Options

PBS Frontline: The Dark Side

AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
edited August 2006 in A Moving Train
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/darkside/view/

Just getting into it, looks good so far though. It's about the war on Iraq and 9/11.
I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I didn't get to watch this earlier. I am watching it now, on part 3. They are saying Dick Cheney and Don Rumsfeld undermined the CIA and forced a gag on them about Mohammad Atta. Pretty convincing testimony from some high level officials here. Good stuff.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    I am wondering if the PBS station is set up differently than most. Maybe because it's a public broadcasting network it doesn't conform to norms. It actually says it's sponsored by "park foundation commited to raising public awareness" and then it says "frontline is made possible by contributions to your PBS station from viewers like you. thank you."

They could also be corporately owned and corrupt as hell. Could be worth some investigation though.
  • Options
    MeatwagonMeatwagon Posts: 108
    PBS is great!! I caught that show last time it was on and loved it. Makes Cheney look like a school yard bully gone mad!! I get most of my news and currnet events from them. They give you a little BBC and other lines of info that don't fall into the typical CBS,NBC,ABC crap. Charlie Rose is also good to tune into!! A little off subject......Tim Robbins is a big supporter of public television. Do you remeber the big news team fight scene in Anchorman??? Mr. Robbins has a cool afro and smokin pipe and kicks some ass for your local public station. Funny as hell.
    Axis of justice.com
  • Options
    Meatwagon wrote:
    PBS is great!! I caught that show last time it was on and loved it. Makes Cheney look like a school yard bully gone mad!! I get most of my news and currnet events from them. They give you a little BBC and other lines of info that don't fall into the typical CBS,NBC,ABC crap. Charlie Rose is also good to tune into!! A little off subject......Tim Robbins is a big supporter of public television. Do you remeber the big news team fight scene in Anchorman??? Mr. Robbins has a cool afro and smokin pipe and kicks some ass for your local public station. Funny as hell.

Haha, man, I want to check it out. I don't subscribe to television. I have a set of Rabbit ears that picks up one channel if I really feel like watching TV. I'm gonna check out this network though, to see what it's all about.
  • Options
    Yea, I thought so. This seems like a really good non-partisan raw facts kind of organization. Just comparing the major about sections says a lot. PBS is part of a huge network of independant non-profit organizations dedicated to the bennefit of people. I should watch how much I endorse this network. PBS is non-profit, fact they tell you how much they get and what they spend it on. CNN is owned by timewarner, CBS is owned by Viacom, ABC is owned by Disney, Fox is owned by News Corporation. I mean this is really rare that they aren't incorporated or privatized. It's no wonder they talk about stuff the others don't.
  • Options
    It all makes sense you know. Says here the federal government spent $1.6 billion dollars on media contracts. However they were unable to investigate private contracts.

http://www.democrats.reform.house.gov/story.asp?ID=1006
  • Options
    MeatwagonMeatwagon Posts: 108
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Haha, man, I want to check it out. I don't subscribe to television. I have a set of Rabbit ears that picks up one channel if I really feel like watching TV. I'm gonna check out this network though, to see what it's all about.
    No cable here either my friend. I get 2 local channels and PBS. Your gonna get hooked on Antique Roadshow. HA
    Axis of justice.com