Options

China Rises

HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,141
edited January 2007 in A Moving Train
According to a spokesman for the National Security Council, the ground-based, medium-range ballistic missile knocked an old Chinese weather satellite from its orbit about 537 miles above Earth. The missile carried a "kill vehicle" and destroyed the satellite by ramming it.

Apparently the satellite orbits at the same altitude of the US spy satellites

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/TECH/space/01/18/china.missile/index.html
Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    whatever happened to fly the friendly skies.......... anywho i think it would be cool to shoot at space junk...
  • Options
    whatever happened to fly the friendly skies.......... anywho i think it would be cool to shoot at space junk...

Yeah I was a little surprised they were able to shoot something down from over 500 miles away that is only 1.3 meters long…..especially when you factor the earth is moving the satellite is moving, and the impact of going through the various layers of the atmosphere.
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    Alex_CoeAlex_Coe Posts: 762
    Bring it on, china. You guys are like 5 feet tall.... :P
  • Options
    Hawkshore wrote:
    Yeah I was a little surprised they were able to shoot something down from over 500 miles away that is only 1.3 meters long…..especially when you factor the earth is moving the satellite is moving, and the impact of going through the various layers of the atmosphere.

Well... The Chinese were big Clinton donors. Clinton thanked the Chinese by selling them top U.S. military secrets (Including detailed instructions on how to develope advanced weapons systems such as the one you've described). The Chinese are now capable of destroying us.

Why is anyone surprised?
    "Sarcasm: intellect on the offensive"

"What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact."

Camden 5-28-06
    Washington, D.C. 6-22-08
  • Options
    Well... The Chinese were big Clinton donors. Clinton thanked the Chinese by selling them top U.S. military secrets (Including detailed instructions on how to develope advanced weapons systems such as the one you've described). The Chinese are now capable of destroying us.

Why is anyone surprised?

Time to learn Mandrin???
  • Options
    Hawkshore wrote:
    Time to learn Mandrin???

I hope not. That shit looks pretty difficult. I don't even have the patience for Spanish.
    "Sarcasm: intellect on the offensive"

"What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact."

Camden 5-28-06
    Washington, D.C. 6-22-08
  • Options
    puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    Probably just Hu Jintao's way of reminding those who need to know, that China is not Iraq and Taiwan is still an issue and Japan's apology sucked.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
  • Options
    puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907

Why is anyone surprised?

Is anyone surprised that China had favorite nation status under Nixon, Reagan, Bush Sr. that's a stretch to try and pinpoint star war stealing on Clinton.

Hell chalk it up to the fact they make better games than us.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
  • Options
    enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,926
    China just made space travel THAT much harder...thousands of tiny fragments in that orbit now. to get some idea...imagine running as fast as you can into a barbed wire fence. That's what that debris can do to a space shuttle.

Seriously fucking retarded. I expected more from China than this.
  • Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    puremagic wrote:
    Hell chalk it up to the fact they make better games than us.

It's the azn nigga fuck the rest
    Dallas to New York jigga, we the best
    Vietnam to Japan to Mongolia
    Philippines to Taiwan to Cambodia
    Korea, ah ah, hometown China
    who you got, huh?
    you got shit nigga, feel the size
    it's the A-Z-N better recognize

got rice, bitch? got rice?
    got food, got soup, got spice?
    got brains like us? got skills like us?
    got cars? got clothes? got girls like us?
    wassup we the shit and we kill ya'll fools
    we got money in the bank from our family jewels
    can we help it if we raid and corrupt the schools?
    it don't matter fuck the law shit we break the rules
    we jack cars, pop games, yo we got the tools
    hoop it up, break it down then we shoot some pool,
    you fuck with me, you fuck with all bitch, don't think it's cool
    one on one fuck that it's three on one no duels

got rice bitch? got rice?
    anything you can show that is nice?
    got cash,got moves, got thoughts like us?
    Fuck no, Hell you white you'll never be like us
    Take off your shoes when you enter please
    or Crawl around on the floor with your fucking knees
    don't mind the smell you'll get used to it
    moth balls, fried squid, and that buddha shit
    what the hell is that you think i don't see
    no forks in the house chops sticks only
    have a taste don't be scared try the lemon tea
    you don't want thats alright try the fuck on me

Got rice bitch, got rice?
    Got luck anytime you roll the dice?
    your luck is bad unless you run and hide,
    cuz we're thugs for life baby, Asian Pride...
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    It's the azn nigga fuck the rest
    Dallas to New York jigga, we the best
    Vietnam to Japan to Mongolia
    Philippines to Taiwan to Cambodia
    Korea, ah ah, hometown China
    who you got, huh?
    you got shit nigga, feel the size
    it's the A-Z-N better recognize

got rice, bitch? got rice?
    got food, got soup, got spice?
    got brains like us? got skills like us?
    got cars? got clothes? got girls like us?
    wassup we the shit and we kill ya'll fools
    we got money in the bank from our family jewels
    can we help it if we raid and corrupt the schools?
    it don't matter fuck the law shit we break the rules
    we jack cars, pop games, yo we got the tools
    hoop it up, break it down then we shoot some pool,
    you fuck with me, you fuck with all bitch, don't think it's cool
    one on one fuck that it's three on one no duels

got rice bitch? got rice?
    anything you can show that is nice?
    got cash,got moves, got thoughts like us?
    Fuck no, Hell you white you'll never be like us
    Take off your shoes when you enter please
    or Crawl around on the floor with your fucking knees
    don't mind the smell you'll get used to it
    moth balls, fried squid, and that buddha shit
    what the hell is that you think i don't see
    no forks in the house chops sticks only
    have a taste don't be scared try the lemon tea
    you don't want thats alright try the fuck on me

Got rice bitch, got rice?
    Got luck anytime you roll the dice?
    your luck is bad unless you run and hide,
    cuz we're thugs for life baby, Asian Pride...

How do you follow a post like that? Haha but I'll go with ...

BEN: That's no moon! It's a space station.
    HAN: It's too big to be a space station.
    LUKE: I have a very bad feeling about this.

I understand the Chinese have been pushing for an international conference regarding a space arms race in the U.N. but we’ve been blowing them off saying there’s no need because there is no arms race in space…

I think this is their way of calling.
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    enharmonic wrote:
    China just made space travel THAT much harder...thousands of tiny fragments in that orbit now. to get some idea...imagine running as fast as you can into a barbed wire fence. That's what that debris can do to a space shuttle.

Seriously fucking retarded. I expected more from China than this.
    Are you kidding me? Do you have any idea how many space rocks are hitting the Earths atmosphere everyday? Chances are most of the debri will have changed course from the impact and either burn up in the atmosphere or be sent off into space. It would be the least of anybodies worries up there.
  • Options
    spongersponger Posts: 3,160
    Are you kidding me? Do you have any idea how many space rocks are hitting the Earths atmosphere everyday? Chances are most of the debri will have changed course from the impact and either burn up in the atmosphere or be sent off into space. It would be the least of anybodies worries up there.

On the contrary, orbital debris -natural and manmade- are a serious hazard to space craft. Any objects greater than 10 cm in diameter are tracked by NASA so that satellites can be maneuvered around them.

http://www.wstf.nasa.gov/Hazard/Hyper/debris.htm
    NASA frequently replace windows on the space shuttle that have been damaged by objects as small as a flake of paint.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/space/solarsystem/earth/spacejunk.shtml
  • Options
    Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    Im sure Bush will try to start a war with China also.
    I'll be back
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    They probably just wanted to show the U.S that they have the capability to knock out their sateliites. Still, who's gonna fuck with China? There's like 600,000,0000,0000,000 of them, and they all know judo. :eek:
  • Options

Why is anyone surprised?

Yes and the repulicans never sold any middle eastern country weapons, they now use against you. Nooo republicans are fuckin saints.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz