Options

Durbin Tells It Like It Is

Bu2Bu2 Posts: 1,693
edited September 2007 in A Moving Train
You go, Durbin!!

http://weblogs.chicagotribune.com/news/politics/blog/2007/09/durbin_promises_to_oppose_more.html

I was getting very worried this week that the Dems would start caving -- just like Bush and Cheney want them to -- but here's one man in Washington who will not cave in....and who will talk the TRUTH!

Quote: Recently back from his third trip from Iraq, Durbin declared in a speech to the Center for National Policy that members of Congress now face a “moral obligation” to stop funding for the war.

“More than on either of my earlier visits, I feel overwhelmed by the tragedy we have created—for Iraq, for its neighbors, for America’s image around the world, and for our troops,” Durbin said.

“I used to think this war was our worst foreign policy mistake in a generation. Now I think it is our worst foreign policy mistake ever,” he added.

Quoting a term he said Sen. John Warner (R-Va.) used in conversation with him, Durbin said every time Congress passes new funding for the war it is a “de facto re-authorization.”

“This Congress can’t give President Bush another blank check for his war in Iraq,” Durbin said. Later, he added, “The Consitution gives Congress a means to force the President to change course: the power of the purse. For the sake of our long-term national security interests, Congress needs to use that authority now.”

Right on!
Feels Good Inc.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    What we get on TV is so neatly packaged and matter of fact "face forward" it's disgusting. Fox news actually cheer leads the war. People eat it up...it's shameful. It's pathetic.

Sometimes I just want to grab people and shake them it's that bad.

We're in the wrong country even for christ sakes, and now scoping out and contemplating it's neighbor to destroy. Sell Iran...go Iran...all chips on Iran. go go... Sheer lunacy.

The current American govt is a disaster of epic proportions. Unprecedented.
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    Bu2Bu2 Posts: 1,693
    ....let's use it.
    Feels Good Inc.