Options

Jewelry

stateoflove79stateoflove79 Posts: 2,845
edited January 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
Sorry if this isn't a new topic...but just out of curiousity...what jewelry do you wear?

I used to wear a watch back in high school and college, but nothing since then...until I got married...I wear my wedding ring now...but that's it...other than that, I hate jewelry personally...

Your turn. :)

Edit: I used to also have my left ears pierced twice, but have since taken the earrings out.
Is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    a wedding band, and a watch. The Watch is only worn when I'm at work however.
    "It's all happening"
  • Options
    WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    thumb ring
    earrings (8)
    belly button

those are on all the time. I wear my watch to work and have a few different necklaces that I wear for work too.
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • Options
    When I'm at home, I wear a plain wedding band only. My little girl is drawn to jewelry and especially anything with stones in it, so I have to keep it away from her. If I'm going out and she's not with me, I wear a necklace or earrings or a bracelet. (Usually a bracelet and earrings, or a necklace by itself.) I haven't worn a watch since I had my daughter, but once I'm working more I'll wear one all the time. And I'll wear my wedding band and engagement ring all the time, too.
  • Options
    I wear 6 silver earrings in one ear and 1 in the other. two modest silver rings, my watch, and a silver bracelet I bought in ireland. I wear my watch to tell time though, not as a "jewelery" statement. Sometimes I wear beaded bracelets or necklaces as accessories. I love artistic jewelery, but I hate flashy jewelery. i would never wear plain gold jewelry or gem stones just for the sake of wearing them.
  • Options
    I love jewelry! Not the flashy, gaudy kind - beaded stuff, handmade things. Turquoise, anything blue really. But I like to have jewelry to jazz up my outfits. Makes me feel like I fit more in my suits and work clothes. Like it adds more personality to what I wear. So I don't look so stuffy.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. "
    Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

I saw Hard To Imagine LIVE at MSG!
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    only a watch, and only when i'm at work.
  • Options
    I love jewelry! Not the flashy, gaudy kind - beaded stuff, handmade things. Turquoise, anything blue really. But I like to have jewelry to jazz up my outfits. Makes me feel like I fit more in my suits and work clothes. Like it adds more personality to what I wear. So I don't look so stuffy.

I always wore some artistic beaded jewelery when I had to wear suits. I felt so boring in those clothes!
  • Options
    _Crazy_Mary__Crazy_Mary_ Posts: 1,299
    I only wear my wedding ring. I had my ears pierced when I was younger, but never wear earrings. The holes are still there. :(
    I really screwed that up. I really Schruted it.
  • Options
    Nine earrings total, small hoops.
    Navel stud
    Necklace with 3 charms
    Those never come off.

When I'm not at work I wear my wedding ring, maybe one or two other rings that are not big. Maybe a bracelet or more. Different necklaces that I've made with different gemstones. Right now I have the tanzanite vibes going on. Just finished making it! I have a silver spiral I wear in my hair on occasion.

When I'm Bellydancing I wear my wedding ring plus 5 big shiny rings. Lots of bangle bracelets, change out my first set of hoops for long dangly earrings. A couple of big necklaces, and lots of glitter!

I LOVE BLING!!!:D
    A real possibility I may meet you in my dreams ~ I go to sleep
  • Options
    I hate Jewelry too. I have a necklace with my engagement ring on it somewhere but I don't know where it is! :eek: :eek: :o
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    12th pos and no sing of a pearl necklace joke :confused:

*bites knuckles*

(gasp) must (gasp) refrain!!!!!

i do have a willy ring :o (this is true)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    12th pos and no sing of a pearl necklace joke :confused:

*bites knuckles*

(gasp) must (gasp) refrain!!!!!

i do have a willy ring :o (this is true)

Don't you have a cowbell as well?
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    7 piercings.

not sayin where.

and occasionally I wear homemade necklaces. :D
    (that can be taken as many ways as you like Dunkie)

I will wear fake stuff but no "real" jewelery. I do not like it, as it is usually intended to showcase your purchasing cost.
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • Options
    roarroar Posts: 1,116
    i wear my silver claddagh and two sets of earrings (diamond & peridot studs, usually) on a daily basis. i enjoy wearing some big dangly earrings from time to time.
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    and occasionally I wear homemade necklaces. :D
    (that can be taken as many ways as you like Dunkie)

i took it the only way i know how :)

are these the kind of necklaces that only last an hour or so but they contain the most 'love'
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,258
    Both of my ears have been triple pierced since I was 18, so 21 years. I had a nose ring, but only for 10 months. That was 5 years ago.

