Options

Obama's a hypocrite, then his staff lies

mwachsmanmwachsman Posts: 474
edited August 2006 in A Moving Train
http://www.drudgereport.com/flash3.htm

Not that I really care, I just thought it was pretty funny.
"So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
"Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    http://cnwmr.com/nss-folder/automotiveenergy/

GMC Envoy ($2.20 per mile)
    Honda Insight ($2.94 per mile)
    Ford Escape Hybrid ($3.18 per mile)
    Honda Civic Hybrid ($3.24 per mile)
    Toyota Prius ($3.25 per mile)
    Honda Accord Hybrid ($3.30 per mile)
  • Options
    Not really defending obama because just about all politicians have shown to be hypocrites in this way, but a senator isn't going to travel in a little prius hybrid or something like that. They travel with a couple of aides/staffers and security, so it's usually not like they are in a car alone.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    Not really defending obama because just about all politicians have shown to be hypocrites in this way, but a senator isn't going to travel in a little prius hybrid or something like that. They travel with a couple of aides/staffers and security, so it's usually not like they are in a car alone.
    Agreed.
    What is worse on the environment?
    A. A Suburban carrying 6 adults (licensed drivers)
    B. Six Hybird cars with one driver in each
    I know that there are a lot of SUVs out there with single drivers... I just think it's time to criticize our driving habits, rather than simply pointing blame at the vehicle.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    This isn't a proud moment, but it's not as bad as Speaker Hastert driving to and from some alternative energy conference in DC in a hybrid, then stopping at a gas station a few blocks down the road and getting into his bigassed SUV.
    "Of course it hurts. You're getting fucked by an elephant."
  • Options
    Nearly all (if not all) of us are hypocrites when it comes to the environment. It's like that thread that attacked Gore for not subscribing to the wind energy power plan in his local area. He's doing so many good things (even drives hybrids) but I just think that the environment is such an easy thing to not handle perfectly. I saw Ed in a big ass Ford Econoline van a few years ago, so is he a hypocrite too? I guess so, but who isn't in some way? Especially regarding the environment. It's an easy attack on anyone. Obama is doing good things no matter what he drives.
  • Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,560
    My transportation is powered by a cool gadget called "my legs" they don't pollute at all and the fuel is relatively inexpensive. It does take longer to get places though, and I don't get many radio stations, no air conditioner in summer or heater in winter, when it rains I get soaked, it'd take me 3 weeks to get to visit my father, etc... *sigh*
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    acroyearacroyear Posts: 46
    I love it.

He decries gas-guzzling vehicles and their contribution to "global warming" in some some speech, and then drives off afterwards in his SUV.

Sanctimonious hypocrite.

He's a liberal Democrat pandering to the kook base.

Reminds me of all these righteous liberals in Hollywood that say people should ride their bikes or go back to the horse and buggy and then, themselves, arive at the Oscars in a big ass limo.

Oh, the hypocrisy...
    "If you want peace, be prepared for war."
    George Washington
  • Options
    acroyearacroyear Posts: 46
    This isn't a proud moment, but it's not as bad as Speaker Hastert driving to and from some alternative energy conference in DC in a hybrid, then stopping at a gas station a few blocks down the road and getting into his bigassed SUV.

Or righteous liberals in Hollywood telling people to drive hybrids or ride bikes, but show up at the Oscars in a big ass limo...
    "If you want peace, be prepared for war."
    George Washington
  • Options
    Not to be a thread nazi but we already went over this, it's even on the first page http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=211762 There are a couple of good responses there, mine in particular. :D
  • Options
    MrBrianMrBrian Posts: 2,672
    I don't really have issues with the suv, infact I think some are really cool, Cayenne, X5.

If you need the space and or go off road, I for sure don't have a problem with it. Also I think the emissions are an important thing, for example the X5 has a fairly clean running engine.

(Low Emissions Vehicle)
    ---

But those american ones? those are just wrong.
  • Options
    miller8966miller8966 Posts: 1,450
    the only reason people care about obama is because hes black
    America...the greatest Country in the world.
  • Options
    miller8966 wrote:
    the only reason people care about obama is because hes black
    I was wondering when the neocons would show up..... ;)
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    My transportation is powered by a cool gadget called "my legs" they don't pollute at all and the fuel is relatively inexpensive. It does take longer to get places though, and I don't get many radio stations, no air conditioner in summer or heater in winter, when it rains I get soaked, it'd take me 3 weeks to get to visit my father, etc... *sigh*

May I suggest a car? Maybe a Hummer, or a Dodge Ram SRT-10.
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
  • Options
    http://cnwmr.com/nss-folder/automotiveenergy/

GMC Envoy ($2.20 per mile)
    Honda Insight ($2.94 per mile)
    Ford Escape Hybrid ($3.18 per mile)
    Honda Civic Hybrid ($3.24 per mile)
    Toyota Prius ($3.25 per mile)
    Honda Accord Hybrid ($3.30 per mile)

What the hell does that mean.....Why aren't all the environmentalists urging people to buy GMC Envoy's?
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    acroyear wrote:
    Or righteous liberals in Hollywood telling people to drive hybrids or ride bikes, but show up at the Oscars in a big ass limo...

and exactly how am i suppose to pedal my schwinn in a pair of heels darling?
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    acroyear wrote:

More than a few of them drive hybrids the majority of the time and show up to the Oscars in a limo. That's the exact opposite of what Hastert did.
    "Of course it hurts. You're getting fucked by an elephant."