MyHandsBoundMyHandsBound Posts: 698
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
damien 666
satan satan satan satan:)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    This got me thinking, about Friday the 13th.. I learned a while back why the number 13 is so taboo. It's because when Christians visited the Mayans they destroyed Mayan artifacts because the Mayan calendar is based of the number thirteen and since it couldn't be explained by the bible (even though it makes more sense than our calendar) it became taboo.. sort of like when Christians killed people who believed the world was round..

so stupid.

13 is my new favorite number.
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    This got me thinking, about Friday the 13th.. I learned a while back why the number 13 is so taboo. It's because when Christians visited the Mayans they destroyed Mayan artifacts because the Mayan calendar is based of the number thirteen and since it couldn't be explained by the bible (even though it makes more sense than our calendar) it became taboo.. sort of like when Christians killed people who believed the world was round..

so stupid.

13 is my new favorite number.

I read different.
    I read that the number 13 became ominous after the knights Templar were attacked by the church and largely destroyed on 13th October, 1307....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knights_templar
    'On Friday October 13, 1307 (a date incorrectly linked with the origin of the Friday the 13th superstition),[22][23] Philip ordered de Molay and scores of other French Templars to be simultaneously arrested. The Templars were charged with numerous heresies and tortured to extract false confessions of blasphemy. The confessions, despite having been obtained under duress, caused a scandal in Paris. After more bullying from Philip, Pope Clement then issued the bull Pastoralis Praeeminentiae on November 22, 1307, which instructed all Christian monarchs in Europe to arrest all Templars and seize their assets.'
  • Options
    I read it derived from the anti ..... christ jesus and the 12 apostles
  • Options
    mammasanmammasan Posts: 5,656
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I read different.
    I read that the number 13 became ominous after the knights Templar were attacked by the church and largely destroyed on 13th October, 1307....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knights_templar
    'On Friday October 13, 1307 (a date incorrectly linked with the origin of the Friday the 13th superstition),[22][23] Philip ordered de Molay and scores of other French Templars to be simultaneously arrested. The Templars were charged with numerous heresies and tortured to extract false confessions of blasphemy. The confessions, despite having been obtained under duress, caused a scandal in Paris. After more bullying from Philip, Pope Clement then issued the bull Pastoralis Praeeminentiae on November 22, 1307, which instructed all Christian monarchs in Europe to arrest all Templars and seize their assets.'

That's the theory I heard as well. Funny thing the building I work in doesn't have a thirteenth floor. They have a 12th fl and then 12A. I thought it was pretty funny.
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul