Options

We Found the Vedderfans (Vancouver)

vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
edited April 2008 in The Porch
I jumped the gun with the total...in my hypglycemic haze, I combined two conversations about money and then told Surfrider the wrong total...I did apologize as soon as I heard the $3400 + total was incorrect. Sorry for the confusion everyone. So, as sqizzelfritz and restlesssoul have said - the actual total was $1553...plus around $500 for Wishlist t-shirts and stickers. I warned everyone my math was terrible!

The preparty was so well attended...so many people there buying raffle tickets and t-shirts! And it was loud with everyone having a great time, meeting new friends, and catching up with old ones - it was so great! You guys all came out in huge numbers and the preparty was a massive success. I even heard a couple of guys on the street the next day complaining that there wasn't another one for the second show....

Anyway, I want to again thanks everyone who helped out, in particular sqizzelfritz (for being a safety net), yahamita, wolfbear, restlesssoul, brad, pjbiz, equallyworthless (for calling out raffle numbers), red.black.yellow (for arranging the venue) and anyone who's name I'll come back and edit into this list. It was fantastic meeting people for the first time and catching up with others I've met before. There were some other people I really wanted to meet, but I just didn't get a chance...I was thrilled to see everyone having such a good time and the smiling faces and PDAs left me (and hopefully everyone else) feeling quite happy.

Adrian and Denice from Surfrider were absolutely wonderful with donating so many cool "surf" things and informing people about the Surfrider Foundation and what they do. They were so thankful for the exposure they got....

And massive thanks to everyone who came out to support Surfrider, Wishlist, and Eddie Vedder! Pearl Jam fans are so awesome! Wednesday and Thursday were such great days of meeting new friends and kindred spirits, such interesting and cool people - the concerts were the icing on the cake! And yes, bawled like an idiot starting with Arc and then Hard Sun, but I think it was because of the emotional connection I felt with so many people over the two days. There's a whole pack of new people that I'm going to miss an awful lot!

THANKS SO MUCH EVERYONE!!

Kim H
(vf10)

PS. I also include this from another post...maybe you can add to it?

Things I Learned from the April Fool Tour
1. The Tour is dedicated to Evel Kenievel
2. A fellow named Kevin Shuss writes out the set lists (works for Pearl Jam)
3. Liam Finn is one cool musician and a heck of a nice guy
4. Hard Sun is, like, the best song in the world
5. The Surfrider people are awesome!
6. Pearl Jam fans are the best group of fans - very supportive of one another! Not strangers, but friends who haven't yet met
7. Ed cried during "No More" the first night (according to the Seattle Times)
8. The security people were really nice if you were nice to them first
9. The Centre is a fantastic room
10. Lab coats can be sexy on the right person ;)
be philanthropic
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    Shameless bump to show how cool Vancouver really is....and Pearl Jam fans in general!
    be philanthropic