Options

I have an invite to Iraq from Patrick Dollard

ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
edited August 2006 in A Moving Train
I've been invited to Iraq - Shall I go??

http://www.patdollard.com/main.html

E-mails:

03/08/2006 - "I'm going back to Ramadi in September. Want to work for me and run a camera?"

04/08/2006 - "It ain't a party. Here's how it works. There's a 90% chance you will come back alive.
There is a 70% chance you will come back unwounded ( ie a 30% chance you will be wounded ). There is a 100% chance that some piece of hot flying metal ( mortar sharpnel, bullet, rocket, ied shrapnel or even ied concussion ) will fly within mere inches of your body. 100% Chance you will come mere inches from dying or being wounded. It's guaranteed. And when you come back, after enduring such hardships to help these peasants fight terrorist/gangster rule, after escaping close brushes with death every single day, you will be afraid of nothing, and you will have zero tolerance for the average civilian and their typical arrogance, earned, ultimately, by nothing. It's almost comical how you'll see these soft dufuses parade around like the badasses they will never be, practically demanding you kiss their ass without ever having earned it. The average, lazy ass, self-centered civilian's arrogance will be truly astounding to you. It'll be as if shackles have fallen from your eyes. And every rock and movie star will have lost every ounce of mystique and appeal to you. They will be what they are: plumbers or bus drivers or whoever who are simply plying a differnt type of trade. You will forever live in a different world, one you can not truly share with those closest to you, but only with those who have been through what you have been through. You will understand family as a verb, and appreciate it more as such instead of as a genetic-based noun. And in an indescribable way, you will know the truth of human nature, you will know the truth of everyone around you. Don't ask me how, but you will.

If you survive."

So, shall I go??
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    PickrPickr Posts: 161
    Those video clips are unreal...Never before have I seen the action that close up...More people need to see these...Poor fuckin kids...
    Stix and Stones may break my bones, but More than Words will never hurt me.