Options

anyone else not putting up any type od xmas tree?

NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
anyone ?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    anyone ?
    Me

My roommate is anti holiday. It's his house, so no tree for me. Plus the dog would just chew it to pieces anyways, she likes to chew on wood.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    To be honest, I'm a bit sick of Christmas and all the associated crap that goes with it.
    I really don't know if I can be bothered with decorations and trees this year. I'm not really in the mood for celebrating and it just seems so artificial.
    I'm sorry if that sounds a bit 'bah humbug' but it's the honest truth.
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    To be honest, I'm a bit sick of Christmas and all the associated crap that goes with it.
    I really don't know if I can be bothered with decorations and trees this year. I'm not really in the mood for celebrating and it just seems so artificial.

oh i dislike it also ,,but thats a whole nother story

wow so 3 so far
  • Options

double post
  • Options
    I'm not... I go home for almost 2 weeks over christmas and if I were to decorate the place I'd probably have to TELL my housemates to help :o which doesn't sound like fun. They would help and we'd have fun but I really can't be bothered :o it takes at least a whole day anyway which I just don't have this time of the year... and if nobody's gonna be there to enjoy it, the thought of a nicely decorated house at christmas time with nobody there kinda depresses me :(
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    oh i dislike it also ,,but thats a whole nother story

wow so 3 so far
    I don't usually dislike Christmas. But this year sucks,and I can't be bothered to pretend it doesn't. It seems hypocritical to 'deck the halls' when you can't be bothered to get out of bed.
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    I don't usually dislike Christmas. But this year sucks,and I can't be bothered to pretend it doesn't. It seems hypocritical to 'deck the halls' when you can't be bothered to get out of bed.

if i didnt have bills to pay i would be in bed also
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Not me, but I'm not staying at my place for Xmas.
  • Options
    I'm not... I go home for almost 2 weeks over christmas and if I were to decorate the place I'd probably have to TELL my housemates to help :o which doesn't sound like fun. They would help and we'd have fun but I really can't be bothered :o it takes at least a whole day anyway which I just don't have this time of the year... and if nobody's gonna be there to enjoy it, the thought of a nicely decorated house at christmas time with nobody there kinda depresses me :(

Agreed.. this time last year the wife and I were decorating our Christmas tree. This year, forget it..
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,359
    i'm not putting up a tree
  • Options
    its good to see alot of miserable people like myself :) lol
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    its good to see alot of miserable people like myself :) lol
    :) well I'm not miserable... just too damn busy to stop! But sorry to see some of you are gonna be having a shite one :(
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,763
    I'm not. I own one, but I've only put it up once. Seems kind of pointless to me.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    We've put ours up but I'm going to take it back down again because we left our decorations at the inlaws house and now the light on the fibre optic thing has gone. We're not home enough at Christmas to bother with it.

Here it is:

Tree001.jpg

I've said it before and I'll say it again. It's 'craptacular'! :D
  • Options
    we don't. Too much fuss and mess for just the 2 of us. No kids to please and excite. Plus, the 2 cats would just use it as a face scratcher and I know they would try to climb up it. We've never gotten one for that exact reason. They are good kitties, but quite adventurous.

The thought of dragging a tree through the house, decorating it, watering it, cleaning up pine needles, taking it down, disposing of it, ect. just gives me the toilet shivers.

Not that I'm anti-Christmas....just not so into the tree. I put up a few Christmas decorations. As a matter of fact, one of my friends comlimented me on my "minimalistic decorations" LOL!
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. "
    Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

I saw Hard To Imagine LIVE at MSG!
  • Options
    We've put ours up but I'm going to take it back down again because we left our decorations at the inlaws house and now the light on the fibre optic thing has gone. We're not home enough at Christmas to bother with it.

Here it is:

Tree001.jpg

LOL, at least you made the effort!
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. "
    Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

I saw Hard To Imagine LIVE at MSG!
  • Options
    LOL, at least you made the effort!

Yes. You can definitely see the effort I put in. ;)
  • Options
    Awww mckb :D It really IS craptacular! 2 out of 10 for effort :) (which is still 2 more than me so don't feel bad)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    :D Thanks harmless. HAHA. I have nice blinds... that's so funny. :)
  • Options

Here it is:

Tree001.jpg

I like the look of your house. You have nice blinds.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    nudge... sorry if I killed this. :o
  • Options
    nudge... sorry if I killed this. :o

ive come to accept that
  • Options
    I do not put one up either. Just me and the kitties here so its kinda pointless. And as someone else mentioned with kitties it can be a pain in the ass. Not feeling very festive this year anyway... :(
    PJ FANS ROCK!!!

Finally got that "One for the Thumb"!!! Got the "Six Pack". Now we're on a "Stairway to Seven"

Some words when spoken...can't be taken back.

"Seeing a brick wall straight ahead and stepping on the gas." Eddie...Pittsburgh 6/23/06
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    anyone ?

Still undecided. We have one of those little fake ones that light up (which is pretty much all you can fit in a Manhattan apartment) but we haven't pulled it out yet. Seeing how we're just over a week away, I'm guessing no.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    mookie9999 wrote:
    Still undecided. We have one of those little fake ones that light up (which is pretty much all you can fit in a Manhattan apartment) but we haven't pulled it out yet. Seeing how we're just over a week away, I'm guessing no.

yea its pretty much too late now imo
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    yea its pretty much too late now imo

There's always next year, right?!? I guess I could always last minute go by Jubilee and drop two bills for one of their shit branches!
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    mookie9999 wrote:
    There's always next year, right?!? I guess I could always last minute go by Jubilee and drop two bills for one of their shit branches!

yea of course,, but why waster the cash now?

if anything put up the charlie brown fake sucka
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Well I had to put one up at the fitness center because people expect it, but I put it up while playing NIN out the sound system (no one else was there) which helped.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    I put a tree up and I won't even be here to appreciate it. My cats have been enjoying pulling all the ornaments off and running away with them though :p
    There's a light when my baby's in my arms :)
  • Options
    we're skipping the tree at my apartment because we'll be away for a week and it will just get all crispy and the cats will disesemble it anyways. My mom will have a tree. Good enough.