Options

The Army & Marines are getting desperate

2»

Comments

• Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    justam wrote:
    In my opinion, the lack of the draft is something significant that has kept the population from rising up against this war more strongly.

I remember how people were during Vietnam...I was a kid, but I remember the fear my grandparents had because my uncle was that age...

If the draft was re-instated it might actually anger people enough to get up and say something.

I don't know, but, it seems that way to me...
    People will support the war (or the decisions for going to war) when there is no risk on their part. This war is being fought by the tiniest portion of our population... the Soldiers and their families. That's it. The average American is not in this war at all... we are not being asked to make any sacrifices... not rationing... Hell, we are NOT EVEN PAYING FOR THIS WAR... OUR KIDS ARE GETTING THE BILL!!!
    And saying, "I Support Our Troops" isn't doing shit... words are shit... worthless shit. There is no way that "I Support Our Troops" and "They (Soldiers) Should Have Know What They Signed Up For" equate. Calling our troops too stupid to know what they are getting into is NOT support.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!