Options

Video: showing...?

AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
edited July 2006 in A Moving Train
video: Hizbullah deploys Katyushas near Lebanese homes???
Video: Hizbullah uses human shields???

I can't see how these videos show that stuff, but ok. I guess it's proof....
I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Ok, I get it now, that was a pretty big precision strike though. Was that really necissary?
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    givebloodgiveblood Posts: 15
    These people are right in there with the rest of Lebanon's population, because they know that Isreal's army cares (at least to some extent) about civilian casualties. I read a story this morning from an Israeli tank gunner ... Apparently many of the Isreali troops have been killed by roadside bombs, much like what happens to Americans in Iraq. Anyhow, this guy's tank was hit by an anti-tank round (probably an RPG or wire-guided missile), and the commander in the vehicle was killed. The rest of the tank crew sped off, back across the border, with six wounded on board. Apparently they took fire from a Lebanese house, and this guy radioed someone (a commander?) for permission to return fire. Permission denied, because of the risk of civilian casualties.
    Now, maybe the story is made up ... But other Isrealis also claim that they are hamstrung by Hizbollah's tactics. They attack with missiles or roadside bombs (rather than engage face-to-face), and when their fighters do attack with rifles at close range, they do it from houses where civilians are probably hiding. In short, these guys fight dirty and without any regard for the lives of the people they are supposed to be "liberating" from Isreali tyranny. How much of this is truth and how much is Isreali propaganda is hard to know ... Obviously the Israelis are OK with a certain number of civilian casualties. The individual soldiers on the ground might be showing more restraint, though.
  • Options
    giveblood wrote:
    These people are right in there with the rest of Lebanon's population, because they know that Isreal's army cares (at least to some extent) about civilian casualties. I read a story this morning from an Israeli tank gunner ... Apparently many of the Isreali troops have been killed by roadside bombs, much like what happens to Americans in Iraq. Anyhow, this guy's tank was hit by an anti-tank round (probably an RPG or wire-guided missile), and the commander in the vehicle was killed. The rest of the tank crew sped off, back across the border, with six wounded on board. Apparently they took fire from a Lebanese house, and this guy radioed someone (a commander?) for permission to return fire. Permission denied, because of the risk of civilian casualties.
    Now, maybe the story is made up ... But other Isrealis also claim that they are hamstrung by Hizbollah's tactics. They attack with missiles or roadside bombs (rather than engage face-to-face), and when their fighters do attack with rifles at close range, they do it from houses where civilians are probably hiding. In short, these guys fight dirty and without any regard for the lives of the people they are supposed to be "liberating" from Isreali tyranny. How much of this is truth and how much is Isreali propaganda is hard to know ... Obviously the Israelis are OK with a certain number of civilian casualties. The individual soldiers on the ground might be showing more restraint, though.

That's why a prefer cold hard facts. like this video footage.
  • Options
    givebloodgiveblood Posts: 15
    Ahnimus wrote:
    That's why a prefer cold hard facts. like this video footage.

I can't get these videos to play ... Have to try again later on a better computer, I think ...
  • Options
    giveblood wrote:
    I can't get these videos to play ... Have to try again later on a better computer, I think ...

You can try going to http://mfa.gov.il/mfa the videos are linked there on the right side near the bottom.