Options

PJ and Lost video

wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
edited December 2007 in The Porch
Rujam posted this in the art thread and it didn't get viewed much. I thought it was really good so thought I'd post it here. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1V8EEuvfeKw

Here's the original posting.

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=256718
"I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    I'm halfway through and loving it...though I had to stop and ask...

There's a scene when Danielle shoots Ben with a crossbow...when did that happen!?
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • Options
    audiodave wrote:

There's a scene when Danielle shoots Ben with a crossbow...when did that happen!?
    I'm not sure, all I know is that I was amazed how he/she put the scenes to the music. Some of them were hilarious. I really enjoyed it and when I noticed she only had 1 post and had it in the art thread I knew it wouldn't be enjoyed by enough people. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    audiodave wrote:

That's on the 2nd season, when he first appears as Henry Gale (he's captured by Danielle)

Great video by the way!
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • Options
    RujamRujam Posts: 31
    Thank's so much!!

I have always loved Video Sync. And this was my first real venture into video editing.

Pearl Jam and Eddie Vedder speak to me through thier music. I love Shock value too! The slap is one of my favorite parts:)

I thank you very much for putting this Thread up.

And last but not least- I swear,near the end of the Video when Sawyer ( the brownish blond haired dude ) and Jin ( Korean ) come running to the Van....Well that's Rock & Roll PERIOD!
  • Options
    Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    Fuck that was shaweet
    thanks
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • Options
    mfc22mfc22 Posts: 106
    that dude sorta looked like ed
    ...if she's gone i can't go on feelin' 2 foot small...
  • Options
    I've thought the same thing! His name is Henry Ian Cusick. And He is a Killer actor.

Glad you all like the Vid!!
  • Options
    arrghh....

WHY are they making us wait so long for new episodes!??

great vid btw...
  • Options
    Hey, I'm glad this was resurrected. I loved it! Give it a chance if you love PJ and Lost! It's a very fun ride. :)
  • Options
    wolfbear wrote:
    Rujam posted this in the art thread and it didn't get viewed much. I thought it was really good so thought I'd post it here. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1V8EEuvfeKw

Here's the original posting.

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=256718

that was fun to watch, thanks :)
  • Options
    that was fun to watch, thanks :)
    Yeah, if you like Lost and PJ it is fun! I loved it. :) But, you do need to give it a chance!
  • Options
    Yeah, The whole thing is giving it a chance! I mean, Your watching clips of a Show that you may have never seen exept on a commercial. If you are a Fan of Lost, That makes it even better!

The whole thing is when he yell's " Yeah " in Severed Hand, I wanted something to happen every time.

When he talks of something falling down, I wanted something to fall.

And on the second set, " Big Wave " Most Vidders like to put it to surfing. What bigger Wave to ride than Hawling Ass down a mountain trying to Jumpstart an old rusty Van, Or SLAM into a pile of Rocks?

They seem to bounce to the beat.

Like Wolfbear says
    Give it a chance!!!!!
  • Options
    And yes, Sync Pearl Jam with your favorite Video....You got a winner.
  • Options
    That was too funny...

"Tried to walk, found a severed hand" and Vincent runs up carrying a severed hand!

"Look out below I am falling now" right as the wing breaks off the fuselage and almost crushes Claire & Hurley.

"Being so kind to let me ride" and they all pile into the van!!

Just brilliant.
    motel money murder madness
  • Options
    The beginning is great, with the build up ending right as Desmond starts running
    '06- Irving Plaza (What a way to see my first PJ concert), Albany, Hartford, Camden I & II, East Rutherford I & II, Pittsburgh

'07- THE VIC!!!, Lollapalooza (Chicago)

'08- Virginia Beach, Camden I & II, Washington D.C., MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield I & II,
    EV NY I & II, Newark, DC I & II
  • Options
    Curly Joe wrote:
    That was too funny...

"Tried to walk, found a severed hand" and Vincent runs up carrying a severed hand!

"Look out below I am falling now" right as the wing breaks off the fuselage and almost crushes Claire & Hurley.

"Being so kind to let me ride" and they all pile into the van!!

Just brilliant.
    Yep, the videos paired with the words are so perfect. Rujam, how long did it take you to make? I would have no idea how to do something like that but would imagine it is quite time consuming. :)
  • Options
    Thank's for the accolades! 2 weeks for thought, 5 hours to learn Adobe Premiere Elements and Spit out the Vid!
  • Options
    Rujam wrote:
    Thank's for the accolades! 2 weeks for thought, 5 hours to learn Adobe Premiere Elements and Spit out the Vid!

2 weeks & 5 hours to produce, but that shit will be funny forever.
    I'd say it was well worth it.

I just watched it again....

"Big man stands behind an open door" and there's Locke behind the door

"Said leave your lady..." and Michael steps in to stop Jin from manhandling Sun.

Priceless...
    Now just to prove what a nerd I am for both Lost & Pearl Jam, here are some suggestions if you ever decide to re-edit the video:

"oh please understand, I just need my friend, a way home" =Michael's raft
    "explore and not explode" show Arzt getting blown to bits with dynamite

I could go on and on...
  • Options
    Curly Joe wrote:
    2 weeks & 5 hours to produce, but that shit will be funny forever.
    I'd say it was well worth it.

I just watched it again....

"Big man stands behind an open door" and there's Locke behind the door

"Said leave your lady..." and Michael steps in to stop Jin from manhandling Sun.

Priceless...
    Now just to prove what a nerd I am for both Lost & Pearl Jam, here are some suggestions if you ever decide to re-edit the video:

"oh please understand, I just need my friend, a way home" =Michael's raft
    "explore and not explode" show Arzt getting blown to bits with dynamite

I could go on and on...
    Yea, I'd love to see another one! Hone those new skills - lol. :)
  • Options
    Next one? I don't know if I can. I am kinda scared. I mean what if i'm not as good, What if I fail.

Then again, I am sure it would either be Worldwide Suicide or Evolution Baby!
  • Options
    I cannot lie though. I will probably leave the Pearl Jam / Lost venture alone now. I would hate to mess up a good thing;)
  • Options
    At the first of the Vid it is also pretty neat how the drums seem to go with Desmond pounding his arms into the Ocean, And the drum symbols sync to when the other guys are running to the beach and when Desmond jumps into the water.
  • Options
    Rujam wrote:
    At the first of the Vid it is also pretty neat how the drums seem to go with Desmond pounding his arms into the Ocean, And the drum symbols sync to when the other guys are running to the beach and when Desmond jumps into the water.

Desmond kinda looks like Eddie too. Different facial features, obviously, but same hair & beard.
  • Options
    Yeah, I have always thought Eddie would be a great actor. Thing is I don't think he could put up with the behind the scenes drama for long.
  • Options
    I just watched a behind the scenes with PJ on thier latest album, Eddie said all the songs were based on water-or- the movement of the water.

That is too cool!!!!
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,010
    I love this band and show! I can't believe that we have to wait until next year for something new out of both! And we'd be lucky for something new out of PJ next year.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,010
    Curly Joe wrote:
    Desmond kinda looks like Eddie too. Different facial features, obviously, but same hair & beard.
    I've said this before too, to people who I watch Lost with, and everyone says that I'm crazy!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    yOUR NOT CRAZY!
  • Options
    thats easily the most idiotic show ever....
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    sgossard3 wrote:
    thats easily the most idiotic show ever....
    Strangest, maybe, but most idiotic? I don't think so. By far the best tv show in years imo. :)