Ticket Sale Suggestion

marker2727marker2727 Posts: 91
edited February 2008 in The Porch
my email to the ten club . . . ticket buying can be extremely frustrating.

Dear Ten Club –

I was able to successfully purchase 2 tickets to one of Eddie’s shows (San Diego). I completed the purchase at about 11:10, after starting my attempts at 10:00. I appreciate having the opportunity to purchase tickets to shows through the fan club – thank you! I wanted to take the opportunity, however, to let you know the purchasing process was extremely frustrating.

It seems like the system cannot handle the large volume of fan club members trying to access tickets, and I’m wondering if this is a result of fan club members trying to access the website on multiple computers at the same time. In the past, I have heard numerous fan club members indicate that they simultaneously use multiple computers to attempt to purchase tickets. It sounds like it is possible for one fan club member to be logged into their specific account on several different computers at the same time. I had a fan club member share that he worked in an IT department and used 10 computers, each logged in using his fan club number (manned by friends and family) to increase his chance of purchasing a ticket. Is this possible? It sounds like quite a few fan club members do this to increase their ticket buying chances. It seems like this type of activity would increase volume and slow the system down for everyone.

With my 2/18/08 purchase, I initially could not even get to the goods section (service temporarily unavailable). When I did I could not log in (service temporarily unavailable). On several occasions I was logged in and had the tickets I wanted to purchase (Vancouver) in my “cart” and check out failed in the middle of the process (service temporarily unavailable). I spent over an hour eagerly trying to purchase Vancouver tickets, but unable to complete a transaction.

Again, I appreciate the opportunity to buy fan club tickets and recognize the challenges with any system. I wonder if there would be a way fan club members could indicate which shows they would like to attend and the Ten Club could randomly select the fan club members who could purchase tickets to that particular show. Just a suggestion for what might be a smoother, less frustrating process.
can't escape from the common rule
if you hate something, don't you do it too...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    I've got a suggestion too...

Sell tickets for a Seattle show. :(
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,547
    Thoughtful and detailed letter. I hope you get a response that is every bit as courteous and detailed.

Of course, I also hope they get this issue resolved before it has negative results when I attempt to purchase. But I'm not holding my breath.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,345
    aNiMaL wrote:

I second that all venues still open on April 1st maybe tha tis the joke vancouver is the second show of the tour man i hope so and u all are all broke
  • aNiMaL wrote:

I like that idea :-) If pj schedule some shows this year it would be nice to have a smoother system for ticket sales. I remember when we ordered fan club tickets by mail. That system seems a lot better than what we had today. They could use an on-line order form, collect all the requests, and randomly select the buyers for the amount of tickets available.

I hope the ten club folks hear and appreciate the frustration people are expressing.
  • Doesn't the frustration make it so much better when you actually get that confirmation email though?

I DID notice this time that if you were to open another browser, it actually said that you cannot enter this page with 2 browsers...close 1, and I gained access.

It took me nearly an hour to get tix too, but what do you expect? The same thing happens on ticketmaster when the demand is high, and I guarantee they allow many more open connections to their server at once.

The fact that 10c gives us a chance at all is f*cking amazing, and I'm sure when you sit down in your seats, you won't care about the hour you spent frustrated.

you should end your letter after the first sentence...follow it with a "thank you".

enjoy the show.

**edit: after reading how many people had the same issue, perhaps some sort of change is in order...but randomly selecting would be bad...maybe something more along the lines of staggering who can purchase by 10 minutes or so depending on 10c #...so, 10c#'s 1-10000 can buy at 10AM, 10001-15000 at 10:10 or 10:15, etc...
    "I had a false belief, I thought I came here to stay...We're all just visiting...All just breaking like waves."
    10/19,20/96 11/15/97 7/16/98 10/30,31/99
    10/30,31/00 10/20,21/01 6/1/03 10/25,26/03
    7/13,15,16,18/06 4/5,7,8/08, 8/28/09, *7/9,11,12/11*
    www.fearedandloathed.com
  • rhinomagic wrote:
    Thoughtful and detailed letter. I hope you get a response that is every bit as courteous and detailed.

Of course, I also hope they get this issue resolved before it has negative results when I attempt to purchase. But I'm not holding my breath.

thanks . . . it seems like there are a lot of folks expressing frustration. i hope they (ten club) listen and take some action.

if a different system had higher processing costs i would be willing to pay more per ticket to avoid the aggravation of today. an extra $10 per ticket would seems like a small price to pay. i think they should charge an annual membership fee plus an extra fee to process member ticket orders. the special handling that comes with fan club ticket sales has to be expensive. fan club tickets should probably be more expensive than regular tickets.
  • vedhead10 wrote:
    Doesn't the frustration make it so much better when you actually get that confirmation email though?

I DID notice this time that if you were to open another browser, it actually said that you cannot enter this page with 2 browsers...close 1, and I gained access.

It took me nearly an hour to get tix too, but what do you expect? The same thing happens on ticketmaster when the demand is high, and I guarantee they allow many more open connections to their server at once.

The fact that 10c gives us a chance at all is f*cking amazing, and I'm sure when you sit down in your seats, you won't care about the hour you spent frustrated.

you should end your letter after the first sentence...follow it with a "thank you".

enjoy the show.

**edit: after reading how many people had the same issue, perhaps some sort of change is in order...but randomly selecting would be bad...maybe something more along the lines of staggering who can purchase by 10 minutes or so depending on 10c #...so, 10c#'s 1-10000 can buy at 10AM, 10001-15000 at 10:10 or 10:15, etc...

I’m not actually sure I will be able to get to San Diego on the 15th. I was really trying to go to Vancouver.

I did not try 2 or more browsers, but know a lot of folks are using multiple computers.