• Options
    Keely
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    Jeanie wrote:
    Yes! :)

Her and Vivien Leigh. Oh and Grace Kelly, Cyd Charisse, Lana Turner, Moira Shearer.......hmmm.....don't get me started! :D

Too late, methinks.:p

But hey - any of those names would be good for the kitty.:D
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Options
    Jeanie wrote:
    Yes! :)

Her and Vivien Leigh. Oh and Grace Kelly, Cyd Charisse, Lana Turner, Moira Shearer.......hmmm.....don't get me started! :D
    you're not british are you???

my bad. :o
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    The name that comes to mind is Misty.

(I have 6 cats, all neutered males - it was supposed to be only 5, but well you know how it is - another little guy came along and needed a home.)
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    Too late, methinks.:p

But hey - any of those names would be good for the kitty.:D

hehe! :D I know! It don't take much! ;)

But yeah, they would be good for the kitty! :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options
    you're not british are you???

my bad. :o

Nope! :D

Aussie! Aussie! Aussie! Oi! Oi! Oi! :D

No worries mate! Tis an easy mistake to make. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options
    GraySaturdayGraySaturday Posts: 2,878
    Okay folks:

I have put together some sort of a list from the husband agreeing with some things...

here we go:

Jocelyn
    Olivia
    Paige
    Sydney
    Keira
    Jacqueline
    Reagen (said like reeeeeeegan)
    Fiona
    Elisa

and still looking
  • Options
    Okay folks:

I have put together some sort of a list from the husband agreeing with some things...

here we go:

Jocelyn
    Olivia
    Paige
    Sydney
    Keira
    Jacqueline
    Fiona
    Elisa

and still looking

What about Fifi? :)

Or Mimi? :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options
    pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    merryl, sheryl or beryl

I am sorry but i don't like cats. I see a kitten and I think it is cute, but they destroy our native flora and fauna.....

Dogs all the way.....
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    pjfan31 wrote:
    merryl, sheryl or beryl

I am sorry but i don't like cats. I see a kitten and I think it is cute, but they destroy our native flora and fauna.....

Dogs all the way.....

Dogs can be just as bad. That's why pet owners have a responsibility to themselves, others and native flora and fauna.

There's actually this REALLY cool house around the corner that has all kinds of whiz bang environmental gadgets including this really cool cat run along the side of the house in amongst the garden. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options
    Jeanie wrote:
    Dogs can be just as bad. That's why pet owners have a responsibility to themselves, others and native flora and fauna.

There's actually this REALLY cool house around the corner that has all kinds of whiz bang environmental gadgets including this really cool cat run along the side of the house in amongst the garden. :)

Oh yeah I know, generally speaking it is the cats who do more damage. My brother-in-law works in national parks and wildlife and bush regeneration and he hates cats with a passion purely and simply because of their destructivness. Its a bit sad but he says the best place for a cat is under the tyres of his truck. He would never do it, he is just being funny.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    pjfan31 wrote:
    Oh yeah I know, generally speaking it is the cats who do more damage. My brother-in-law works in national parks and wildlife and bush regeneration and he hates cats with a passion purely and simply because of their destructivness. Its a bit sad but he says the best place for a cat is under the tyres of his truck. He would never do it, he is just being funny.

yikes! :eek:
  • Options
    pjfan31 wrote:

Oh no! I know what you mean. :) We have property right on the state forest here and the feral cats are a bloody nuisance! Not to mention all the ones around here in the burbs that come stalking. It really irritates me! Makes me very cross! But not at the cats, at the stupid idiots that own them!
    It really should be better policed! AND I don't think they should be allowed in some areas at all!
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options
    Jeanie wrote:
    Oh no! I know what you mean. :) We have property right on the state forest here and the feral cats are a bloody nuisance! Not to mention all the ones around here in the burbs that come stalking. It really irritates me! Makes me very cross! But not at the cats, at the stupid idiots that own them!
    It really should be better policed! AND I don't think they should be allowed in some areas at all!

Apparently these feral cats get into a very big name poultry supplier here in Australia, and lets just say they go looking for a feed in the deep freezer, and staff often find frozen kitty's amongst the chickens that they sell to us to consume. Yucky ferals. Yucky chicken company.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    pjfan31 wrote:
    Apparently these feral cats get into a very big name poultry supplier here in Australia, and lets just say they go looking for a feed in the deep freezer, and staff often find frozen kitty's amongst the chickens that they sell to us to consume. Yucky ferals. Yucky chicken company.

