B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    tomorrow night....MSG...RANGERS ..ISLANDERS ....MY B-DAY !!!! does it get better???
    well we beter win :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    RAG$ $UCK

tomorrow night....MSG...RANGERS ..ISLANDERS ....MY B-DAY !!!! does it get better???
    well we beter win :lol:
    that is very cool. wish my bday was during the hockey season.

happy bday
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

we need to win for my birthday dammit :mrgreen:

LET'S GOOOO
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Marc Staal takes another "next step" and is cleared for contact. Does battle drills today. Still no timetable.

AWESOME!!!!!!
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,794
    another shutout for the King
    I miss igotid88
    HELLOOOOOOO 1ST PLACE OVERALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HENRY W/ # 3 !!!!! AWESOME AS USUAL

IM TELLING YA..THIS HAGLIN IS NO JOKE

GREAT BDAY GIFT :mrgreen:
  • Since I'm still on the email list:

This is the latest the Rangers have been in first place of the Eastern Conference standings since the 1995-96 season, when New York held the top position through games played on Mar. 15, 1996 (game #68). *courtesy of the Elias Sports Bureau

- The Rangers have registered at least one point in 21 of their last 26 games (19-5-2), and have out-scored their opponent, 86-54, during the stretch. The Blueshirts are 7-2-0 in their last nine contests.

- The Rangers improved to 17-1-1 (.921 win%) in games when scoring first. Their .921 win% ranks second in the NHL, while their 17 wins are tied for first in the league.

- New York leads the NHL with an .846 win% when out-shooting their opponent (11-2-0).

- The Blueshirts were credited with 19 blocked shots in the contest, with 14 of 18 skaters recording at least one blocked shot, and now rank fifth in the league with 542 blocked shots on the season.

- The Rangers held the Islanders scoreless in three shorthanded situations (4:45), and have now held their opponent scoreless in seven of their last 10 games (28-32, 87.5% over the span) while tallying four shorthanded goals during the stretch. The Blueshirts improved to 14-3-2 when holding their opponent scoreless on the power play.

Player Notes:

- Henrik Lundqvist turned aside all 28 shots faced to post his third shutout of the season, 38th of his career, and improve to 15-7-4 overall with an 8-3-2 mark at home. He has now held opponents to two or fewer goals in 17 games this season, including six of the last seven, and is 13-4-1 with a 1.77 goals against average, .941 save percentage and two shutouts in his last 18 games.

- Carl Hagelin notched two goals, tied for the game-high with five shots on goal and posted a plus-two rating in 13:21 of ice time. He has notched three goals in the last four games, and ranks 10th among NHL rookies with six goals despite only appearing in 16 games this season.

- Michael Del Zotto tallied two assists to extend his point streak to three games (one goal, four assists over the span), and posted a plus-three rating in 21:25 of ice time to earn third star honors in the contest. He has tallied 15 points (two goals, 13 assists) in the last 15 games, and is currently tied for second in the NHL (first among defensemen) with a plus-25 rating on the season.

- Ryan Callahan recorded two assists, was credited with three hits and posted a plus-two rating. He has tallied 15 points (five goals, 10 assists) in the last 16 games, and is now tied for second on the team in scoring with 26 points.

- Marian Gaborik notched an empty net goal with 2:28 remaining in regulation to extend his goal scoring streak to five games, having registered seven goals, one assist and a plus-eight rating over the span. Gaborik currently leads all NHL skaters with 22 goals on the season.

- Anton Stralman tallied the lone assist on Gaborik's empty net goal, was credited with a team-high, six hits and posted a plus-three rating in 22:34 of ice time. Stralman has now recorded an assist in three consecutive games (four assists over the span), posted a plus-nine rating in the last four and has logged 20:00+ minutes of ice time in five of the last six contests.

Post-Game Quotes:

- John Tortorella on tonight's game…
    Hank made some really good saves tonight, but for some periods of the game we turned the puck over and didnt do our job getting the puck out, we defended hard too. We blocked a lot of shots and everyone is contributing there. I think we have done a pretty good job of not relying always on our goalie. I think our team is better and getting better that way, but it is certainly nice to have a guy like [Henrik Lundqvist] and Marty Biron.

- Henrik Lundqvist on tonights game…
    Whats good about this team, especially this year, is we expect a lot from each other in the room here. It doesnt matter if you won two in a row or four in a row. We come back with the same effort, and thats what we need if we want to be a top team. Thats where it starts. It was tough today coming back with two days off. I think the first half we were trying to get [ourselves] going and after that the speed clicked up a little bit and the intensity picked up,

- Michael Del Zotto on his play this season…
    Thats one thing I worked on in the offseason just being mentally ready and working on the mental side of the game. I know what I can do on the ice and what type of player I am. Its just a matter of believing in myself and making sure my confidence stays there every day.

