I will swallow poison
  • Options
    uhhhhh ...... present tense

and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Chime wrote:

It's not gonna be a love song at all is it :p
    That would be too wimpish for Al.. It's gonna be a ROCKIN' one!!!! But which one, I don't know. I guess I'm not gonna win the prize
  • Options
    My guess is Man of the Hour
  • Options
    Bloody hell Al that came round quick!

Best of luck, hope all goes well on the big day, wishing you the best weather you could possibly get in sunny Drogheda ;)
  • Options
    Around the bend?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Thank you all so much for your lovely thoughts....I'm still not nervous yet....don't plan on being either :D
    edwf2000 wrote:
    oh, and congratulations, may your first child be a masculine child

.....too late, my first child is feminine ;)

I'll give 2 hints (and sorry to those who already voted for them!!) but 2 of my least favourite PJ songs are.....Parachutes and Comeback :eek:

I am liking the way some of you are thinking....and Blackie...keep praying for that sunny drogheda weather :D
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Congrats Al :D

I am going to say U, that would be pretty cool.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • Options
    pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    You are oh and congrats
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    other side.

congrats ;)
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Wash
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    Me and my wife got married last August and my mum put together a DVD slide show of all the photos to the tune of Man Of The Hour - the Benaroya version of course...

We know it's not particularly a romantic song, but it's a poignant and beautiful one, so ticked the box for us.

My other half wanted Betterman.

The cheek...
    Decipher the illusion, know the facts but retain the magic.
  • Options
    ChazzChazz Somerset, UK Posts: 1,089
    Congratulations :)

I'm going with Smile
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    SBE, Manchester, London 09
    Dublin, Belfast, London 10
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    Amsterdam, Milton Keynes 14
    London 18
    London 22
  • Options
    StereotypeStereotype Maribor, Slovenia Posts: 885
    You
    The worst enemies of music? Money and Mathematics. Combined with music, they both do the exact opposite of what they're supposed to do. Money makes music cheap, mathematics makes it stupid and predictable.

____

Zagreb 2006/ Munich 2007/ Venice 2007/ Berlin 2009 / Venice 2010 / 2 x Berlin 2012 / Stockholm 2012 / Milan 2014 / Trieste 2014 / Vienna 2014 / Florence (EV) 2019 / Padova 2018 / Prague 2018 / Imola 2022 / Budapest 2022 / Vienna 2022 / Prague 2022 

• Options
    EJE201EJE201 Mason, MI Posts: 319
    I'll take "I am mine" if its not already taken

Congrats!
    Let's say knowledge is a tree,
    It's growing up just like me
  • Options
    gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    I'll go with Smile because a friend of mine played that at this wedding. Congratulations on the wedding, and good luck. Your penis won't probably be talking to you for quite some time, but he'll get over it. ;)
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    gabers wrote:
    I'll go with Smile because a friend of mine played that at this wedding. Congratulations on the wedding, and good luck. Your penis won't probably be talking to you for quite some time, but he'll get over it. ;)

Sweet :D
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    McJuicyMcJuicy Posts: 747
    considering you don't like those two songs, it's probably not release, but that's my guess anyhow
    release
    congratulations!
    buf dtw buf sce yyz tol grr yhm yyz pit yyz yyz pit bna cae aus lax lax san phl phl cle buf mke mke atl pit buf clt san lax lax gsp cae bna sea sea
  • Options
    URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,625
    Thumbing my way.

Have a blissful marriage!
  • Options
    Congrats Al!! :D:D:D

I'm guessing Parachutes for a first dance but it's already been said.... just wanted to say congrats really! :D
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    scpjfanscpjfan Posts: 131
    Irish Al wrote:
    Hey, as some of you may know I'm getting married next week. We have 1 PJ song pencilled in and I've decided to offer a prize to the first person who gets it right....might be a bit of fun :D Haven't decided what the prize will be but it will be something PJ related.

You get one guess, so choose wisely and I will contact the winning person after the wedding. The closing date is Wed 26 6pm GMT (as we're getting married on Thurs).

Its just a bit of fun and who can turn down the chance to add something to your PJ collection :D

Congrats on getting married!!!

I quoted 'Hail, Hail' in my wedding speech, and our first dance was to Yellow Ledbetter.

So....I'll go with Yellow Ledbetter.
    Hail, hail the lucky ones, I refer to those in love.
  • Options
    Lukin!!!!
  • Options
    pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Shillington, PA/Tuckerton, NJ Posts: 3,428
    Congrats on your upcoming wedding!! Thursday is a good day to get married--I got married on a Thursday and am nearing my 5th anniversary :-)
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • Options
    I'm gonna guess Untitled, as it was what we used for our first dance. Didn't read all the posts, so I'm not sure if anyone guessed that yet. I'm sure after reading all the poasts in this thread, you probably want to add a few more songs to the playlist
  • Options
    I am going to go with "Picture in a Frame"

I too am getting married next week 3-1-08. and my wedding is pretty Pearl Jam heavy. I know our first dance is Picture in a Frame from the Brisbane show. Parachutes and Black are being played at the wedding, we have a little picture show thing at the reheresal dinner my picture are backed by eddie's guaranteed from into the wild (i think it is better than the video they made), pretty cool. Also have the end lyrics to Parachutes printed in the wedding hand out thing. But the most annoying thing i have is about 45 minutes of pearl jam strings being played during the cocktail hour, while i am gettting our pictures taken...
  • Options
    Carlos DCarlos D Posts: 638
    congrats!

Is it....Black,Last Kiss or Wishlist?
    It may be the devil or it may be the Lord
    But you're gonna have to serve somebody.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    Irish Al wrote:
    Hey, as some of you may know I'm getting married next week. We have 1 PJ song pencilled in and I've decided to offer a prize to the first person who gets it right....might be a bit of fun :D Haven't decided what the prize will be but it will be something PJ related.

You get one guess, so choose wisely and I will contact the winning person after the wedding. The closing date is Wed 26 6pm GMT (as we're getting married on Thurs).

Its just a bit of fun and who can turn down the chance to add something to your PJ collection :D

Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials!

May you two be forever happy with each other!

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,919
    Congrats to both of you as well on your respective upcoming nuptials.

Cheers!
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    congrats....I got ID
  • Options
    rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,956
    Lukin?
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.