Fantasy Football players....help

brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
edited November 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
the commish in the league I'm in just put Carson Palmer and Warrick Dunn on the trading block. in return, he wants a QB, RB, and WR.

I want to offer him one of two:

Carson Palmer, Joseph Addai, Jeremy Shockey for Donovan McNabb, Larry Johnson, and Lee Evans

OR

Carson Palmer, Addai, Shockey for Tony Romo, Johnson, and Evans

which one guys?

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    brainofPJ wrote:
    the commish in the league I'm in just put Carson Palmer and Warrick Dunn on the trading block. in return, he wants a QB, RB, and WR.

Carson Palmer, Joseph Addai, Jeremy Shockey for Donovan McNabb, Larry Johnson, and Lee Evans

OR

which one guys?

why would you want Larry Johnson?
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • glbglb Posts: 356
    brainofPJ wrote:

OR

which one guys?

You would be asking for 3 players that are producing at the top of their positions, while only giving up one player that is producing at the top of his position. I think the only one he would even consider would be the one where you offer Romo. If I were him I wouldn't take it though.
    "I've got things to do and things to say in my own way..."
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    LongRd. wrote:
    why would you want Larry Johnson?

you mean, why would he want Larry Johnson?....

glb wrote:
    You would be asking for 3 players that are producing at the top of their positions, while only giving up one player that is producing at the top of his position. I think the only one he would even consider would be the one where you offer Romo. If I were him I wouldn't take it though.

Shockey isn't producing.

it's not like I'm just throwing in Johnson here. he's faced some of the toughest run defenses and the WRs are injured which has affected the run game. pretty sure he'll come around. I just can't wait.

I am however, just throwing in Evans.

• Solat13Solat13 Posts: 6,996
    brainofPJ wrote:

I am however, just throwing in Evans.

I think Lee Evans has more penalty yards this season than receiving yards.

He and the Bills are off to a terrible start.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Romo is better then McNabb ... so if you want to offer one, make the offer with McNabb (edit, coming off last week, this might be the right time to do this) ... but, if I were the guy with Palmer, Addai, and Shockey, I wouldn't do either of these deals.

Addai has moved past LJ on the overall RB rankings, don't you think?

Lee Evans, man, a lot of people bit hard on his final weeks last year and picked him pretty high ... and now Losman's out for a few weeks? eeesh ... barely a top 20 WR at this point.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • brainofPJ wrote:

OR

which one guys?
    there is no way someone would make the trades your showing. Your giving a lesser player at every end of this deal and would be gettn back gold. i hope someone is dumb enough for your sake but i wouldn't touch lee evans with a 10 ft pole and LJ is spent,he's got GREEN DISCEASE.
    Go Birds!!!!
    there is no way someone would make the trades your showing. Your giving a lesser player at every end of this deal and would be gettn back gold. i hope someone is dumb enough for your sake but i wouldn't touch lee evans with a 10 ft pole and LJ is spent.

LJ isn't spent, but, there's no way you're going to get market value for him right now ... or at least, you're not going to get what you paid for him in return.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    jimed14 wrote:
    Romo is better then McNabb ... so if you want to offer one, make the offer with McNabb ... but, if I were the guy with Palmer, Addai, and Shockey, I wouldn't do either of these deals.

Addai has moved past LJ on the overall RB rankings, don't you think?

Lee Evans, man, a lot of people bit hard on his final weeks last year and picked him pretty high ... and now Losman's out for a few weeks? eeesh ... barely a top 20 WR at this point.

i took out Shockey.

offered him McNabb, Johnsn, Evans.

i didn't bite on Evans seasn last year. he was the best available in one of the late rounds. he would be a really good number 2 WR on a good team.

• Hmmm. Favre this week against Detroit, or Eli manning against Minnesota. I've been down on Eli the last few weeks and have started favre the last 3 weeks. Ove rthe last 4, Favre has averaged 32, to Eli's 15. Sounds like a no-brainer, and I'm leaning heavily towards favre. Should I take a shot with Eli against the 32nd ranked pass defense?
  • same question, this time leaning towards NothingManning. Yeah he sucks, but GB's gonna run up and down the field, they're got the 2 seed sewn up and Favre's playing with an arm helf together by dirt, spit, and duct tape. Am i wrong?

Also, Kolby Smith or Marion barber. i'm leaning towards Barber
  • chikevinchikevin Posts: 421
    same question, this time leaning towards NothingManning. Yeah he sucks, but GB's gonna run up and down the field, they're got the 2 seed sewn up and Favre's playing with an arm helf together by dirt, spit, and duct tape. Am i wrong?

Also, Kolby Smith or Marion barber. i'm leaning towards Barber
    i wouldn't go near favre this week. IMO, he'll only play a half or so b/c they'll be up enough and want to see rodgers get some more reps just in case.
  • that's what I'm thinking too. Thanks
    chikevin wrote:
    i wouldn't go near favre this week. IMO, he'll only play a half or so b/c they'll be up enough and want to see rodgers get some more reps just in case.

FYI ... I think Rodgers is out this week and Craig Nall is the #2 ... Rodgers has a hammy issue.

• wow, I'm an idiot. why would I even think about starting NothingManning?
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    brainofPJ wrote:

OR

which one guys?
    Shockey hasn't really been performing this year
  • LloydXmas wrote:
    brainofPJ wrote:

OR

which one guys?
    Shockey hasn't really been performing this year
    I'd keep Mcnabb.
    8/29/00*5/2/03*7/2/03*7/3/03*7/11/03*9/28/04*5/24/06*6/28/08*5/15/10*5/17/10* 10/16/13*10/25/13* 4/28/16*4/28/16*8/5/16*8/7/16 EV 6/15/11 Brad 10/27/02