Medical Travel Insurance

colorsblendcolorsblend Posts: 173
edited June 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Has anyone purchased medical travel insurance, like from Medex, TravelGuard, etc?

I'm quitting my job in March to travel around Australia for a month or so and am thinking about purchasing a short term travelers medical policy in case something happens. Any recommendations or experiences?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I've never purchased it. Anyone else?
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    I bought it for a trip to Africa a couple years ago. I was shocked how reasonable the cost was.

I used Atlas International and everything was easy and straight forward.

I didn't need to use it during my trip, but was glad to have it.
  • bindy123bindy123 Posts: 210
    Has anyone purchased medical travel insurance, like from Medex, TravelGuard, etc?

I'm quitting my job in March to travel around Australia for a month or so and am thinking about purchasing a short term travelers medical policy in case something happens. Any recommendations or experiences?

I just travelled to Indonesia last year, the first real overseas trip I have done...it is essential to get when going somewhere like that, but I knew nothing about it.

I got onto CoverMore Travel Insurance...it doesnt cost very much and they cover you for any emergency, illness, injury etc...fly you home if necessary...they pick up the tab for everything.

Fortunately I didnt have to actually test out whether the insurance was any good, but I would never go anywhere without it...
    "God created surfing and Pearl Jam so that the truely gifted, talented and most intelligent people wouldnt rule the world"...adapted from my bumper sticker