Options

Jesus Lizards

Infinity_NowInfinity_Now Posts: 188
edited August 2006 in A Moving Train
I want to discuss creationism and evolution.

This video, http://throwawayyourtv.com/2006/08/jesus-lizards.html - is very funny, sad, informative, and just freaking insane - I'd nominate it for an Oscar if I was actualy able to sit through the whole thing.

After only a few minutes I turned it off... you'll probably see why - go ahead, watch it, I'll give you enough credit to figure out when you've had enough.

*sigh*

Alright! If I actually believed in the devil, I'd say creationism is nothing but the devil playing tricks on the faithful, so that they'll all start a family feud and break into yet another hundred or so "Christian" denominations...

Does anyone here think they can defend or make sense of creationism, and also be strong enough to repudiate the likely barrage of attacks and grievances the majority of this board/world will in all good graciousness throw at you?

I would like somebody to make sense of creationism, in otherwords prove it - because I believe, as a master of my own beliefs, that it just can't be done.

On the other hand, if evolution comes to the table, I'm sure we can all welcome it with some applause, cause, really we have to give some credit to the forces of nature that allow us to even exist in the first place.

"Did you know Adam knew how to speak every language in the world?"

Did he, really? Did that preacher guy just talk to him the other day? "Does he know that or does he just think it?"

...Ridiculous. These Jesus Lizards - fundamentalists - are really getting on my nerves, do they realize that what they say effects everybody else - or is this world just "too human" for them, not good enough?

"Too human," as if it (we) were derogative!! It isn't! I wish they could see that... It's time for the supernatural to go the way of the dinosaur.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mwachsmanmwachsman Posts: 474
    Lol, I've seen that guy on TV so many times. He's good for some laughs. He was just recently arrested. I believe it was for tax evasion and maybe making threats.
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
  • Options
    CollinCollin Posts: 4,931
    Ridiculous.
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • Options
    cornnifercornnifer Posts: 2,130

Does anyone here think they can defend or make sense of creationism, and also be strong enough to repudiate the likely barrage of attacks and grievances the majority of this board/world will in all good graciousness throw at you?

I would like somebody to make sense of creationism, in otherwords prove it - because I believe, as a master of my own beliefs, that it just can't be done.

Not now. I've already done it a bunch of times and already seen the likely barage of groundless bullshit arguments and attacks the majority of this board has thrown at me in not-so-good graciousness. right now i'm not up for the same lame ass game.
    Why don't you, smarty pants, make sense of a completely accidental, darwinian style conincidental origin of the world and humanity, in other words, prove it, because I believe, as master of MY own beliefs, that it just can't be done.
    "When all your friends and sedatives mean well but make it worse... better find yourself a place to level out."