- Carl Hagelin on his two goals…
    I think we played pretty good today. Maybe not the best first period but then in the second we created some chances, and in the third we had a good run. Were getting better each day. Both of those goals were just me kind of coasting towards the net while the other guys were doing a good job. I came in late and found the puck.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    DelZotto_1226.jpg
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    heave ho another 5 in a row
    caps tonight w/ a 24/7 chaser.....quite a night
    we have a time conflict tonight..game will be nowhere near over when 24/7 starts....unless its lopsided one way or the other
  • we have a time conflict tonight..game will be nowhere near over when 24/7 starts....unless its lopsided one way or the other

no DVR?
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    we have a time conflict tonight..game will be nowhere near over when 24/7 starts....unless its lopsided one way or the other

no DVR?

yea but i would like to watch 24/7 tonight at a reasonable hour before everyonr talks about it tomorrow,, can't wait till tomorrow to see it
  • we have a time conflict tonight..game will be nowhere near over when 24/7 starts....unless its lopsided one way or the other

no DVR?

yea but i would like to watch 24/7 tonight at a reasonable hour before everyonr talks about it tomorrow,, can't wait till tomorrow to see it

well you could avoid reading about it or going on the segments of the internet that is talking about it. That's what I've done and I've watched the first two episodes the next night.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024

well you could avoid reading about it or going on the segments of the internet that is talking about it. That's what I've done and I've watched the first two episodes the next night.

no shot will all the nyr fans in my office...
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    heave ho 6 in a row.

\_ -

LETS GO RANGERS
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    ughhh what a bad turn over....i hate VS
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,794

which i think will be nbc sports
    I miss igotid88
  • ughhh what a bad turn over....i hate VS

why? you don't like Doc Emerick?
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024

why? you don't like Doc Emerick?

the little fat guy on the benches..hate him

as good as Emerick is..he is anti-rangers
    getting dominated atm.... turnovers turovers turnovers tsk tsk
    can that little fatty wedged inside the benches root any harder for a non- goal?
    on a no -brainer no less

give me Sam and Joe any day

need to respond friday night b4 the outdoor game
    biron has been awesome..but why not start hank tonight coming off the shutout and wait till friday for biron?

probably wouldn't have mattered w/ this effort anyway :twisted:

gonna semi- ruin 24/7 ....which is starting now...peace
  • can that little fatty wedged inside the benches root any harder for a non- goal?
    on a no -brainer no less

I cannot stand Joe Micheletti...I miss JD
    can that little fatty wedged inside the benches root any harder for a non- goal?
    on a no -brainer no less

I cannot stand Joe Micheletti...I miss JD

well now you're really going back
    i didn't like joe at first neither..but he has grown on me
  • I have not liked him since the start. I remember for the last 2 months of last season he use to question Sam every night when they would talk about the lack of a 1st line center..he would say every game "do you know whose a fa center"..yes Brad Richards Joe, you say it every night. He brings nothing but the obvious color commentary...when I am sitting home and commenting on the game and he says the same thing a minute later, you know hes bad...just not as bad as Brian Mullen was on the radio....yet
    I have not liked him since the start. I remember for the last 2 months of last season he use to question Sam every night when they would talk about the lack of a 1st line center..he would say every game "do you know whose a fa center"..yes Brad Richards Joe, you say it every night. He brings nothing but the obvious color commentary...when I am sitting home and commenting on the game and he says the same thing a minute later, you know hes bad...just not as bad as Brian Mullen was on the radio....yet

last weeking he was ranting with the non-icing call against the islanders..very funny

"i don't know why sam..it should have been..about 10x over and over

:?

plus he came from the islanders broadcast ,so that was a negative off the bat
  • I think they are going to prime up Leetch to be Sam's partner , funny seeing him though doing commentary...he was one of the quietest leaders I have ever seen. And a big PJ fan...remember @ MSG 2008 he dedicated given to fly to #11 Brian Leetch..lol, Ed recovered nicely though after the song
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    hate joe, loved JD.

grew up listening to sam and JD. tough shoes to fill, but without a doubt joe is a clown. but listening to him and sam bicker back and forth is pretty funny.

definitely got used to him though. he isn't going anywhere for a while i am sure, so might as well...
    we got in the car at 4pm and who was on 660??????????

joey mich :lol::lol: swear to the lord

perfect timing!!