Options

new Ultimate Xbox 360...

brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
edited January 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
well the announcement was never made at the CES.

but that's fine by me.

i was looking forward to Bill Gates confirming the rumor that Microsoft would license 360 technology to manufacturers so that any hardware device could include the ability to play Xbox games.

but even that doesn't have me down.

i'm looking forward to the plethora of games coming this year...with a lot of good ones before or by june.

btw, who is experiencing problems with Xbox Live? anyone here?

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    brainofPJ wrote:
    btw, who is experiencing problems with Xbox Live? anyone here?

Apparently Microsoft didn't anticipate it's largest XBox Live influx in December since it's first month. They have been having problems since Christmas. It's slowly been getting better (it was never THAT bad, as I was always able to get into games with out too much hassle).

Microsoft also released an official statement about this, which I cannot for the life of me find right now. But in the next few weeks they are going to offer 1 free XBox Live Arcade game because of the server issues. Not that the Arcade games are anything worth looking forward too (think PacMan), but I guess they didn't have to do anything at all.
    Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    With the recent abandonment of HDDVD by WB or whoever, it's conceivable that the 'ultimate 360', if it ever was in development, may be trashed altogether.
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    Apparently Microsoft didn't anticipate it's largest XBox Live influx in December since it's first month. They have been having problems since Christmas. It's slowly been getting better (it was never THAT bad, as I was always able to get into games with out too much hassle).

Microsoft also released an official statement about this, which I cannot for the life of me find right now. But in the next few weeks they are going to offer 1 free XBox Live Arcade game because of the server issues. Not that the Arcade games are anything worth looking forward too (think PacMan), but I guess they didn't have to do anything at all.

Xbox Live has now tallied more than 10 million subscribers and did so six months faster than Microsoft expected...

the official statement:

"Dear Xbox LIVE Members:

During this past holiday season you helped us break a number of Xbox LIVE records. This included our largest sign-up of new members to Xbox LIVE in our 5 year history and just yesterday you broke the record for the single biggest day of concurrent members ever on the service.

As a result of this massive increase in usage we know that some of you experienced intermittent Xbox LIVE issues over the holiday break. While the service was not completely offline at any given time, we are disappointed in our performance. I would like to take this moment to thank you each and every one of you for your patience and understanding as our team has worked around the clock to return the service to a stable state.

At the same time we would like to offer a token of our appreciation to all of you in celebration of record success for the service. And as a thank you for your loyalty during this holiday period, we will be offering all of our Xbox LIVE members around the world access to a full Xbox LIVE Arcade game that will be available to download free of charge. In the coming weeks we will be sharing the specific details of this offer with you."

a free Arcade game? oh boy.

like you said, they didn't really have to do anything but it would have been cool if they would have given out Microsoft points so gamers could choose the content they wanted.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks