Options

Okay, so I only applied a week ago, but....

GraySaturdayGraySaturday Posts: 2,878
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
I got into Graduate School today!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to be an Elementary Teacher! I'm so excited.

Sorry, I was just really excited, early christmas present for moi!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    congratulations!
  • Options

That's great! Congratulations!!!! :)

Are you going to teach art, or just general education stuff? (whatever you'd call that for elementary school kids...lol.)
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,083
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    Congrats!
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,761

Can't you be an elementary school teacher without a graduate degree...at least to start?

Congrats!
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    know1 wrote:
    Can't you be an elementary school teacher without a graduate degree...at least to start?

Congrats!

I could, but my undergrad is in Fine art (Drawing and Painting) and therefore I can't take the certification tests without the degree.. And since I don't really want another BFA/BA or anything and I want a masters, I'm going for that.

And Brain of J.Lo, I'm going for straight out Elem. Ed. While I'd love to teach Art, its sorta a dying program in schools, and with the loans from DePaul I need to ensure I will be able to find a job. So a creative elem. teach I shall be!
  • Options
    And Brain of J.Lo, I'm going for straight out Elem. Ed. While I'd love to teach Art, its sorta a dying program in schools, and with the loans from DePaul I need to ensure I will be able to find a job. So a creative elem. teach I shall be!

Yeah, that is definitely true. My sister is very lucky to have finally found a really cushy (by education standards) art teaching job, at a school that really respects the arts and has a lot of money to throw at the program. It's been a long time coming, and in the past when she has looked for jobs, they have been few and far between.

I've sometimes considered going into education, and my choice would be between secondary English and secondary Art. English would probably win out, just as a matter of practicality...but I think I'd rather teach Art.
  • Options
    that is AWESOME! congrats to you!

as a former art teacher, i think you are wise not to specialize only in art. :p that said, not to be discouraging...but elementary ed is a pretty flooded/competitive field too. better than art, no doubt, but if you can possibly get a foreign language, math, science or special ed specialty...you will be FAR, FAR, FAAAR more desirable/markable....easier to find a job, anywhere....even in choice districts. merely food for thought. either way, best of luck and enjoy!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    Congratulations! :)
    There's a light when my baby's in my arms :)
  • Options
    Congrats to you!!! That is awesome :)
  • Options
    thats awesomee!!! ;) congrats :D