Options

Where are you going for the holidays?

GraySaturdayGraySaturday Posts: 2,878
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
I'm headed to the ever so exciting Newtown PA to see my parents and brother this year.

Where are you going to be traveling to?

Side note: I just bought my husband a surprise subscription to playboy for a year for christmas.. That should be special to open up in front of my mom.. hahaha Joy!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,436
    I'm headed to the ever so exciting Newtown PA to see my parents and brother this year.

Side note: I just bought my husband a surprise subscription to playboy for a year for christmas.. That should be special to open up in front of my mom.. hahaha Joy!

No matter what I suggest to my girlfriend, she keeps saying "Don't go there"

(sorry, since so many people here are stuck in the early 90s, I thought it would be ok to use that term!)
    :)
  • Options
    eoboeobo Posts: 102
    Belfast, Norn Iron. Where the heart (and family, free board and free food) is.

:D
    heh, keep her lit.

Dublin, 23/08/2006 = Lifechanging! X D

Katowice, 13/06/2007 = Phenomenal = )

London, 18/06/2007 = Pretty darn sweet = )

London Poster Wanted, PM if you have one for sale = )
  • Options
    iamsampjiamsampj Posts: 784
    outside of gainesville, florida...to hang out with my parents/grandparents. i hate that i don't get to spend more than a day with them because of work :( retail sucks sometimes during the holidays!
    yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.
  • Options

The best wife ever !!

Playboy subscription..niiiiiiiice

We are traveling to my Mom's in first then to Philly to the In-Laws for Dinner
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    my house. wow. what an exciting life huh?
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    going about 8 miles down the road. Get to stay in town this year.
    "It's all happening"
  • Options
    To Australia to spend the holidays with my fiance :) It will only take 28 hours to get there :p
    There's a light when my baby's in my arms :)
  • Options
    To Australia to spend the holidays with my fiance :) It will only take 28 hours to get there :p

Awwww.. how wonderful! Are you going to move to Australia when you get married?
  • Options
    On Christmas Eve, we'll go across the street to my in-laws for egg nog and presents. On Christmas day, they'll come over here for breakfast. And then we'll go back over there for dinner...lol. :D
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    home to ohio.
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,078
    out to dinner with the rest of the other jewish people that go out on christmas day..
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    I'm going to Palm Beach, Florida.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    Heading to the folks' house in Fircrest, WA for Christmas. The whole famdamily will be there.
  • Options
    Slip KidSlip Kid Posts: 1,175
    Nj
    I just don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die.
  • Options
    out to dinner with the rest of the other jewish people that go out on christmas day..

this made me smile.
    if i were jewish, i would for sure do that ANd go to the cinema!

where do you go tho? perhaps in manhattan there are more places open christmas day. couple years ago we DID go out for dinner chirstmas day due to a huge blizzard changing our plans, and the only places open were chinese. :p haha.

christmas eve we ALWAYS go out for dinner, locally, just us....perhaps with my recently single bro-in-law. christmas day we drive under 5 miles away to spend christmas with my middle sis, her hubby and my mom. no more trips to jersey to visist my oldest sister and her kids on christmas day! :D don't get me wrong, i love my sister and nephews...but driving over 2 bridges ON the holiday is a nightmare. a 55 mile drive some years took us 3 hours with traffic :eek: talk about bah humbug! so now....we keep it simple and close to home, just as i like my holidays...and get together with more distant family when it's NOT so crazy to travel. i LOVE how my holidays are celebrated. :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    10 blocks away to my brother's house

talk about no traffic :)
  • Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    CT, MA, NY. Whirlwind.
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    this made me smile.
    if i were jewish, i would for sure do that ANd go to the cinema!

where do you go tho? perhaps in manhattan there are more places open christmas day. couple years ago we DID go out for dinner chirstmas day due to a huge blizzard changing our plans, and the only places open were chinese. :p haha.

christmas eve we ALWAYS go out for dinner, locally, just us....perhaps with my recently single bro-in-law. christmas day we drive under 5 miles away to spend christmas with my middle sis, her hubby and my mom. no more trips to jersey to visist my oldest sister and her kids on christmas day! :D don't get me wrong, i love my sister and nephews...but driving over 2 bridges ON the holiday is a nightmare. a 55 mile drive some years took us 3 hours with traffic :eek: talk about bah humbug! so now....we keep it simple and close to home, just as i like my holidays...and get together with more distant family when it's NOT so crazy to travel. i LOVE how my holidays are celebrated. :D

there's usually a jewish deli place open (Ben's or Deli King) or a diner that is open.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
  • Options
    there's usually a jewish deli place open (Ben's or Deli King) or a diner that is open.

true. diners are usually open 365/24/7. however, when one DOES celebrate the holiday, diners just really aren't the kinda place one wants to go for a festive/celebratory meal. :p

so yes, christmas eve.....out to a great restaurant....christmas day...eating in. :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    true. diners are usually open 365/24/7. however, when one DOES celebrate the holiday, diners just really aren't the kinda place one wants to go for a festive/celebratory meal. :p

so yes, christmas eve.....out to a great restaurant....christmas day...eating in. :D

of course not, sometimes we eat in. just as a side note, what are you cooking for christmas dinner?
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
  • Options
    of course not, sometimes we eat in. just as a side note, what are you cooking for christmas dinner?

nothing. i don't cook. :D
    we are going to my sister's house and her husband shall be cooking us some fabulous meal as he usually does for christmas. :p we were both quite smart, married men who cook oh so well. :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    The best wife ever !!

Playboy subscription..niiiiiiiice

Got my hubby a sub to Pboy as a gift back in the 90's...

And we're going to Maui for Christmas this year - first time ever...! We leave this Sunday...
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    20 minutes from my house.
  • Options
    Awwww.. how wonderful! Are you going to move to Australia when you get married?
    That's the plan! I'm already filing for a work visa - so hopefully the plan is to get married after i get the visa. Thank you :)
    There's a light when my baby's in my arms :)
  • Options

And we're going to Maui for Christmas this year - first time ever...! We leave this Sunday...

i would LOVe to doa trip like that for the holidays one year! it might be hard not getting a tree, etc.....but i am sure i'd get over it. ;) however, my husband can never get any vacation time off around the holidays :(....so until that changes, no trips to maui for christmas for us just yet. someday tho!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    mammasanmammasan Posts: 5,656
    Well my family celebrates on Christmas Eve so I am heading to beatifull and scenic Newark, NJ to my parent's house for a traditional Cuban Christmas dinner. On Christmas day my girlfriend's family and my parents are going over to her place for dinner in wonderfull Bayonne, NJ. Christmas day should be fun. It will be the first time our families are meeting. The bleeding heart liberals, that would be her mom and her partner, and my uber Republican parents.
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul