Options

Thanks ED! And thank you to all of you who know how to behave in a theatre!

KingmidgetKingmidget Posts: 628
edited August 2008 in The Porch
Maybe Ed will do this again, maybe not. I'm hoping he does, but as I've talked to friends about how some of these shows went down, the typical reaction has been "wow..that would suck", "people were yelling and chatting during songs???", " that would have driven me crazy", etc, etc

Realizing some nights were better than others regarding the loudmouths...

It just may be some time before Ed and PJs fanbase has grown up enough to allow for shows like these where the ENTIRE audience realizes in an intimate setting its all about respect for the performers and those who came to see him play what he planned for the evening.

Thanks again Ed...while I was dissppointed with some people, you're shows and your talent is truly amazing and I found my own way of ignoring the idiots. I hope over time you can too and we get this wonderul chance again! :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dreamweaverdreamweaver New York Posts: 713
    who the fuck cares? people can say or do whatever the fuck they want. deal with it.
    Meadowlands, MSG 1, MSG 2 - '98
    Jones Beach NY 1 + 3 - '00
    MSG 1 + 2 - '03
    Boston Garden - '04
    Montreal - '05
    Boston Garden 1, Meadowlands 1 + 2 - '06
    Mansfield 1 - '08
    (EV solo) Boston 1 - '08
    Chicago 1 - '09
    MSG -'10
    Brooklyn 1+2 - '13
    Central Park - '15
    MSG - '16
    Fenway - '16
    Wrigley - '16
    (RRHOF) Brooklyn - '17
    Fenway - '18
    MSG - '22
  • Options
    ... said a show-yeller.
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    who the fuck cares? people can say or do whatever the fuck they want. deal with it.
    They can, but that doesn't mean they won't get their ass kicked.
  • Options

A perfect example of someone who just don't get it.... with enough folks like you around you can "deal with" no more Ed solo shows...but I'm guessing you wouldn't care. "Deal with it" yourself clown.
  • Options

Right, maybe I can just rent out a theater, sell tickets for 60, 80 bucks to people who just want to yell stupid shit so "people can say or do whatever the fuck they want." Meanwhile the stage is empty and all of the stupid shit being yelled out is fulfilling the "Rebel" in us all, because "people can say or do whatever the fuck they want." Right? Yeah. That logic is so profound that I would never have thought it came from a douche bag.
    I can get you a toe by three o'clock...
  • Options
    i hear you,but this topic has been beaten to death.....let's talk about posters! ;)
  • Options
    i hear you,but this topic has been beaten to death.....let's talk about posters! ;)

I know...I posted it a few days ago just as a thank you and with few reactions from friends (who I had hoped could go, but would not have enjoyed it).

I can't talk about posters...I'll just want more!!!! :)
  • Options
    DedvwDedvw Posts: 245

Your absolutely right, its just that most people DON'T. Especially when it pisses many others off. It's called having morals.
  • Options
    LizzyLizzy Posts: 32
    This guy is probably from Milwaukee.
  • Options
    mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    Well you know what, I was at the Milwaukee show. I paid the same $$ as the people who yelled shit out and basically made the show shorter. I really believe we would have had a longer show if Eddie hadn't gotten pissed after asking,telling then yelling at people to STFU, and they still kept doing it!
    Why should I have to "deal" with a shorter set because some people don't know how to act? And even when asking to be quiet, they still don't get it.

It was an awesome wonderful show, but I think of the songs I probably didn't get to hear because some people don't have the respect for themselves or others.
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    I seriously don't think that Ed is that tempermental. The seating capacities were on average... what... 2,000? 3,000? It is almost to be expected that you are not going to get the total silence you would in a 200 seat theater or dinner house.
    Yeah... it'd be nice if everyone sat back and enjoyed the music coming from the stage... but, unless we are all opera buffs instead of rock music lovers, it ain't gonna happen.
    I'm not condoning them... I also think that the tools that shout during the songs are imbeciles. If Eddie is singing, 'Guaranteed'... don't fucking shout out, "Off He Goes!!!" from your seat... the fucking guy is singing, 'Guaranteed', you drunken buffoon, just kick back, shut the fuck up and enjoy it. Yell all you want during the applause.
    But, I'm not the audience police. and i guarantee you... you will never... and I mean NEVER... get 2 or 3 thousand people together in one place... where alcohol is sold... and not have at least one Ass-A-Hollah show up.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    Cosmo wrote:
    I seriously don't think that Ed is that tempermental.
    Seriously, I do think he did get that pissed off at that show. You could tell about half way thru the show, he was just not happy.
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • Options
    Lizzy wrote:
    This guy is probably from Milwaukee.

