Options

A Question

13»

Comments

• Options
    shirazshiraz Posts: 528
    lgt wrote:
    I think there should be an immediate ceasefire, before things get out of control. Israel's image has definitely worsened in the Western world with this latest action, IMO.

The Palestinian issue must be tackled once and for all. Arafat is no longer on the scene. So, a deal must be reached, otherwise further conflicts will always be possible.

With regard to Hizbullah, more support for the Lebanese government from the Western powers (especially the US).

Also, any talks about Hizbullah include Iran and Syria. You cannot exclude them as it happened in the Rome meeting soon after this war started.

I think there should be an immediate ceasefire and in the same time get the Lebanese army & the Int armed forces to southern Lebanon instead of the IDF. Like I said, one can not trust Hizbullah, they kept firing missiles on us even during the 2-days-ceasefire we had with them. How can you assure me they won't do it again and this time, without no-one to stop them? and what about our kidnapped soliders, howcome no one even mentioned them anymore as a crucial part of ANY ceasefire agreement?

And what about Iran & Syria? sure, Hizbullah is working for them but how come Israel & Lebanon need to depend on their state of mind? They want the Lebanese govt to be Shi'ite and kill evey Lebanese who thinks differently (like the late prime minister Hariri) & they also want to destroy Israel, do you really think there is a point Israel & Lebanon should not exclude them?

The Palestinian issue has NOTHING to do with this current conflict in Lebanon, Hizbullah has no right to use this internal conflict for their evil intentions, just like they have no right to use the Iraqi conflict in order to attack in one of the coalition countries territory.
  • Options
    shirazshiraz Posts: 528
    lgt wrote:
    I still think it is a matter of perspectives and how far back you go with the chain of events.

Hopefully, the French will succeed in their diplomatic effort and this conflict will end.

Peace.
    Laura

PS Thanks for the debate! :)

I wish the French will provide the Int armed force to southern Lebanon, cause this is the only western country who really cares about Lebanon. They should get in with the Lebanese army instead of the IDF in the same time Israel & Lebanon will sign over some ceasefire agreement.

I want my life back.