Options

"Someday" CUBS Lose Cubs Lose

bmarsh10bmarsh10 Posts: 168
edited October 2008 in The Porch
Someday is not this year, The Dodgers are crushing the Cubies. Way to show up and play Cubs! Someday you will go all the way, just not this year! Pitching and defense win the world series, too bad its not a cool stadium and fans and a good song!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Maybe next year, heard that one before haven't ya Cubs fans.
    Uniondale. 2003
    MSG 1+2. 2010
    Wrigley. Brooklyn 2. Hartford. 2013
    St. Louis. Denver. 2014
    Global Citizens Festival. 2015
    MSG 2. Fenway 2. Wrigley 1. 2016
    Safeco 2. Missoula. 2018
  • Options
    I'm guessing we won't get that Cubs song on vinyl now....
    the Minions
  • Options
    I feel bad for Eddie the Cubbies just cant get it done. Do you think ESPN and Ed's Single being so hyped before the playoffs may get added to the list of things to jinx the Cubs. (Bartman, Black Cat, Blessing the Dugout?!?!)... Idk just let me know your opinion. I would hate to see 100 years from now on ESPN Ed being mention with curses..
    Lolla 07
    Camden 1 /2008
    MSG 1 & 2 /2008
    EV SOLO-- NYC 1 and NJPAC
  • Options
    fuckin seriously......can anyone say 'CURSE'!!!!

so many weird, random errors tonight....

i can hear them singing it now......"someday they'll go all the way....(just not this year)............."

Everyone Loves Colonel Angus
  • Options
    prrlJAM26 wrote:
    I feel bad for Eddie the Cubbies just cant get it done. Do you think ESPN and Ed's Single being so hyped before the playoffs may get added to the list of things to jinx the Cubs. (Bartman, Black Cat, Blessing the Dugout?!?!)... Idk just let me know your opinion. I would hate to see 100 years from now on ESPN Ed being mention with curses..

I think Eddie will be ok, he already got to be a rockstar, he doesn't need to see his team win the world series also. ;)
    Uniondale. 2003
    MSG 1+2. 2010
    St. Louis. Denver. 2014
    Safeco 2. Missoula. 2018
  • Options
    Uhhhhh, The losingest team in Baseball history won game 2 tonight.........GO Phils!!!!!
  • Options
    gozzo5058gozzo5058 Posts: 611
    it is not looking good...ouch...now 101 years...that's too bad.
    s

Montreal/98, Toronto/00'03'05'06x2, Brad Toronto/02, Buffalo/03, Kitchener/05, London/05, Hamilton/05, Late Show Taping/06, Cleveland/06, Pittsburgh/06, Bridge School Benefit Concert/06, Hartford/08, Mansfield 1/08, EV Montreal/08x2, EV Toronto/08x2...
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Hey Eddie.. Don't release a song again, I don't care what Ernie Banks tells you..

:p
  • Options
    silas23silas23 SoCal Posts: 99
    Go Dodgers! Sorry Ed.....
  • Options
    Go Dodgers!! Way to slap around those loveable losers!

:D

(I hope PJ doesn't purposely skip California next tour)
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Go Dodgers!! Way to slap around those loveable losers!

:D

(I hope PJ doesn't purposely skip California next tour)

well, they can skip So Cal ... ha ha ha. :D
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    GO DODGERS!
    Sorry but I was born and raised in L.A. :D
    Nathan
  • Options
    Left Porch wrote:
    Maybe next year, heard that one before haven't ya Cubs fans.

i wouldn't be saying too much my new york friend. although i am not from chicago, i still have to point out the fact that neither ny teams are in the playoffs. may i also remind you that one of the two teams has the highest pay role in baseball....... actually, in sports...... ironic.
  • Options
    SammyK14SammyK14 Posts: 287
    really interesting article about manny...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=manny
    5 years of Jam...

06: Pittsburgh
    07: Lollapalooza
    08: Bonnaroo, DC
    EV (second row!!!!!!) in DC
    09: Philly 2 & 3
    10: Newark
  • Options
    quasiquasi Posts: 492
    Yup, go Dodgers. Sorry Eddie. Couldn't bring myself to buy the Cubs song either. Mariners are my AL team and Dodgers are my NL team. Going to the game this Saturday and hoping for the sweep.
    SEA 9/20/92, SEA 12/7/93, SEA 12/31/94 (MS), SEA 11/5/00, SEA 11/6/00, SEA 12/8/02, SEA 12/9/02, BEN 10/22/03, GOR 9/1/05, SD 7/7/06, LA 7/10/06, LA 7/12/06, LA (EV) 4/12/08, LA (EV) 4/13/08, LA 7/12/08, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/7/09, SEA 12/6/13, SEA 8/8/18
  • Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    Unfortunately at This point

"All I need is a Miracle" By Mike and Mechanics is more suited for the Cubbies.

