Options

Detroit area fans touring in 2008?

Nixon in DetroitNixon in Detroit Posts: 592
edited May 2008 in The Porch
What's up all? I was driving back from the meet up last night and was thinking that it would be cool to see what other local fans might be touring this summer. So I decided to start a thread to see who else from the area will be on the road this summer following the band. I think it would be a great opportunity to meet some new people from the area that might be intrested in hanging out after the tour is finished. I am planning on being at most of the preshow parties for the shows I will be attending. So if your intrested stop up and hang out and don't forget to introduce yourself! I am going to leave the shows I will be at and if you would too that would be great. I am looking forward to meeting some amazing fans from all over! Not to mention meeting up with some old friends that I have made on this all encompassing trip of tours past! See you all starting June 19th!!!

Nixon in Detroit

Camden I- A chance to hang out with 1 of WMMR's biggest PJ fans Matt Cord!
Camden II- check out the 10 club @ 10 pm EST http://www.wmmr.com WMMR Rocks! Where Matt Cord gets the ED out!!
Washington DC- Ed and the guys say goodbye to Mr. Bush!!
New York City I- MSG I am so freaking STOKED!!!
New York City II- Last time out the stage physically SHOOK!! AMAZING!!
Hartford- Could this be the Grand Rapids of 08??? Ed words "Grand Rapids who knew?"
Mansfield I- Boston Lou and Boston Bobby Here I come!! I'm sure we all remember "the Experiment!!"
Yellow Ledbetter is my least favorite song. Because as soon as you hear the first note you know it is time to say goodbye.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    EJE201EJE201 Mason, MI Posts: 319
    I will be coming solo from Lansing to hartford and both mansfield shows. First time ever traveling for a concert!
    Let's say knowledge is a tree,
    It's growing up just like me
  • Options
    Jesika537Jesika537 Posts: 301
    We will be traveling to Florida for the first 2 shows... It looks like we won't see you there, but one of these days we are going to make it to one of the meet-ups.
    Detroit '98 - Detroit '03 - Toledo '04 - Grand Rapids '04 - Kitchener '05 - London '05 - Grand Rapids '06 - Cleveland '06 - Detroit '06 - Chicago '07 - West Palm Beach - Tampa '08 - Toronto '09 - Indy '10 - Buffalo '10 - Toronto '11 - London '13
  • Options
    EJE201 wrote:
    I will be coming solo from Lansing to hartford and both mansfield shows. First time ever traveling for a concert!

Thats Great!! I started traveling back in 2000 and its been down hill ever since!! You are going to have a GREAT time and I am sure that you will meet all sorts of amazing peolpe!
    Yellow Ledbetter is my least favorite song. Because as soon as you hear the first note you know it is time to say goodbye.
  • Options
    Jesika537 wrote:
    We will be traveling to Florida for the first 2 shows... It looks like we won't see you there, but one of these days we are going to make it to one of the meet-ups.

Jesika thats a bummer that we won't be at any of the same shows! Keep your eyes open I know that we are having another meet up in July. We wanted to make sure we didn't interfere with anyones touring. What fun is it to have a meet up when people are unable to come? I am looking forward to meeting you guys soon. Enjoy those Florida shows.
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    Thats Great!! I started traveling back in 2000 and its been down hill ever since!! You are going to have a GREAT time and I am sure that you will meet all sorts of amazing peolpe!
    exactly...
    munich last year was the first time i started really meeting people (the gorge i was too shy for some reason)
    its been nearly a year now and just keep meeting more and more amazing people!

...becareful though... the only dark side is, they start convincing you to do more and more shows... and your priorities begin to become a little askew :D
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    What's up all? I was driving back from the meet up last night and was thinking that it would be cool to see what other local fans might be touring this summer. So I decided to start a thread to see who else from the area will be on the road this summer following the band. I think it would be a great opportunity to meet some new people from the area that might be intrested in hanging out after the tour is finished. I am planning on being at most of the preshow parties for the shows I will be attending. So if your intrested stop up and hang out and don't forget to introduce yourself! I am going to leave the shows I will be at and if you would too that would be great. I am looking forward to meeting some amazing fans from all over! Not to mention meeting up with some old friends that I have made on this all encompassing trip of tours past! See you all starting June 19th!!!