I agree with you 110%!
    09/13/05 Ham
    09/16/05 Ott
    09/19/05 05/09/06 05/10/06 TO
    05/17/06 Chic
    06/11/08 WPB
    06/12/08 TB
    EV- 08/10/08 Mon 08/12/08 TO 08/13/08 TO
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    mindi wrote:
    Seriously, I do think he did get that pissed off at that show. You could tell about half way thru the show, he was just not happy.
    Yeah... but that show sounded like an anomally... where the assholiness was multiplied 100 times.
    People at the West Coast shows I attended yelled shit... but, it really wasn't that bad. I just sounds like that part of the country might have more than their fair share of booze loving shitheads than other parts... or at least, more of them showed up at that show than the others.
    Anyway... I don't think Ed will say, 'Fuck it... fuck 'em if they won't listen.' and stop taking his little show to others, just because a few drunken fat fucks can't hold their beer or their fucking tongues.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Well put, kingmidget. As a long-time fan who was unable to get tickets to one of the local shows, I can only hope that the actions of a few "drunken buffoons" didn't ruin it for all of the appreciative fans like yourself!

Dreamweaver - you get an A+ for the most clever response. Seriously, though. While it's totally understandable that people will get fired up and drink and shout occasionally, showing a little respect (at the shows and on the boards) would go an awfully long way. Just my 2 cents.

Keeping my fingers crossed for another solo tour someday!
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    Yeah... but that show sounded like an anomally... where the assholiness was multiplied 100 times.
    People at the West Coast shows I attended yelled shit... but, it really wasn't that bad. I just sounds like that part of the country might have more than their fair share of booze loving shitheads than other parts... or at least, more of them showed up at that show than the others.
    Anyway... I don't think Ed will say, 'Fuck it... fuck 'em if they won't listen.' and stop taking his little show to others, just because a few drunken fat fucks can't hold their beer or their fucking tongues.

Hopin your right Cosmo....

thanks again Ed
  • Options
    KeiranKeiran Posts: 393

Ah, I think someone may be suffering from a major case of a sense of entitlement here. Just because you can do it, doesn't mean you should.

"The better part of valor is discretion." (Shakespeare, Henry IV, part 1, act 5, scene 4)
    Valor is from the Latin word "valere" meaning to be of worth.
    I wish a guy like Eddie, would like me.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,544
    To play devil's advocate, some of Ed's stories go a bit long. I enjoy them, but for a lot of the crowd after a few drinks, they want to hear some music. I thought Ed did a good at Chicago I mixing some singalongs in towards that latter half of the show. You could hear the talking start to pick up and bam, we get small town, sometimes, etc....
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Kingmidget wrote:
    Maybe Ed will do this again, maybe not. I'm hoping he does, but as I've talked to friends about how some of these shows went down, the typical reaction has been "wow..that would suck", "people were yelling and chatting during songs???", " that would have driven me crazy", etc, etc

Realizing some nights were better than others regarding the loudmouths...

It just may be some time before Ed and PJs fanbase has grown up enough to allow for shows like these where the ENTIRE audience realizes in an intimate setting its all about respect for the performers and those who came to see him play what he planned for the evening.

Thanks again Ed...while I was dissppointed with some people, you're shows and your talent is truly amazing and I found my own way of ignoring the idiots. I hope over time you can too and we get this wonderul chance again! :)
    Awesome post! I agree with you. I really don't understand why some people need to shout and yell in inappropriate places/venues. It could have been awesome, as it was , it was great! Ed pulled it off for sure, but you could tell at least at the venues I was at that he was iratated to say the least. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    You know what? I actually kept my mouth shut, because i wanted to hear every single thing vedder had to say, thank you very much! but I didnt get mad at those who also paid money and wanted to say something or shout somethin out.
    my point is, threads like this are stupid,

I also dont know if vedder (someone will probably say I'm not a true fan, or "grown up" or I'm from Milwaukee cause I didn't say "ed") got "pissed". he seemed to just rise above it. I was at the first Boston show, one of the worst in terms of people shouting. And The show was great anyway, People were laughing around me at the people calling out things, having a good time. vedder made a joke about it and then went into a song. You can't stop things like that, they will only go away when they are ignored. not when we create posts, whining about the shouting.
    MSG 1 + 2 - '03
    Boston Garden - '04
    Montreal - '05
    Mansfield 1 - '08
    (EV solo) Boston 1 - '08
    Chicago 1 - '09
    MSG -'10
    Brooklyn 1+2 - '13
    Central Park - '15
    MSG - '16
    Fenway - '16
    Wrigley - '16
    (RRHOF) Brooklyn - '17
    Fenway - '18
    MSG - '22
  • Options
    PS

hey look at all these "Ghosts" who have never posted on this board throwing their two cents in... maybe theyre the one's who are shouting!!!
    MSG 1 + 2 - '03
    Boston Garden - '04
    Montreal - '05
    Mansfield 1 - '08
    (EV solo) Boston 1 - '08
    Chicago 1 - '09
    MSG -'10
    Brooklyn 1+2 - '13
    Central Park - '15