There's a reason I rarely eat chicken! :eek:

Ferals are a bloody menace! Worse than foxes! I cannot believe that people still don't understand the devestation that they wreak on beautiful little critters like the antechinas, bilbies, potaroos, all those lovely little creatures. We have echidna, platypus and even a lyre bird at our place, well as well as the wombats but those suckers are like a brick shithouse, you don't mess with them! :D We've even had roos. I'm always on the look out for ferals and we'd never have a cat out there. It's just not appropriate.

Sorry, sarah, I should say though that I mean in specific circumstances. Indoor kitties are lovely critters or those that can be suitably restrained outdoors. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Okay folks:

here we go:

Jocelyn
    Olivia
    Paige
    Sydney
    Keira
    Jacqueline
    Fiona
    Elisa

and still looking

Amelie, Victoria (I had a beautiful Turkish Van called Victoria)
    and yes... this is my last cat.. FOR SURE!
    Why? :)
  • Options
    So.......

we just got home from the shelter. And the kitty we talked about last night was a no go after all. She was really sleepy yesterday and didn't want to play with us, and seemed like she wasn't interested, so we went back today first thing to see if she was really like that, or just tired yesterday, and she didn't want to play with us at all, and she wasn't getting along with the other kitties in the room (they have open air cages there).. so we had to not go with her, because our other cats are pretty wild, and it would have been a horrible match for our other cats, and her.

So, that being said, we did find a wonderful little beast that had the most energy that I have ever seen in a kitten. HE (yes! he's a boy) was a ton of fun to play with. He's a tuxedo cat, white paws, white belly, and a touch of white on his face, and the rest is black. He's tiny, 12 weeks old, and SUPER cuddly with me.. Unlike all of my girls, whom love my husband.

So, looks like I need a boy name after all. He's home with us now, sitting on my chest as I type.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14915606@N07/2207414158/

here he is.. he needs a name!
  • Options
    Monty!

Just cos it suits a tuxedo cat in my head.:p
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    So, looks like I need a boy name after all. He's home with us now, sitting on my chest as I type.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14915606@N07/2207414158/

here he is.. he needs a name!

lucky cat ;)

yeah i dont care much for cats but he looks like a "Maxie" or a "Octavius"

how cool is Octavius!!! :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    Ergo.
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • Options
    My husband is obsessed with the name Dylan..

I just don't know!
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    Dave is a boys name!

shortly after they got married, my brother's wife wanted to get a dog....well my bro really isn't an animal person so after a lot of pressure, he caved and they got a cat....a.female...and his wife let my brother name her......he went with fred.....:)

anyway, seeing as now you have a male why not fred! ;):D

dylan is good, tho....:o
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Winston. He is gorgeous!
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Winston. He is gorgeous!

Thanks! I love the name Winston, but its my inlaws' dogs name :)

what about Jackson???
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Thanks! I love the name Winston, but its my inlaws' dogs name :)

what about Jackson???

well i just phoned Michael and he said Tito is ok with you naming it after him :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    Mookie!!!!!!
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    Nadine. I had a fish named Nadine once.

I really want a cat! I'd prefer a dog, but I can't take care of one. I could handle a cat. Unfortunately, I am so allergic to cats, I can walk into a house I've never been in before and know immediately that they have a cat.
  • Options
    the husband has agreed to Jackson.

So Jackson is the little buggers new name :)

Now I just have to get my girls to stop spitting when he walks past... You'd think they'd like a little boyfriend!
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    the husband has agreed to Jackson.

So Jackson is the little buggers new name :)

Now I just have to get my girls to stop spitting when he walks past... You'd think they'd like a little boyfriend!

Jackson is my roomie's dog's name. We call him "Jax" for short. Very cool. Congrats!! :)

P.S. When do we get to see some pics?
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    ProteusProteus Posts: 166
    Name him Joelseph.
    FUEL AND RELEASE!!! happiness is good FOR AN hour... FUEL AND RE-LEASE!!! happines is good FOR an HOU-ER.
    --P. Farrell