Options

Henry Rollins needs to interview Ed.

KingmidgetKingmidget Posts: 628
edited January 2008 in The Porch
I think Ed would do it if invited and I think the two would hit it off w/ a great discussion.

Love that show...

Although I wish he would have cranked on Gene Simmons a number of episoded ago...what a douche
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Rollins is a very interesting character, and a pretty good interviewer. Love his spoken word stuff too. I think Hank and Ed would be a very cool pairing.
    - Justin

You think the Slayer tour is out, or what?

"Finally! I get to save the earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows." -- Al Gore.
  • Options
    Yeah, that would be a great show. I like Hank's show, but, it's not appointment TV for me. But, I love the interview he did with William Shatner and to find out they are friends in real life. That was fun. And yes, Gene Simmons is a douche. But, his daughter is going to be hot when she turns 18*.

*She is now, but, not legal.
    Dallas '98 - Dallas '00 - OKC '03 - Dallas '03

www.myspace.com/lance_gray

www.bonafidedarling.com
  • Options
    Rollins is a very interesting character, and a pretty good interviewer. Love his spoken word stuff too. I think Hank and Ed would be a very cool pairing.

I love watching his interviews...some people seem to squirm onto the couch and look across at him either nervously or like "whats this big ass mean lookin dude going to ask me?"...and then he always seems to totally put them at ease, asks great questions, shows his intellect, brings out interesting stuff from everyone he interviews..

Hopin this show is around for some time to come and even gets more public (if Rollins wants it...or if his cool rants allow it) ;)
  • Options
    NYbenbenNYbenben Posts: 1,020
    i like his new show that he has... i was watching last week and he had something that he did from Israel... it was strange cause it was almost as if he was doing stand up comedy...
    4/12/92, 8/11/92, 9/28/96, 9/11/98, 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 7/9/03, 4/30/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 12/9/05, 5/12/06, 5/17/06, 5/28/06, 6/3/06, 12/9/06, EV LA 4/12-4/13/08, 6/12/08, 6,19,08, 6,20,08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 7/1/08

and still jonesing for another show....
    "the waiting drove me mad..."
  • Options
    Kingmidget wrote:
    I think Ed would do it if invited and I think the two would hit it off w/ a great discussion.

Love that show...

Although I wish he would have cranked on Gene Simmons a number of episoded ago...what a douche

Usually I like Rollins, sometimes I don't, but you're right, an Eddie interview would be great
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    anothercloneanotherclone Posts: 1,688
    an interview with Ed? Fuck. Tha'd be awesome.

I saw Henry Rollins this past year on his spoken word tour. He was a lot more humorous than I had thought he would be. Even when he was being direct and kind of fired up, he had a tinge of humor in there.
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    I love Henry...I love Ed...It would be grand to see them together.

Besides, I think Hank could pump EV up and I would like to see that in an interview. Eddie is always so introverted during his "questioning" . He looks like he wants to run away all the time. Henry would do him justice.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    While I love both, I thought there was some acrimony in the past between the two from the mid-90s, don;t remember when or where I saw this. Am I way off base on this?
  • Options
    pj0705pj0705 Posts: 189
    While I love both, I thought there was some acrimony in the past between the two from the mid-90s, don;t remember when or where I saw this. Am I way off base on this?

I thought i heard something like that also, maybe im wrong. They are both very involved with the WM3 though. Im surprised Ed didnt help out on the Black Flag WM3 album.
  • Options

Both Ed and Rollins were involved with the concert for one of the Ramones (Johnny?)....maybe they hit it off there like the now "grown" dudes they are..no more stupid like spats (if they did have one)

Hopeful thinking anyway..."Hank" and Ed would make great buds...their different levels of intensity are directed in largely the same direction it seems.
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Kingmidget wrote:
    Both Ed and Rollins were involved with the concert for one of the Ramones (Johnny?)....maybe they hit it off there like the now "grown" dudes they are..no more stupid like spats (if they did have one)

Hopeful thinking anyway..."Hank" and Ed would make great buds...their different levels of intensity are directed in largely the same direction it seems.

I e-mailed Henry about EV once. A while back when I was reading 5 against 1. There is a mention of Henry in there somewhere. I don't remember the context, but Henry replied (as he always does to his fan e-mails, try it) and he said that he didn't know Ed well, but he thought he was a cool guy from what he could tell. This was years ago so there may have been more interaction between them since. With WM3 and Johnny I can't see how paths haven't crossed more.
    If ever a threesome would come my way...Well, a girl can dream right?
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!