Options

Have we seen this yet? America's finest...

InsaneSoupInsaneSoup Posts: 37
edited July 2006 in A Moving Train
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/9544461/detail.html

I couldn't get a link directly to the video, but it's priceless...
4/16/92...8/20/92...6/19/05...6/20/05...9/24/96...10/5/96...6/14/98...9/18/98...9/19/98...9/4/00...5/3/03...7/1/03...7/12/03...5/30/06...cuz everyone seems to be doin' it....please don't jump off any bridges.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    CNN.com has the vid in its latest updates...still can't get a link
    4/16/92...8/20/92...6/19/05...6/20/05...9/24/96...10/5/96...6/14/98...9/18/98...9/19/98...9/4/00...5/3/03...7/1/03...7/12/03...5/30/06...cuz everyone seems to be doin' it....please don't jump off any bridges.
  • Options
    rightonduderightondude Posts: 745
    2 stale doughnts in a row and lukewarm coffee have done worse I bet...
  • Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    InsaneSoup wrote:
    CNN.com has the vid in its latest updates...still can't get a link

Try this

Officers attack in elevator
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:

I wish there was audio, he may have been mouthing off, it did look like he started to push the cop. Bad idea. When you're stopped by, and start a dialogue with the police they have one intention....to nail your ass for something. They stop you, you pay something, whether it's copious ass kissing respect, excessive cash from your pocket, or physical harm. It's a slippery slope. And they will have it.

But it's 2 on one, he is smaller, they uncuffed him so he was must have been already searched for weapons, they definitely have guns, and he is cornered.

Hmmm..how hard of situation is that to control?

I guess they had no other choice but to physically beat him down... sigh... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    CommyCommy Posts: 4,984
    to protect and serve...glad they're on our side :rolleyes:
  • Options
    moeaholicmoeaholic Posts: 536
    Commy wrote:
    to protect and serve...glad they're on our side :rolleyes:

not justifying it at all, but it's 2 cops. not every single cop lining up to smack the guy around. 2 cops.
    "PC Load Letter?! What the fuck does that mean?"
    ~Michael Bolton
  • Options
    moeaholic wrote:
    not justifying it at all, but it's 2 cops. not every single cop lining up to smack the guy around. 2 cops.

It's also just one incident. Remember that Lester guy that had his testicles electrocuted?
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    It's also just one incident. Remember that Lester guy that had his testicles electrocuted?

yeah. i also remember the state trooper that didn't give me a speeding ticket.

i don't know for sure, but i'd be willing to bet decent cops outweigh the asshole cops by a shit-ton.
    ~Michael Bolton
  • Options
    CommyCommy Posts: 4,984
    Its how they're trained. They are authority figures, when they should be acting as servants of the public. Seriously, they're trained to act this way, to treat us like a herd to be controlled, not a community they protect.
  • Options
    moeaholic wrote:
    yeah. i also remember the state trooper that didn't give me a speeding ticket.

i don't know for sure, but i'd be willing to bet decent cops outweigh the asshole cops by a shit-ton.

Ok, so then we don't need reform. Just as long as the good outweighs the bad.
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Ok, so then we don't need reform. Just as long as the good outweighs the bad.

look, i already said i'm not justifying what they did. when you have cops that act like that, they deserve to be punished. i don't think every cop that's working in the nation needs to be reformed. by that standard, should every human be reformed because there are murders, rapists, and child molesters that live among us? i have a really hard time believing that at the root of every cop, there's something telling him to enforce his will using brute force.
    ~Michael Bolton
  • Options
    moeaholic wrote:
    look, i already said i'm not justifying what they did. when you have cops that act like that, they deserve to be punished. i don't think every cop that's working in the nation needs to be reformed. by that standard, should every human be reformed because there are murders, rapists, and child molesters that live among us? i have a really hard time believing that at the root of every cop, there's something telling him to enforce his will using brute force.

There is something enabling the police to use brute force. There is also something that causes the underlying mental perception that encourages them to use brute force. Perhaps a feeling of control and discontent for their own personal suffering.

Society does need further reform. That is indicated by people like Charles Manson and the columbine kids.
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    There is something enabling the police to use brute force. There is also something that causes the underlying mental perception that encourages them to use brute force. Perhaps a feeling of control and discontent for their own personal suffering.

Society does need further reform. That is indicated by people like Charles Manson and the columbine kids.

sorry, i just can't agree with you. punish the ones that fuck up, praise the ones that actually do their job correctly. and as far as society needing reform...my opinion on that is people need to start paying more attention to family instead of other shit. bring your kids up right and the chances of a manson or columbine happening again are dramatically reduced.
    ~Michael Bolton
  • Options
    moeaholic wrote:

I say no way on that one dude. My ratio is 25 - 1 bad to good. I've only ever met one good cop. They don't have to beat you physically to be assholes. MY best friend's brother is a cop and they both agree with me on this. At best I'll give and say 50/50.
  • Options
    I say no way on that one dude. My ratio is 25 - 1 bad to good. I've only ever met one good cop. They don't have to beat you physically to be assholes. MY best friend's brother is a cop and they both agree with me on this. At best I'll give and say 50/50.

You met 1 good cop? You are ahead of me then. I've been harrassed several times by police.
  • Options
    cool..replies...

i mean, that guy could have told the cop to suck his balls till he shot off in the cops' face and he still would not have deserved that beating. words are words, but once you invade someone's space with punches like that, you have crossed the line....regardless of your position (And especially because of your position....I'm supposed to trust and look up to you) ....totally crossing the line. especially when you have such an upper hand (or 4). In my 30+ years I have had ONE good experience with a cop....and it was when he told me to stop driving like an asshole...he was right (and it is rare when they are, but I was driving like a dick...I do admit)...but I am over it... this is sick....and people wonder why Ice Cube is all "Fuck tha police".

man am I glad to be white. (please smell sarcasm...as truthful as it may be)
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    You met 1 good cop? You are ahead of me then. I've been harrassed several times by police.

lol yeah it amazed the shit out of me and my two buddies in the car at the time too.

We talked about for about the better part of an hour scratching our heads, playing in various reasons.

We still refer to it several years later as "remember that time we got stopped by that one good cop?"

and it's like... yup I know exactly what time you're talking about.