I LOVE to wear earrings, and necklaces. I have some nice rings, and bracelets that I don't wear as much. My jewelry is unique. Most pieces I bought at little boutiques in Seattle or near DC. Colorful. My favorite type of jewelry is venitian bead necklaces. I had two, and I broke both of them. They are classically beautiful. I have a vintage bakelite domino bracelet I wear to PJ concerts. I always get people commenting on that no matter where I am.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    earrings, necklace, ring
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Options
    corycory Posts: 736
    Has anyone mentioned a cock ring?
    Revive the heart of the heartless...

Why would you start was has no end?
  • Options
    libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    cory wrote:

ha..ha...I'm so surprised it went this far without a mention of that.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Options
    cory wrote:

I hadn;t even thought of that until after I started this thread...
    Is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,126
    I don't care for jewelry, I'll wear my heartrate monitor watch for work and the same redblackyellowgreen beaded necklace. I bought it in Ochie Rios, Jamaica on a trip with my daughter 4 years ago.

As for my girlfriend we went dancing last week and she had a necklace that's valued as much as my house 300k +. I was blinded by all the ice but not too much I had to keep a close eye on her in case of some fool trying a snatch and grab. I wasn't in the mood to beating some idiot to a pulp.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    I wear my engagement ring, a watch, and another ring on my right hand. That's the only "good" jewelry I own.
    I have a barbell through my left ear and a belly ring...I used to have a nose ring, but took that out a couple years ago. I usually wear one piece of handmade jewelry...usually a necklace. My friend brought back some handmade necklaces from Armenia, which are my favorites. I have a lot of amber pendants from Poland that I love as well...some chokers that another friend brought from India and a bunch of other really unique stuff that I've gotten as gifts or on various travels. I usually limit it to one piece or it's overkill.
    There's a light when my baby's in my arms :)
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    a nice watch.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    cory wrote:

I'm old school but what the hell is that?

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    g under p wrote:

Peace
    You don't want to know. :eek:
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    g under p wrote:

Peace

Gurgle...I mean, Google it;)

• Options
    LongRd. wrote:
    You don't want to know. :eek:

I can only fathom what it could be, it sounds like something very painful. :eek:

Peace

• Options
    g under p wrote:
    I can only fathom what it could be, it sounds like something very painful. :eek:

Peace

If you have to ask, that means you don't need one. I assume you are a dude right? I haven't checked your profile because people that do that are just nosy fuckers.

What it does see, is keep the meat from penetrating the female's spleen or other uncomfortable organs. It's for those hung like retarded people.

• Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    Sorry if this isn't a new topic...but just out of curiousity...what jewelry do you wear?

I used to wear a watch back in high school and college, but nothing since then...until I got married...I wear my wedding ring now...but that's it...other than that, I hate jewelry personally...

Your turn. :)

Edit: I used to also have my left ears pierced twice, but have since taken the earrings out.

i USED to rock some awesome jewelry but...im allergic so cant wear it anymore. :( the only thing i wear is my Master McCready pick from the NY irving plaza show and the special made TEN gauge in my left ear and the SIXXXTEEN gauge in my nose! see the reference there????? ;)
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    cory wrote:
    If you have to ask, that means you don't need one. I assume you are a dude right? I haven't checked your profile because people that do that are just nosy fuckers.

What it does see, is keep the meat from penetrating the female's spleen or other uncomfortable organs. It's for those hung like retarded people.

thats freakin FUNNY dude! HAS anyone mentioned a BOLT thru their package???!!! thats freakin hott.
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!