They've really botched it this year.
  • Options
    i wouldn't be saying too much my new york friend. although i am not from chicago, i still have to point out the fact that neither ny teams are in the playoffs. may i also remind you that one of the two teams has the highest pay role in baseball....... actually, in sports...... ironic.

I'm a Met fan. In the 47 years the Mets have been a team they have won 2 world championships and appeared in 4 world series. Nothing to brag about, but compare that to the Cubs over the last 47 years, well look it up, i root for a team that is not based on losing. September collapses? Maybe, but I don't think the Mets are ever going to go 100 years without winning a championship. With that being said, I was just having some fun, I actually lived in Chicago for three years and have many friends who are die hard Cubs fans. They had a good time getting on me after September (again) this year, and I'm going to have a good time getting on them for seeing the Cubs not go all the way, again.
    Uniondale. 2003
    MSG 1+2. 2010
    St. Louis. Denver. 2014
    Safeco 2. Missoula. 2018
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,779
    prrlJAM26 wrote:

I'm just going to say that if the Cubs go 0-3 in the first round of the playoffs again, it seems a bit coincidental that Eddie sang that song in Chicago both years as well...
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    Cubs are as good as the song Ed made for them...

101 years and counting for the Cubs :)
  • Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    I wouldn't count them out yet. They have the best offence in the League. They just need to get over whatever shit slump they're in right now. The last 2 games are the worst they've played all season. They really need to make something happen on Saturday.
  • Options
    I almost start to feel bad for Cubs fans, but then I think back to the Ed solo show in Milwaukee and all the people that were yelling Cubs shit out during the set and I start to feel happy again.
    "In certain trying circumstances...profanity furnishes a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain
  • Options
    Left Porch wrote:
    I'm a Met fan. In the 47 years the Mets have been a team they have won 2 world championships and appeared in 4 world series. Nothing to brag about, but compare that to the Cubs over the last 47 years, well look it up, i root for a team that is not based on losing. September collapses? Maybe, but I don't think the Mets are ever going to go 100 years without winning a championship. With that being said, I was just having some fun, I actually lived in Chicago for three years and have many friends who are die hard Cubs fans. They had a good time getting on me after September (again) this year, and I'm going to have a good time getting on them for seeing the Cubs not go all the way, again.

yeah, i was just having some fun, too. i had a feeling that you were a mets fan so thats why i couldnt say too much lol. im a jays fan, so it looks like you and i can enjoy the playoffs in the same boat.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,897
    Gonzo1977 wrote:
    I wouldn't count them out yet. They have the best offence in the League. They just need to get over whatever shit slump they're in right now. The last 2 games are the worst they've played all season. They really need to make something happen on Saturday.
    The Dodgers are VERY confident and heading back to L.A. This is a disaster for the Cubs. They could come back, but it would be extremely hard. I'm guessing they lose in 4.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    bmarsh10 wrote:
    Someday is not this year, The Dodgers are crushing the Cubies. Way to show up and play Cubs! Someday you will go all the way, just not this year! Pitching and defense win the world series, too bad its not a cool stadium and fans and a good song!
    gotta wine three games my friend...
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • Options
    I know my SOX will not get past the Rays (maybe win one game if were lucky).........but it makes me all warm and fuzzy inside knowing the Cubs are going down in flames.....Oh well there is always the next 100 years Cubs fans.

Ha HA HA HA HA
    WHITE SOX WHITE SOX GO GO WHITE SOX
  • Options
    I'm not a Cubs fan - I grew up too close to Cincinnati - but I have to say that I would LOVE to watch a game at Wrigley Field. It's one of the few remaining temples of baseball - a number that continues to dwindle this year with the Yankees moving and the Red Sox rumbles of the same - and the atmosphere at parks like this is incredible, a sense of a history of place that settles over you that is continually disrupted by a feeling that you're in a place out of time.

That said, what's wrong with this picture: the ancient Romans build a stadium that was used for CENTURIES, one whose structure lasted for millennia, we can't figure out how to maintain our ballparks for 80 years?

Cincinnati, Columbus 2000
    Baltimore 2013
  • Options
    joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    Booooooo Cubs Booooooo
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    pjalive21 wrote:
    Cubs are as good as the song Ed made for them...

101 years and counting for the Cubs :)

oh yeah i was right.wooooooooooooo

CUBS SUCK!
  • Options
    Fuck The Cubs

Fuck Wrigley

Fuck Eddie and his gay ass song

Fuck Pearl Jam

Fuck it, we'll do it live. Fuck it. Fucking thing sucks.

Lil Wayne is better than Pearl Jam.

Bitches ain't nothin' but hoes 'n tricks
  • Options
    lostpuppylostpuppy Posts: 110
    just for the record 2008 - 1908 = 100, not 101