Options

The Truth About The Current State of Islam...

NCfanNCfan Posts: 945
edited August 2006 in A Moving Train
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Jammin909Jammin909 Posts: 888
    Good article. No other group of people are blowing up planes, trains, and busses.

I have been to both Turkey and Egypt and they are great countries with great people, but the rest of the Muslim has some serious problems and are cuasing problems in the Middle East, Europe, Africa, and America.

Enough political correctness...
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • Options
    NMyTreeNMyTree Posts: 2,412
    Jammin909 wrote:
    Good article. No other group of people are blowing up planes, trains, and busses.

I have been to both Turkey and Egypt and they are great countries with great people, but the rest of the Muslim has some serious problems and are cuasing problems in the Middle East, Europe, Africa, and America.

Well, while I agree with most points here- America and other countries are guilty of the same crap; not just now, but in the past, also.
  • Options
    MrBrianMrBrian Posts: 2,673
    Jammin909 wrote:

I could've sworn america just blew up a few cars and buildings in iraq, oh and israel took out some homes,busses blah blah blah. But state terrorism and murder done by those groups don't count as much, blowing up "planes, trains and busses" bad, invading and blowing up countries (iraq,lebanon) good.
  • Options
    miller8966miller8966 Posts: 1,452
    MrBrian wrote:
    I could've sworn america just blew up a few cars and buildings in iraq, oh and israel took out some homes,busses blah blah blah. But state terrorism and murder done by those groups don't count as much, blowing up "planes, trains and busses" bad, invading and blowing up countries (iraq,lebanon) good.

Yesb ecause getting rid of the dictatorship of iraq is the same as targetting innocent civilians in the name of the terrorist prophet mohammed.
    America...the greatest Country in the world.
  • Options
    miller8966 wrote:
    Yesb ecause getting rid of the dictatorship of iraq is the same as targetting innocent civilians in the name of the terrorist prophet mohammed.

Terrorist prophet Mohammad eh?
  • Options
    Terrorist prophet Mohammad eh?

Yea...i wouldnt have him over for dinner if he somehow "came back"
  • Options
    miller8966 wrote:
    Yea...i wouldnt have him over for dinner if he somehow "came back"

Be funny if he did....
  • Options
    Be funny if he did....

Better chance of jesuse coming back than mohammed....he was alot nicer of a person
  • Options
    miller8966 wrote:
    Better chance of jesuse coming back than mohammed....he was alot nicer of a person

Nah they are both good people..... too bad they have idiots who follow both of them..."claiming killing in God's name"..nope they are both good just the morons who believe they are doing their will give them both a bad name....however I see them as good moral teachers...I see a minority of their followers as fools....
  • Options
    MrBrian wrote:

Correct and I do not agree with the current "war on terror" but there is at least some purpose to it, as convoluted as the reasoning is...(freedom to the iraqi people and israel's right to exist)

Crashing planes into buildings, blowing up trains, and subways has no higher purpose except to cuase panic and destruction.
  • Options
    Jammin909 wrote:
    Correct and I do not agree with the current "war on terror" but there is at least some purpose to it, as convoluted as the reasoning is...(freedom to the iraqi people and israel's right to exist)

Crashing planes into buildings, blowing up trains, and subways has no higher purpose except to cuase panic and destruction.

But when civilian infrastructure is attacked through use of airplanes and sophisticated weaponary its deemed necessary because it is war?

Both sides use dirty tactics and as usual the innocent pay the price.....
  • Options
    But when civilian infrastructure is attacked through use of airplanes and sophisticated weaponary its deemed necessary because it is war?

Both sides use dirty tactics and as usual the innocent pay the price.....

If a war must be waged and the enemy hides in civilian housing I dont know what the alternative is. You start making decisions based on the potential impact; do you bomb a building killing 20 innocent people along with 10 "bad guys" who are planning to kill 50 innocent if they live another day?
  • Options
    Human TideHuman Tide Posts: 318
    miller8966 wrote:

Hey miller, does the Koran say anything about Jesus?
  • Options
    miller8966 wrote:

kids say the darnest things....
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    excuse me but wasn't it Pakistan, a muslim country, that help thwart these latest attempts?
    As for causing trouble in this world, i'm with Mel Gibson on this one.
  • Options
    enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,926
    In Islam, Jesus is one of the central prophets, as well as miracle worker (always called Isa). He is metioned several times in the Koran, as both a prophet and a messenger, and as the son of Mary. Just like it is in Christianity, Mary is a virgin, but Jesus is created in her womb (3,42), in the same manner as God creates whatever he wants. But never is he depicted as the son of God (4,169) but is compared to Adam, the first man (3,52). Jesus and his mother Mary is made as a "a sign unto the worlds" (21,91).

According to the Koran, Jesus was never crucified, but has been taken to heaven by God (4,156). From this we could understand that in worldly terms Jesus was crucified, but in divine terms, this was only something that the Jews, as the responsible part, believed. In the Koran Jesus is also called Messiah (3.40), but there is no special meaning connected to his other name, like what we find in the Bible. Neither the Koran nor the Bible speak of any other as being the Messiah, though. In the Koran, Jesus is a special messenger of Allah, a prophet.

Jesus has disciples, but their allegiance is to God alone, yet they follow Jesus. Already as a newborn child, Jesus made a miracle, he stated to the family of Mary when they accused her of promiscuity, that he was the servant of God, that he was a messenger of Text as well as a prophet (19,31).

Jesus plays a small role in Islamic theology, except from belonging to a line of prophets, from which Muhammad is still the most recent. But Jesus promises that there would come a messenger that would confirm the Law, a man called Ahmad (61,6).

Muhammad also speaks of the resurrection of Jesus (Isa)
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Nah they are both good people..... too bad they have idiots who follow both of them..."claiming killing in God's name"..nope they are both good just the morons who believe they are doing their will give them both a bad name....however I see them as good moral teachers...I see a minority of their followers as fools....

I'm not so sure we need moral teachers besides our parents, if parents are doing the job then probably most kids will turn out OK. I suspect that thier is so much hatred toward the west in Muslim countries it is instilled in the children from such an early age that we have such an up hill battle against them.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I'm sorry, but miller, do you ALWAYS have to be hateful?
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V