Options

New Air Travel Guidelines

boxwine_in_hellboxwine_in_hell Posts: 1,263
edited August 2006 in A Moving Train
Has anyone seen the new guidelines for flying? They are telling us to be at the airport 3 hours before your flight? Are they fucking kidding? Why not just get there the day before your flight. Brutal. Suddenly a road trip sounds a lot more appealing.
one foot in the door
the other foot in the gutter
sweet smell that they adore
I think I'd rather smother
-The Replacements-
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    MCGMCG Posts: 780
    Don't blame the airports and don't blame the airlines my friend (I know you didn't, I'm just saying), blame the Government. Gov't entities have changed security and screening procedures overnight and any airports not abidding by them face rediculous fines. Airports do the very best they can with the rules the gov't gives them to work with.
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • Options
    MCG wrote:
    Don't blame the airports and don't blame the airlines my friend (I know you didn't, I'm just saying), blame the Government. Gov't entities have changed security and screening procedures overnight and any airports not abidding by them face rediculous fines. Airports do the very best they can with the rules the gov't gives them to work with.

Is it really going to take that much longer to throw people's liquids in the garbage?
    one foot in the door
    -The Replacements-
  • Options
    Is it really going to take that much longer to throw people's liquids in the garbage?

Of course not, but in light of the recent attempted attacks screening has to take extra precaution for the next little while, taking chances is not a luxury any airport can afford right now. The same thing happened after 9/11, I can assure you it's only temporary until the media latches onto a new story of terror.
    Which came first,
  • Options
    1970RR1970RR Posts: 281
    Why are they just now implementing these new procedures regarding liquids when there was a similar plot over 10 years ago???
  • Options
    1970RR wrote:
    Why are they just now implementing these new procedures regarding liquids when there was a similar plot over 10 years ago???

An excellent question
    Which came first,
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    A solution...
    Don't bring the entire contents of your closet and dresser drawers with you on vacation.
    Chances are, your destination will have stores that sell stuff and your hotel room will have shampoo and soap.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    At the rate things are going and with all these pissed off Muslim fundamentalists, let's just ban any carry on luggage....small price to pay in my estimation for not having your plane blow up.
    one foot in the door
    -The Replacements-
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    At the rate things are going and with all these pissed off Muslim fundamentalists, let's just ban any carry on luggage....small price to pay in my estimation for not having your plane blow up.
    Plus, it'll save time boarding and disembarking the plane since we won't have those fuckers trying to wedge that 300 pound wheeled cast into and out of the overhead compartments.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    Plus, it'll save time boarding and disembarking the plane since we won't have those fuckers trying to wedge that 300 pound wheeled cast into and out of the overhead compartments.

Exactly this is sounding better by the minute.....and it will force the fucking airlines to give us some damn food and entertainment options.
    one foot in the door
    -The Replacements-
  • Options
    Exactly this is sounding better by the minute.....and it will force the fucking airlines to give us some damn food and entertainment options.

Yeah so they can gouge us even more....
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    Dumb, a couple flying from Canada to England is being told to arrive 9 hours early.

Doesn't the government know that a bomb can be made from Urine? They should it's in their military handbooks.

Urea can be extracted from Blood, Bile or Urine. It can be used to make explosives. So, maybe they should ban washrooms on airplanes.

Don't they realize that if someone is intent on blowing up a plane they will, regardless of what precautions they take?
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    Has anyone seen the new guidelines for flying? Are they fucking kidding? Why not just get there the day before your flight.

LMAO: :D funny stuff
  • Options
    dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    1970RR wrote:

blowing up 10 or 11 planes at once was a similar plot over 10 years ago, not the mixing liquid explosives.....

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    HAHAHAH :D

I can say this honestly for the first time:

I agree with Binaural
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    I can say this honestly for the first time:

I agree with Binaural

Do I sense a hallmark moment :D and who says cease fires don't work.
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    you want a security risk.
    put me on a plane with absolutely nothing and no way to entertain myself but my own singing talent. i will go totally nuts.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    i just returned from vacation and being cutoff from news...and this sucks. i haven't really read thru it all, but my mother gave me the paper with all of it to peruse knowing i am traveling to italy for pj in a month. bleh. last time i was on a plane, i had tweezers in my carry-on bag...i had to relinquish em. never even thought about it at the time that i packed em. now i have to worry about shampoo? sheesh.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    whitepantswhitepants Posts: 723
    You can still take liquids, you just have to place them in your checked luggage. I can deal with that, especially on direct non-stop flights.

These times are different for flying, and if you want to fly, you have to go with the fucking flow. I'd rather arrive a little late, than not arrive at all due to the plane blowing up.

Get my drift?
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • Options
    what i can't figure out, is why you can't buy a water in the airport once you are past security, and bring it on the plane? If you bought it at the aiport gift shop, and it's still sealed, what is the problem? stupid... I'm going to fly 3 hours with that little 3 oz cup of water that they give me... nice.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    what i can't figure out, is why you can't buy a water in the airport once you are past security, and bring it on the plane? If you bought it at the aiport gift shop, and it's still sealed, what is the problem? stupid... I'm going to fly 3 hours with that little 3 oz cup of water that they give me... nice.

that is true. And they always want you in your seat and never walking around, so inactive and dehydrated - a recipe for some people to get blood clots. Amtrak is looking better and better.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008