Options

How can I get my new girlfriend syched for the Florida shows

2»

Comments

• Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    So I'm 32 and my new girlfriend is 24 (giggity) and she didn't grow up on PJ like I did but rather casually knows some hits. I've got to say I love her taste in music as she's introduced me to Kings of Leon, My Morning Jacket, Band of Horses, Rogue Wave, Shins, etc.....stuff I never listened to before. Since she loves KOL I thought the Florida shows would be great because they're opening.

She definitely is a music appreciater and I want to give her a good taste of PJ before I travel w/ her down to Florida for WPB and Tampa shows. Anyways, trying to figure out a mix-tape type of approach. What do you think are some essential songs for the non-casual fan.

Right now I'm thinking just showing her Single Video Theory might be a good start and listening to No Code.

well Quagmire, im not really sure how and if you can get your girl psyched for the show.

i would have considered my wife (my girlfriend at the time) a music aficionado despite the fact that her favorite band was and is Coldplay...not that there's anything wrong with that...

not once, when i knew she was the second occupant of the other PJ ticket i had did i think of psyching/pumping up/etc her up...

if she likey, she likey...

if she kindey likey, o...k...

if she didn't, she wouldn't be with me today.

the show will sell itself.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    I forgot to add in my earlier post that my girlfriend thinks Eddie is a sexy beast so that helped her get into them!

Hope that helps! ;)
    10/31/2000 (****)
    6/7/2003 (***1/2)
    7/9/2006 (****1/2)
    7/13/2006 (**** )
    4/10/2008 EV Solo (****1/2)
    6/25/2008 MSG II (*****)
    10/1/2009 LA II (****)
    10/6/2009 LA III (***** Cornell!!!)
  • Options
    KeiranKeiran Posts: 393
    kh65 wrote:
    Fuck her to every song in the PJ catalog :)

Ewwww icky!!! I really don't want to be dinked to "Daughter" :p

I agree with Blondeblue227 - Yield and most definitely the hot Eddie picture thread!!!!!!! :)
    I wish a guy like Eddie, would like me.
  • Options
    macgyver06macgyver06 Posts: 2,500
    So I'm 32 and my new girlfriend is 24 (giggity) and she didn't grow up on PJ like I did but rather casually knows some hits. I've got to say I love her taste in music as she's introduced me to Kings of Leon, My Morning Jacket, Band of Horses, Rogue Wave, Shins, etc.....stuff I never listened to before. Since she loves KOL I thought the Florida shows would be great because they're opening.

She definitely is a music appreciater and I want to give her a good taste of PJ before I travel w/ her down to Florida for WPB and Tampa shows. Anyways, trying to figure out a mix-tape type of approach. What do you think are some essential songs for the non-casual fan.

Right now I'm thinking just showing her Single Video Theory might be a good start and listening to No Code.

so weird im going through the same thing... except backwards... im 25 , shes 30... and we are going to the tampa and west palm shows :)
  • Options
    If you wanted to really impress the pants off her; buy her an iPod and engrave it with a sweet message (you can do that when you order them online!). Then, fill it up with all sorts of Pearl Jam.

My fiance got me one engraved with "Don't it make you smile", then the date of the PJ show we met at.

Let the "awww"ing commence...

Three crooked hearts, swirls all around

You can't spell Gossard without G-O-D
  • Options
    also 1) I know a LOT of 24 year olds who grew up on pj
    Hey, thats me!
    Small my table, seats just 3, its not crowded, its just lucky me
  • Options
    24 year old jammer here too. I started young though; No Code made 6th grade bareable for me.

Three crooked hearts, swirls all around

You can't spell Gossard without G-O-D
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    Good feedback..never thought of Touring Band 2000. I really want to have her listen to Present Tense but don't know if I should have her listen to original version or the speedy live version they do now. Then again, Beats/Minute of album version of any song * 1.5 = Live version of any song

Dude, this thread is freaking me out! I am in almost the exact position. My new g/f loves KOL, Tool, and a few other bands that would make me think she'll dig PJ, so I decided to take her to both FL shows. And strangely enough, we had a few drinks a few weeks ago, and I put on Present Tense for her as my first attempt. I was thinking about putting on the new DVd tonight, or just tie her to a chair and put Yield on.

Godd luck to you! we're both gonna need it.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    jamminmomjamminmom Posts: 30
    I have to agree to show her the "hot pix" thread. And expose her to all their music. She will either love him...I mean them...or not.
  • Options
    goldenegggoldenegg Posts: 367
    If you wanted to really impress the pants off her; buy her an iPod and engrave it with a sweet message (you can do that when you order them online!). Then, fill it up with all sorts of Pearl Jam.

My fiance got me one engraved with "Don't it make you smile", then the date of the PJ show we met at.

Let the "awww"ing commence...

I was about to do that for my ex this past valentines day, but we broke up a few weeks before. That wasn't the quote I was going to use, but I like yours better :)
  • Options
    well if she doesn't like them in wpb then just bring me to the tampa show..?

just get her to listen to some of the live shows....a nice variety
    Montreal '98, '00 & '05
    Toronto '98
    Albany '00
    Las Vegas '03
    Tampa '08
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    BeerBaron wrote:
    What it really takes it seeing her first show live.

That's pretty much what I'd say. Just go to the show and let the band work the magic. If she doesn't get it after that, well....
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008