Options

Happy Xmas! War is Over!

Bu2Bu2 Posts: 1,693
edited October 2007 in A Moving Train
Just came up with an idea, and I'd like to brainstorm it with you all.

For all us peace-niks out there, who want to protest against and urge and end to this "war", this occupation of Iraq, and of course the threat of war with Iran, thanks to several senators voting for us to call the Iran army "terr'ists" -- cough, Hillary, cough -- and yes, even that Senator whom I like and whom just happened to have skipped the voting process that day -- achoo, Obama, achoo -- to all us peace-niks out there, and anyone else who wants to end this thing called Iraq:

How about a visit to our beautiful Capitol for Christmas?

How about we all meet on Christmas morning and line up as close as we can to the White House and/or Pennsylvania Avenue, and/or get permits ahead of time, for a Christmas Carol event that will have 1,000's of people singing songs of peace in the Capitol while holding peace signs?

Just a thought.

Happy Holidays (now that October is here....),

Bu
Feels Good Inc.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    My cousin's dead
    I can't get it through my head
    though it's been so many years
    my cousin's dead.

True story.
  • Options
    I know.

Keep fighting his good fight. Keep creating his good creations.

Peace and luv,
    Bu
    Feels Good Inc.
  • Options
    Bu2 wrote:

For all us peace-niks out there, who want to protest against and urge and end to this "war", this occupation of Iraq, and of course the threat of war with Iran, thanks to several senators voting for us to call the Iran army "terr'ists" -- cough, Hillary, cough -- and yes, even that Senator whom I like and whom just happened to have skipped the voting process that day -- achoo, Obama, achoo -- to all us peace-niks out there, and anyone else who wants to end this thing called Iraq:

How about we all meet on Christmas morning and line up as close as we can to the White House and/or Pennsylvania Avenue, and/or get permits ahead of time, for a Christmas Carol event that will have 1,000's of people singing songs of peace in the Capitol while holding peace signs?

Just a thought.

Bu

good luck, Bu. i don't think you'll get more than a handful to do that on christmas day.
    "Have you ever.........pooped a balloon?"
    ~D.K.S.
  • Options
    good luck, Bu. i don't think you'll get more than a handful to do that on christmas day.

It's off-season in DC at that time of year....the cherry blossoms have long since gone. It's cheap to fly and stay there, what with the snow and all. Anyone have family in VA? I do. If I didn't, I know I can always trust a Best Western.
    Feels Good Inc.
  • Options
    Dirtie_FrankDirtie_Frank Posts: 1,348
    Bu2 wrote:
    It's off-season in DC at that time of year....the cherry blossoms have long since gone. It's cheap to fly and stay there, what with the snow and all. Anyone have family in VA? I do. If I didn't, I know I can always trust a Best Western.
    exactly off time in dc no congress either
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    00 Virginia Beach;Camden I; Jones Beach III
    05 Borgata Night I; Wachovia Center
    06 Letterman Show; Webcast (guy in blue shirt), Camden I; DC
    08 Camden I; Camden II; DC
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options
    Bu2 wrote:

personally, i'd much rather spend the time with family. christmas is one of the few times during the year that we all get together.

good luck with it if you go through with it, and i hope you get a good amount of people to go. then you can come back and say to me "see? plenty of people went, you don't know what you're talking about."
    "Have you ever.........pooped a balloon?"
    ~D.K.S.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    Bu2 wrote:

Just a thought.

Bu

I don't live too far from the Capital and I'm all for it. On Christmas I'm always willing to do something else other than that whole Christmas scene thing. However, I'll be in Palm Beach, FL working through May/June but we can see what we do to make it happen.

Anyone able to play guitar?

Peace, Out of Many We're One
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Plus, John was murdered in December.