Options

Norway Cartoon Irks Israel

Infinity_NowInfinity_Now Posts: 188
edited July 2006 in A Moving Train
Damn, they're good...

http://gnn.tv/headlines/10140/Norway_Nazi_cartoon_irks_Israel

...at pissing off the world.

Anyway - it's... not funny. Though... it is strangely poignant.

So I'd say, "I'll allow it."

It's safe to say Jewish people know a lot about unjust violence and persecution. So what's up with Jewish mistreatment of Palestinians?

Why not pursue "peace accords" rather than striking harsh and voraciously violent chords of Israel's recent - most intolerant - foreign policy? Don't they realize they can't live peacefully in such a volatile region unless they step up and instruct the peace themselves?

It seems the world has much to learn. Not only are Israel and thier neighboring enemies acting completely intollerant of each other, but now Israel are attacking the childish prodding of Norwegian enmity towards Israel's own self-destructivly violent actions.

I say cartoons like this are indeed very important, and vital to maintaining some rational sense of human family/camaraderie across nations borders and social boundaries - because non-violent active opposition, like that of this comic - is crucial to help educate and communicate an antithesis to violence.

Really - Israel aren't the only victim here. Their enemies are falling too. And it's important for those of us who are impartial/anti-war to construct the only voice of peace we're likely to get from this unjust regional war in Palestine.

...Go Norway. Israel disarm - the terror will end, war will cease when we (you) choose to let it go.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    rightonduderightondude Posts: 745
    The link is dead pappa taco...you got another? :D
  • Options
    uh - that link was to a GNN article that had a link to a site that had a cropped image of the "cartoon" - which is more like a caricature, but anyway here's another page for all you too new to know about google (wink wink, nudge nudge):

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?c=JPArticle&cid=1153291996650&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull
  • Options
    69charger69charger Posts: 1,045
    Well at least they won't erupt into an orgy of violence because of a cartoon.
  • Options
    Hmmmm likening aggressive Jews to Nazis?? This is old news now.

And Ken Livingstone did it ages ago
  • Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,560
    I don't see this as being that offensive really. Kind of shows you irony of it. How many atrocities does it take to learn war isn't the answer. This is one war brewed out of another war in a way. If the holocaust was a reason for Zionism, and Zionism is the reason for this. I feel sorry for the idealogical views of both sides that brought this about.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    I think what everybody here needs to see is Moshe Katsav and Hassan Nasrallah skipping down the street singing,

"I see skies of blue..... clouds of white
    Bright blessed days....dark sacred nights
    And I think to myself .....what a wonderful world."
  • Options
    shirazshiraz Posts: 528
    Ahnimus wrote:
    I don't see this as being that offensive really. Kind of shows you irony of it. How many atrocities does it take to learn war isn't the answer. This is one war brewed out of another war in a way. If the holocaust was a reason for Zionism, and Zionism is the reason for this. I feel sorry for the idealogical views of both sides that brought this about.

For me, it showes how little others respect / know about the holocaust, and about Israel. BTW, lots of radical "left wingers" in Israel are doing the same analogy, and lots of radical "right wingers" did the same during their evacuation from the Gaza strip area. I think its a cynical use of the holocaust history & memory.

Oh and don't worry, we're not gonna burn any embassies (:
  • Options
    rightonduderightondude Posts: 745
    My...those suspenders give his buttocks a nice manly shape. If you stand back and blink really fast you san see he is holding the dead severed head of some war victim... :D
  • Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,560
    shiraz wrote:
    For me, it showes how little others respect / know about the holocaust, and about Israel. BTW, lots of radical "left wingers" in Israel are doing the same analogy, and lots of radical "right wingers" did the same during their evacuation from the Gaza strip area. I think its a cynical use of the holocaust history & memory.

Oh and don't worry, we're not gonna burn any embassies (:

Yea, you can't let old news like the holocaust get you down. I was in a terrible car accident when I was a kid. It mostly wasn't my fault, guy was speeding, was checking out a hot girl, real showoff type jerk. Put me in the hospital, almost killed me. It was a major turning point in my life. But it doesn't solve anything to dwell on it, or allow it to direct my life. It's important for me to learn from it and realize that speeding and not paying attention is a bad idea, and blaming it on the stupid kid that cut the corner on his bike doesn't reverse the incident either.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire