Options

Brother

Fatal SmileFatal Smile Posts: 111
edited October 2008 in The Porch
Just was listening to this great tune and this would fit in one of there concerts either as an opener (Maybe Ed doesn't even come out till the end of the song) or a good one to play right after one of the encores.

Do you all agree?

Mike would certainly captivate us all by playing that one.
CARPE DIEM!!

"Oh, if I knew where it was I would take you there but there's much more than this. Woh see the world."

"I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine"

"No need to be void, or save up on life. You got to spend it all"

Minneapolis 1998, St. Paul 2003, Alpine Valley 2003, Thunder Bay 2005, St. Paul 2006 I, St. Paul 2006 II, The Gorge I 2006, Hartford 2008, Mansfield I 2008, Mansfield II 2008, Chicago I 2009, EV Solo Minneapolis 2011, PJ 20 Alpine Valley I 2011, PJ 20 Alpine Valley II 2011, Wrigley 2013, Moline 2014, St. Paul 2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    NewDamageNewDamage Posts: 1,913
    Only if its the one with the vocals. I think it would work as a good first encore.
    I am lost, I'm no guide. But I'm by your side...

8/25/92, 10/4/96, 10/5/96, 9/1/98, 9/4/98, 8/4/00, 8/6/00, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 10/6/04, 6/16/08
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    NewDamage wrote:
    Only if its the one with the vocals. I think it would work as a good first encore.

ya

or after leash or something.
  • Options
    itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    if mike was to pull out anything of that nature, i would prefer November Hotel :eek:
    will it happen? not ferkin' likely :(
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • Options
    i love brother, its a shame its only been played once
    E. Rutherford 6/03/06
    Camden 6/19/08
    Newark 5/18/10
    MSG 5/20/10
    MSG 5/21/10
    Brian (Staten Island): Does Boom even speak to you guys?

SportsNation Jeff Ament: (6:42 PM ET ) we can only speak to Boom when spoken to...
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    Speaking of the short Mad Season catalog, besides River of Deciet, I would love a PJ cover of either Lifeless Dead or I Don't Know Anything. Those are probably the best songs on that album.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    I doubt they'll play Brother. Stone doesn't like his riff, and Ed doesn't like his lyrics.
    Can't escape from the common rule...
    If you hate something, don't you do it too
  • Options
    NewDamageNewDamage Posts: 1,913
    I doubt they'll play Brother. Stone doesn't like his riff, and Ed doesn't like his lyrics.
    Yeah, that sucks too. I think its a damn fine song, and they consider it a throwaway. Just a testament to how damn good this band is.
    I am lost, I'm no guide. But I'm by your side...

8/25/92, 10/4/96, 10/5/96, 9/1/98, 9/4/98, 8/4/00, 8/6/00, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 10/6/04, 6/16/08
  • Options
    I would love hearing brother anytime, and it would be even cooler if Mike did a 20 minute guitar solo at the end of it. :D
    Nathan
  • Options
    Me too. Obviously I would love the complete original version. I am not too crazy about the instrumental, although if I knew that was the only way they would play it. I think it would be cool if Mike just ripped into it to close out Yellow Ledbetter. I'd prefer if they put YL on hiatus or maybe play YL during different parts of a set. Just to change things up. Wishful thinking.

Im probably just a spoiled brat because Ive been to so many shows. I love the band, they owe me nothing. If anything, I owe them for being such a great and positive force in my life. I love Pearl Jam!!!!!!!!!!! My love for them is still fucking growing after 16 plus amazing years of devotion. Sorry guys, I have a buzz. "Out of my mind ...out of my mind...
    All of the time...
    Wish you could help me mister...
    Wish you could lift me up... LOL

I'm getting all nostalgic and excited. Im just rambling. "Fuck me in the brain!!!"

"Aah, fuck it, I'm just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin' TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right..."

I don't understand...but I like where you're coming from.
  • Options
    suns rivalsuns rival Posts: 15,926
    Speaking of the short Mad Season catalog, besides River of Deciet, I would love a PJ cover of either Lifeless Dead or I Don't Know Anything. Those are probably the best songs on that album.

agree. but don't forget wake up.
    scratching my butt...
    kinakamot ang aking puwit...
    me rascando pompis...
    krap mijn reet...
    boku no ketsuoana o kizu...
    bahrosh teezy...
  • Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    that's just crazy talk :D
    they should get over it and play Brother proper (with lyrics and the whole thing)

It's the truth. Read here: http://web.archive.org/web/20050317103055/www.billboard.com/bb/specialreport/pearl_jam/pg2.jsp
    Can't escape from the common rule...
    If you hate something, don't you do it too