Options

Corduroy And Harrison Ford...

2»

Comments

• Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    Danimal wrote:
    This made me absolutely sick when I read it. This world is covered with houses!!! How insensitive!!! EFF HOUSES!!! They should put up a HUGE Wendy's instead! That would be killer!!!
    start the ***OFFICIAL PETITON*** for this Wendy's and Ill sign!

.99 Jr. Bacon Monkeyburgers! :D
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,754
    Danimal wrote:
    This made me absolutely sick when I read it. This world is covered with houses!!! How insensitive!!! EFF HOUSES!!! They should put up a HUGE Wendy's instead! That would be killer!!!

This is a brilliant idea - think about it, all the cool air coming off the huge frosties they make would stop global warming dead in its tracks! Al Gore better get on this train STAT.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    Oh yea because that really what I meant. Watch the damn thing. Its harrison ford getting waxed by an asian lady with corduroy played in the background. What the fuck does any of that have to do with saving a rain forest?

Harrison Ford is just pissed that he didn't opt for the Happy Ending.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    sgossard3 wrote:
    start the ***OFFICIAL PETITON*** for this Wendy's and Ill sign!

.99 Jr. Bacon Monkeyburgers! :D

You haven't lived until you've had the Wendy's .99 Spicy Spotted Owl Sandwich. Mmmmmmm tastes extincty.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    Yea i get it, he says something about trees getting knocked down right as his hair comes off, ooooh wow what a great analogy! they couldve oh i dunno showed a rain forest in the commercial or something more like they gave 2 shits about saving a rain forest.

It's just a creative way of showing the dangers of deforestation. If it raises awareness, then it's done its job, IMO.
  • Options
    Yea i get it, he says something about trees getting knocked down right as his hair comes off, ooooh wow what a great analogy! they couldve oh i dunno showed a rain forest in the commercial or something more like they gave 2 shits about saving a rain forest.

always been this cynical?

Have you ever had your chest waxed? I haven't, do you know why? because it'd hurt like hell!!

ARRGGHH KELLY CLARKSON!!!

HF underwent what pretty much amounts to torture to make a point.

what have you done?
  • Options
    citizen_drewcitizen_drew Posts: 170
    Some people are into raising awareness; some people are into suppressing it…

Btw. Harrison Ford was flying this beauty at out Planes of Fame Chino last month, not quite the Millennium Falcon but a sweet airplane…

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x297/richards_19/hfdehavilland.jpg

I feel some Vitalogy coming on this evening
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    Maybe it's just me, but I think this commercial is awesome!

yea, i don't get people complaining....oh wait, yes i do....we are on The Porch.

but wait...what exactly bother them? Corduroy playing? Ford with his shirt off?.................

i don't get it.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    JimmiesJimmies Posts: 28
    Some people are into raising awareness; some people are into suppressing it…

Btw. Harrison Ford was flying this beauty at out Planes of Fame Chino last month, not quite the Millennium Falcon but a sweet airplane…

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x297/richards_19/hfdehavilland.jpg

I feel some Vitalogy coming on this evening
    So on one hand he's lecturing us on the dangers of carbon, and on the other he's emitting tons of it just for entertainment. Nice.
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Jimmies wrote:
    So on one hand he's lecturing us on the dangers of carbon, and on the other he's emitting tons of it just for entertainment. Nice.
    Well, doesn't global warming help the rainforests? More warm, more year round growth?..
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    always been this cynical?

Have you ever had your chest waxed? I haven't, do you know why? because it'd hurt like hell!!

ARRGGHH KELLY CLARKSON!!!

HF underwent what pretty much amounts to torture to make a point.

what have you done?

gotten my balls waxed...yea harrison fords a pussy.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    i kinda dig this ad... i dont see what the fuss is about?
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,262
    May be a dumb commercial, but still supporting a good cause....

Oh well.
  • Options
    muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    Well, doesn't global warming help the rainforests? More warm, more year round growth?..

Deforestation = less trees to take in the CO2 = more CO2 in the air = more global warming

That's what my dubious-at-best A Level Geography has taught me anyway.
  • Options
    stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    I like Harrison Ford and I like Pearl Jam and its a good message.Can't go wrong with that!
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    Why not just have someone kick him in the nuts to get the point across?
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    Maybe it's just me, but I think this commercial is awesome!

It has a great message, great music, and it's strangely sexy. I happen to love it.
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    Jason P wrote:
    Why not just have someone kick him in the nuts to get the point across?
    thats what he deserves for the new indiana jones :p
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    gotten my balls waxed.

you really DO love the rainforests!

that made me giggle.