Nixon in Detroit

Camden I- A chance to hang out with 1 of WMMR's biggest PJ fans Matt Cord!
    Camden II- check out the 10 club @ 10 pm EST http://www.wmmr.com WMMR Rocks! Where Matt Cord gets the ED out!!
    Washington DC- Ed and the guys say goodbye to Mr. Bush!!
    New York City I- MSG I am so freaking STOKED!!!
    New York City II- Last time out the stage physically SHOOK!! AMAZING!!
    Hartford- Could this be the Grand Rapids of 08??? Ed words "Grand Rapids who knew?"
    Mansfield I- Boston Lou and Boston Bobby Here I come!! I'm sure we all remember "the Experiment!!"

i'm not detroit area, and i'm seeing 3 shows .. msg 2, hartford, and mansfield 2 .. but what i have to say, is GOOD CALL ON HARTFORD. grand rapids 2? i hope so. for some reason i just have this strange feeling that they are gonna break out alot of long rare stuff. ampitheater, nice day, after and before epic shows .. they will experiment! i hope anyway
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    JoWesleyJoWesley Posts: 109
    We are heading down for WPB & Tampa. I wish we were going to more!
    Aug 93 - Toronto Mar 94 - Ann Arbor
    Sep 96 - Toledo Aug 98 - East Lansing
    Oct 00 - Detroit Apr 03 - Cleveland
    Jun 03 - Detroit May 06 - Grand Rapids & Detroit
    Jul 07 - Lolla Jun 08 - WPB & Tampa
    Vedder: DC 1&2, Chicago 2
  • Options
    Dirty TomDirty Tom Posts: 883
    I will be at both MSG I & II shows and both pre-parties also.

Thanks again for the May meet-up! Even though i had to leave early....i had a great time.

Dirty Tom
    http://www.fancorps.com/wishlistfoundation/view/25753|187003.jpg

"This is the greatest band in the world"---Ben Harper

• Options
    pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306
    Driving the night of the 27th to Mansfield. Will see both shows in Mansfield :)
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
  • Options
    pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306
    Hey Dirty Tom thanks for the DVD! And to Mike for the awesome gifts. Thanks so much guys.

Nice meeting up with fellow jammers Saturday night. Hopefully we can get this thing going in the summer months with bigger crowds ;)
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
  • Options
    PJbauer88PJbauer88 Posts: 87
    EJE201 wrote:

i'm coming to hartford from east lansing with 3 friends
    drowning, drinking the light
    god's eyes are closed, just like yours
  • Options
    Motown322Motown322 Posts: 465
    Man... I don't have any shows planned for this tour, and now I'm REALLY pissed after reading about everyone's itineraries. Wish I could get out for a few of them... :(
  • Options
    NickrandNickrand Posts: 140
    I'll be at the DC show and both MSG shows. I have an extra 10C ticket to the DC show. If someone whispers me sweet nothings I might make it available. Bending me over and calling me Suzie is a viable option as well.
    '00 Detroit; '03 Detroit I MSG II Boston III; '04 Toledo Grand Rapids; '05 Thunder Bay Kitchener London; '06 Arnhem Barcelona Marseille Prague Berlin; '07 Chorzow London Duesseldorf Copenhagen Nijmegen Lollapalooza; '08 EV LA II EV SD I DC MSG I/II EV Montreal I/II EV Toronto I/II EV Chicago I/II; '09 EV Memphis EV Atlanta I/II Berlin Manchester London Sydney Brisbane Auckland Christchurch; '10 Noblesville Cleveland Dublin Belfast Berlin; '11 EV Detroit EV St. Louis EV Minneapolis PJ20 I/II Winnipeg '12 Berlin I/II Stockholm Oslo '13 London Dallas '14 Berlin Stockholm Oslo Detroit
  • Options
    pearljim wrote:
    Hey Dirty Tom thanks for the DVD! And to Mike for the awesome gifts. Thanks so much guys.

Nice meeting up with fellow jammers Saturday night. Hopefully we can get this thing going in the summer months with bigger crowds ;)

No problem Jim.....
    There will be plenty more where that came from.......

• Options
    pjbiz wrote:
    I have a 5 hour layover at Wayne County Airport June 17 after the show in Columbia. Does that count?
    You gonna be around Nixon?
    Jason

It all Depends on what time your layover is Jason. I am trying to pack a 40 work week into 3 days so we will see. PM me with your info it would be cool to see you. So after Columbia are you done with the tour? I spoke to Monica the other day she said she got to hangout with you some on the Ed solo shows! Anyway keep me posted man.
  • Options
    Thats a bummer Jason I would have loved to hang out man!! We will need to do that sometime in the not so distant future!
  • Options
    1 month away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    bump!!
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    EJE201EJE201 Mason, MI Posts: 319
    any decent single tickets for mansfield from the Michigan fans? I have a pair for both shows but my number is 366xxx and would really like to get closer.
    Let's say knowledge is a tree,
    It's growing up just like me