anyone??

Larry ZisstansLarry Zisstans Posts: 167
edited August 2007 in A Moving Train
anyone out there have a link to a page or site that lists any or all of the accomplishments that the u.s. gov't has made under the tenure of the current republican administration?

no?

hmmm...
The world is like a ride in an amusement park, and when you choose to go on it you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. The ride goes up and down, around and around, it has thrills and chills, and it's very brightly colored, and it's very loud, and it's fun for a while. Many people have been on the ride a long time, and they begin to wonder, "Hey, is this real, or is this just a ride?" And other people have remembered, and they come back to us and say, "Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever. Because this is just a ride." And we...kill those people. "Shut him up! I've got a lot invested in this ride, shut him up! Look at my furrows of worry, look at my big bank account, and my family. This has to be real." It's just a ride. But we always kill the good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok? But it doesn't matter, because it's just a ride. And we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings of money. Just a simple choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one. Here's what we can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride. Take all that money we spend on weapons and defenses each year and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would pay for many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace.
--Bill Hicks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• They tried to build a huge fence to keep out Mexicans at one point...
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    That's easy they accomplished getting us into a war in Iraq and set blame elsewhere. Now they're about to set war in Iran as many in America sit idly by.

Peace
    Earle
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• well they served us pretty well in keepin them gays from gettin murried
    hate was just a legend
  • gue_bariumgue_barium Posts: 5,515
    The Iraqi war debt sure makes my credit card debt look insignifcant.

all posts by ©gue_barium are protected under US copyright law and are not to be reproduced, exchanged or sold
    except by express written permission of ©gue_barium, the author.
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    well they uncovered a plot to fly planes into the world trade center and then went after the people that were responsible................oh sorry you want to actual accomplishments....that's easy....none.....
  • This song says it all...have a listen

http://www.anti-neocons.com/
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,149
    they successfully gave us the lovely legislation known as the patriot act.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    They did a better job in Afghanistan than the Soviets did......:rolleyes:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • beachdwellerbeachdweller Posts: 1,532
    Bush has done a decent job in supplying money for AIDS support in Africa, could do better, but what he has done is far more then most would have ever thought he'd do.
    "Music, for me, was fucking heroin." eV (nothing Ed has said is more true for me personally than this quote)

Stop by:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14678777351&ref=mf
  • Bush has done a decent job in supplying money for AIDS support in Africa, could do better, but what he has done is far more then most would have ever thought he'd do.

And most of it to the detriment of everyone outside the government's pockets.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    anyone out there have a link to a page or site that lists any or all of the accomplishments that the u.s. gov't has made under the tenure of the current republican administration?

no?

hmmm...
    They took credit for the rediscovery of the Ivory-billed Woodpecker. :rolleyes:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    You don't have to be cool to rule the world.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire