Options

Republican ads show distance from Bush

KarasKaras Posts: 68
edited September 2006 in A Moving Train
This article is about a bit of a split forming in the republican party...

http://www.sabaidi.net/talk_about.htm

Its has been in the works, religious right repubs and business concious repubs...But I think this is more important than the safety of the republican party. If the major problem splits, it is an opening to a break in the bi partisan system, which is an opening for other parties; Green, etc...
I scream in affirmation
of connecting dislocations
and exceeding limitations
by achieving levitation
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    AbuskedtiAbuskedti Posts: 1,917
    Yes, the republicans got what they needed from supporting Bush.. now they will look for another distracton so the can go on about their plundering.
  • Options
    KarasKaras Posts: 68
    I am not a republican supporter either, but you have to agree they get things done. In recent years, the Democrats couldn't even beat Bush. The impeachment of Clinton, etc. etc....Of course Clinton didnt lose the Presidancy, but he was one of the most popular presidants in recent years, and the Republcans had him on trial. A republican has the same sex scandal, missing women cases, etc. etc. and the Dems can't, and don't do much. Bush was a COCAINE abuser....Dems said, we won't push that issue...Clinton smoked WEED, and it was a huge issue...

I'm not saying I agree with what the Republicans do, but at least they get things done. And if it takes a split/shake up in their party to get a third party legitimized, then I think they can do it. And if they can get a third party, other left third parties, Green, etc. may be able to join in the chaos...

Look at American history, though they were liberal at the time ( i think), the republicans were a third party back in the day, when the Dems were running against the Wig party...
    I scream in affirmation
    of connecting dislocations
    and exceeding limitations
    by achieving levitation
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Lame duck two-term presidents generally have low ratings and are not helpful to their party's elections at the end of their term.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    They distance themselves publically, but they sure have been using him for fundraising at private events.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    I really don't think there's a split in the party. The people running it are smart enough to know that a split would kill them.

I think they're just distancing themselves from Bush because he's so unpopular right now. I think they're trying to stay ahead of the ball, and looking forward to the upcoming elections. They know that Bush is a bad name for them.