Options

The Vault

JohnnyGeetarJohnnyGeetar Posts: 165
edited October 2008 in The Porch
I know this topic has come up countless times, so please allow me to add another instance.

Is anyone else curious as to whether or not The Vault will open up?

Is it a matter of logistics? People buying them, and then sharing them on BT sites?

By all means, I'm not whining...just wondering. Once I got a taste of what was either offered from Basecamp, or other freebee's from the band I wanted more. As I'm sure many of you have.

I'm hopeful that we'll see something with the format they have now in the goods section.

Any thoughts?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,148
    maybe Kufala will produce them exclusively? i love the shows they've got up there to buy now. the rockfords double disc set is pretty boss. it seems they've done a bang up job on these 2008 shows too, so why not right? i downloaded the vegas 93 show which was amazing, but i'd love to have hard copies of some of the vintage shows.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    JohnnyGeetarJohnnyGeetar Posts: 165
    As much as I'd love to have physical discs of the older shows, I wouldn't care if they offered up on mp3s the way Metallica and Smashing Pumpkins do.

Just something.
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,004
    thought for sure the Boston orpheum 4/12/94 show would be next after they 'teased" the "rats" download audio sampler..

but alas..?
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,004
    bump?
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    I think it is going to happen at some point, just seems they are experimenting with different forms of getting their music out there. Assuming a 2009 tour with bootlegs alongside it, they may try something new again with releasing them.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    It's like Uncle Neil's Archives...... It's been 20years and people are still waiting!
  • Options
    godpt3godpt3 Posts: 1,020
    The Vault is a lie!!!!! :)
    "If all those sweet, young things were laid end to end, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised."
    —Dorothy Parker

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6902/conspiracytheoriesxt6qt8.jpg
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    maybe Kufala will produce them exclusively? i love the shows they've got up there to buy now. the rockfords double disc set is pretty boss. it seems they've done a bang up job on these 2008 shows too, so why not right? i downloaded the vegas 93 show which was amazing, but i'd love to have hard copies of some of the vintage shows.

Not sure I'd agree with the praise for kufala - their customer service was pretty great, but there sure were a ton of snafus with shipping and packaging. 10c did it much better IMHO