Options

Teacher under fire for his Cheney-9/11 theory

rightonduderightondude Posts: 745
edited July 2006 in A Moving Train
MADISON, Wisconsin (AP) -- More than 60 state lawmakers are urging the University of Wisconsin-Madison to fire an instructor who has argued that the U.S. government orchestrated the September 11 terrorist attacks.

A letter sent Thursday and signed by 52 Assembly representatives and nine state senators condemns a decision to let Kevin Barrett teach an introductory class on Islam this fall.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/07/21/Sept.11.prof.ap/index.html
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    As long as he's not teaching it, I see no reason why this person should be fired or punished in any way.
  • Options
    NMyTreeNMyTree Posts: 2,412
    It says a lot about the agenda of this administration, when 60 Lawmakers are attempting to intimidate and bully Farrell, Kevinn Barrett and the college, in general; into shutting this guy up and threathening his career and job.

This type of manipulation and intimidation should raise some screaming red flags ( Alert on RED ) for Americans, but I doubt anyone will pay much attention or even get upset at over yet another disgusting attempt by this administration to violate the very essence of America. Afterall, " American Idol " and " Horny Housewives" are both airing the best episodes from this past season:rolleyes:
  • Options
    surferdudesurferdude Posts: 2,057
    NMyTree wrote:
    It says a lot about the agenda of this administration, when 60 Lawmakers are attempting to intimidate and bully Farrell, Kevinn Barrett and the college, in general; into shutting this guy up and threathening his career and job.

This type of manipulation and intimidation should raise some screaming red flags ( Alert on RED ) for Americans, but I doubt anyone will pay much attention or even get upset at over yet another disgusting attempt by this administration to violate the very essence of America. Afterall, " American Idol " and " Horny Housewives" are both airing the best episodes from this past season:rolleyes:
    So would you let a teacher teach that the Holocaust numbers are greatly inflated. That many Jews didn't die by the direct hands of the Germans but rather by things like malnutrician. After all I've seen your post where you think muzzling this teacher in any way is the very definition of un-American.
    “One good thing about music,
    when it hits you, you feel to pain.
    So brutalize me with music.”
    ~ Bob Marley
  • Options
    NMyTreeNMyTree Posts: 2,412
    surferdude wrote:
    So would you let a teacher teach that the Holocaust numbers are greatly inflated. That many Jews didn't die by the direct hands of the Germans but rather by things like malnutrician. After all I've seen your post where you think muzzling this teacher in any way is the very definition of un-American.

Yes. I advocate people presenting opposing hypothesis, theories, opinions or facts which challenge the official account of history, events and actions as the only facts.

History has proven that the "official historical " accounts of many of history's important events/actions are incorrect, inaccurate and sometimes- premeditated, duplicitious attempts at misinformation and revisionist history; for the purpose of withholding information and facts that would otherwise implicate certain individuals, groups and administrations of criminal, immoral or unethical behavior.

But I will also point out that Kevin Barret is presenting a hypothesis and theory, which he does not neccassarily claim are conclusive facts, at this time.

The point of his class is to encourage people to question and research the standard, official acounts being force-fed to the citizens of this country and the citizens of the whole world. Question, criticize and probe.

Certainly, an Administration who has nothing to hide and is innocent of complicity in any given event; would have nothing to fear of an investigation performed by a independant, objective commitee with no political, financial or religious interest or loyalties to the Administration in question, correct?
  • Options
    RockinInCanadaRockinInCanada Posts: 2,016
    MADISON, Wisconsin (AP) -- More than 60 state lawmakers are urging the University of Wisconsin-Madison to fire an instructor who has argued that the U.S. government orchestrated the September 11 terrorist attacks.

A letter sent Thursday and signed by 52 Assembly representatives and nine state senators condemns a decision to let Kevin Barrett teach an introductory class on Islam this fall.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/07/21/Sept.11.prof.ap/index.html

Thats a lot of lawyers for one theory....