Coinstar

2»

Comments

• There are a lot of banks that will do this for free. And then again, there are a lot of banks who will look at you funny if you brought in a big bag of change. You should look around before using Coinstar, depending on the ammount of change you have, the 15-20% that Coinstar takes can end up being A LOT of money.
    Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    I've used it in the past, but it always bothered me that they were taking a percentage just for my laziness.

That being said, I really do not use cash anymore so I do not have any change built up. I tried to go all of 2007 without using an ATM, and I ended up using them 3 times for the entire year.

I wish cash would just go away.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    So I put in my cash, and they just give me less of it back?

yes
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    theres this drink u can get at paris las vegas. its an eiffel tower and i always save them. i found mine the other day and it was half full. Spydee saw it and asked what it was so i told him. he wanted to "get the dollars" so we took it to coinstar. there was freakin 43 dollars in that badd boy! all dimes and pennies! he got to buy junk so he was happy. coinstar is awesome! :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • GraySaturdayGraySaturday Posts: 2,878
    SENROCK! wrote:
    theres this drink u can get at paris las vegas. its an eiffel tower and i always save them. i found mine the other day and it was half full. Spydee saw it and asked what it was so i told him. he wanted to "get the dollars" so we took it to coinstar. there was freakin 43 dollars in that badd boy! all dimes and pennies! he got to buy junk so he was happy. coinstar is awesome! :D

Those are awesome..... We had our wedding dinner at the Paris Eiffel Tower in Las Vegas, and then got wasted on those huge drinks! Muy Bueno!
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    Those are awesome..... We had our wedding dinner at the Paris Eiffel Tower in Las Vegas, and then got wasted on those huge drinks! Muy Bueno!
    yeah man, i love getting those! MOST of the time tho they only serve up margaritas or daquiris in there. if ure really nice you can get whatever u want in there :D and when ure back home? they hold coins really well!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    More info about the free e-certificate idea.

http://www.coinstar.com/us/WebDocs/A1-0-3-1

a caveat, not every certificate or service available at every location, but in my upstate town i can get itunes/amazon, which is good enough for me, but they have starbucks, jcpenney, eddiebauer and a bunch of others. You can search and see which locations have what available.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    When I moved to WA from IA I discovered a few differences in the two.
    One difference is most of the banks here don't have change counting
    machines so one can change their coin collection in for paper money.
    What a crock of shit this is.
    In Iowa one brings in their coins, they put em thru the fuckin machine,
    they write down the balance on a slip of paper and count out to you
    your paper money, taadaa...
    Fuck you Washington state bank, and fuck your paper rolls of coins bullshit.
    I never seen anything like this in my life, it is outrageous.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Damn, what are you...an accountant or something?!

You can get your $$ back- buy CSTR.
    "If you're looking for someone to pull you out of that ditch, you're out of luck."
  • eoboeobo Posts: 102
    am i the only person who has never, ever heard of this concept before this thread?
    heh, keep her lit.

Dublin, 23/08/2006 = Lifechanging! X D

Katowice, 13/06/2007 = Phenomenal = )

London, 18/06/2007 = Pretty darn sweet = )

London Poster Wanted, PM if you have one for sale = )
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    The Coinstars around here only take about 8-9%. I used one recently and got $48 bucks out of it! Good day. :D
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I use Coinstar about once a year. Usually walk away with about a 1000 bucks or so.