edited December 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
at the bar or restaurant that is.

because i just did about 1 hour ago.

damn bastards from work...

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I did at ihop one time. The waitress came to our table twice the whole time we were there, to take our order and bring us the food, and we sat there for about 30 minutes after we were done eating and there was no sign of her or any other waiter or waitress to help us, so we just left. The place wasn't busy at all, there were only three other tables of people in the whole place so there was no excuse for that.
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    fuck yea Andy, that's what i'm talking about!

• jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    the ol' chew and screw ...

did it once half way through a insanely bad service, bad quality meal ...
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • NO!!! I used to work in a restaurant where we had to pay if someone walked out :(
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,441
    dine and dash. nope.

although i snatched a handful of fries off someguys table at mickyD's one day cuz i was real hungry
  • Hell no.
    That's like the kids who walked into my store and grabbeda handful of candy and walked out. Lucky I did not catch him. I fucking hate thieves!!!!!

But, if the food and service is bad thats different, not that it gives the green light to walk out but complain
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • iamsampjiamsampj Posts: 784
    my family did once when i was in high school...that was only because a roach crawled out of my sister's hamburger (after she had already taken a bite) :eek: my dad let the waitress know as we left...i don't think anyone would've expected us to pay though. vomit.
    yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    iamsampj wrote:
    my family did once when i was in high school...that was only because a roach crawled out of my sister's hamburger (after she had already taken a bite) :eek: my dad let the waitress know as we left...i don't think anyone would've expected us to pay though. vomit.

yea....they should have payed you for being there.

gross.

• iamsampj wrote:

I think I just threw up a little bit.. fucking gross
  • iamsampjiamsampj Posts: 784
    brainofPJ wrote:
    yea....they should have payed you for being there.

gross.
    i thought so too...i was so hungry, yet terrified to eat anything for days!

i don't eat at bbq restaurants anymore because of this trauma.
    yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.
  • I have once at a bar/grill place.
    I was there with my girlfriend at the time and another couple....we were there for a while...like 2.5-3 hours...we ate, and kept drinking while chatting. I think they closed at 11, and it was about 10:30...so I asked the waitress to bring us our bill, so we could get out of their way....and waited....and waited...and waited....finally it was about 5 til 11, and I notice the waitress is over at the bar flirting with some dude...not paying any attention to us...so I told the rest of the crew to head for the car....and if she brings the bill over I'll pay but if not, I'm gonna walk out last.......I don't think she ever saw us leave...and that had to be a pretty big tab for a small place...well over 100 bucks. I still feel guilty about it!
    "It's all happening"
  • once we couldn't get the waitress to give us the bill, so we guessed how much it was and left it on the table...that's about as close as I've come to skipping out :)
  • HartydogHartydog Posts: 2,060
    Nope. that's too disrespectful to the staff. no matter how bad the service is.
    Boston 9-28-04, 5-24-06, 5-25-06, 5-17-10, 8-5-16, 8-7-16, 9-2-18, 9-4-18
    Hartford 5-13-06, 6-27-08, 10-25-13
    Mansfield, MA 6-30-08, 6-28-08, 7-2-03, 7-3-03, 7-11-03, 8-29-00, 8-30-00, 9-15-98, 9-16-98
    Worcester 10-15-13, 10-16-13
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    NO!!! I used to work in a restaurant where we had to pay if someone walked out :(
    ive worked in restaurants/bars too - and I see nothing wrong 'walking out', or leaving little or no tip, if the service is terrible
  • angryyoungmanangryyoungman Medford, NY Posts: 1,028
    years ago did it a couple of times. . .now i probably have too much sympathy for the people who work there. . .although if a roach crawled out of my food im out the fucking door i dont care
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    One time in my early twenties at a Denny's. Waitress was nowhere to be found ever! Think one of the kitchen staff brought us our food. Asked a different waitress to get our bill, it never materialized so we bolted. But it was Denny's afterall, what could the damage have been, $15?!? Wouldn't do it nowadays though.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Never have. I can't imagine doing that. I might however, walk up to the cash resgister and stand there until someone materializes, or even go toward the kitchen or staff-only area to get someone's attention, instead of sitting meekly at someone else's mercy. But not pay for my food, never.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • mtricomtrico Posts: 29
    ive worked in restaurants/bars too - and I see nothing wrong 'walking out', or leaving little or no tip, if the service is terrible

When did you get out of jail?
    RI 9/28/96; MSG 9/10/98; 2000: Want 8/23, 8/24 & 8/25; 2003: LI 4/30, LV 6/6, MSG 7/8 & 7/9, Mans 7/11, & Holm 7/14; 2005: Ott 9/16, Tor 9/19, AC 9/30 & 10/1, Phil 10/3; 2006: L.S. 5/4, IP 5/5, Alb 5/12, Bos 5/24, Cam 5/27 & 5/28, ER 6/1, ER 6/3, PIT 6/23, SF 7/18, Hon 12/9.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,204
    never have i hope to never have too ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • never. a couple times i've left a bad tip just because the service was horrible, but i couldn't walk out on a bill, no matter how bad the experience was
  • PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    No but I wanted to 1 time. There was a group of about 10 people. We were in high school and overcharged us $40. They were just trying to take advantage of us since we were young. I was really mad and wanted to walk out. A couple of our friends picked up the difference. The place closed down about 6 months later. I heard from some later they had a habit of over charging people and had several people walk out. I think thats the only situation I would.
  • senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    No, but I've had such bad service/food that a few times I wish I did.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,810
    not since I was in college
    I can pay for meals now
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    But never because I couldn't afford it. Horrible service and horrible food = a possible walk-out. Sends a pretty clear message and I'm certaily not going to bitch them out when they are still supposed to be bringing me food or drinks as that is how you wind up with shit in your meals.

For the record, I usually tip very generously for even adequate service.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,225
    I'm too honest.. too much of a Boy scout. If I ate the food... I should pay for it, regardless of the service. And when it comes to checking out.. especially at a diner or IHoP... you CAN take clear it up at the register.
    Stealing is a pretty shitty thing to do... leastwise, in my book it is. I'm not a Thief.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    I did once. We were sitting at the back of the restaurant and there's a back door out into a bigger complex. We sat there for a while after eating, and the n realised we were late for our movie. So we just said Oh Shit!, hopped up and ran in next door to the cinema. About a half hour later we we realised we hadn't paid. Total accident.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Cosmo wrote:
    If I ate the food... I should pay for it, regardless of the service.
    I agree... if the food's shit, I'll send it back or complain and make them knock something off. If the service is shit, I pay for the food and no tip. I've a feeling I may have FORGOTTEN to pay for something once... but I can't remember specifically... I'm sure it's happened though.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • I've never walked out. I have sent food back that was horrible, and I have approached people in or near the kitchen to pay, but I have never left without paying.

I also do a countdown with the tip if waiters/waitresses take too long. Like 3... 2,75... 2,50.... 2,25... and I have gone all the way down to zero with that ;)

By the way, I have been stung by people in a group who didn't pay their fair share... Grrr. That's like walking out on your friends that is!
    Like a cloud dropping rain
    I'm discarding all thought
    I'll dry up, leaving puddles on the ground
    I'm like an opening band for the sun
  • Riot_Rain wrote:

By the way, I have been stung by people in a group who didn't pay their fair share... Grrr. That's like walking out on your friends that is!
    Yep, I think we all have. I've no problem if someone is clear and upfront in advance, I'd get anyones bill. BUT when they're sly about it or run out before the bill and do it often so you know they do it on purpose, well I've issues with that.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    :shifty: