Swastika And Eddie Vedder...

jeremyjeremy Posts: 409
edited May 2008 in The Porch
last night i was watching ''immagine in cornice'' (once more)..
and during ''blood''..(time-1:00:03) a swastika ''came out'' on eddie's back..obviously it's some strange t-shirt logo..but it's a a funny thing to see..

(boredom gives birth to strange posts-threads..:-)))
''walk the bridges before you burn them down...''
and always remember ''it's no crime to escape!!!"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• danedane Posts: 1,062
    jeremy wrote:
    and during ''blood''..(time-1:00:03) a swastika ''came out'' on eddie's back..obviously it's some strange t-shirt logo..but it's a a funny thing to see..

Didn't notice that. But I suddenly feel the urge to spend the rest of the afternoon on the couch! ;)

It's propably a T-shirt he has worn a few times before. If it's the one I think it is, it has a red cross over it and the words "Ban gestapo tactics!". It has been debated here earlier.
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • wwfairfieldwwfairfield Posts: 216
    prolly why pearl jam will never , ever, play israel
  • JamilyManJamilyMan Posts: 240
    there have been many, many threads about this since the release of that dvd. It is an anti-nazi shirt - really not a big deal. Some of the older threads got interesting... you might want to check them out
    For those who scoff at "Jamily" in my name... 9 years ago, when my first daughter was born there were jokes about whether my priority would be my family or PJ. I smiled and quipped "I am a JamilyMan." What was a family joke became a hated term among jammers. Didn't see that one coming!
  • Eliot RosewaterEliot Rosewater Posts: 2,659
    prolly why pearl jam will never , ever, play israel
    lmao...nice :D
  • Strangest TribeStrangest Tribe Posts: 2,502
    It's a Dead Kennedys t-shirt....

Nazi Punks---Fuck Off, was a single the DK's released back in the day.

It was a statement against "punks" whose mentality was racism, homophobic, and antagonism.

Yes.. It's an anti Nazi shirt.
    the Minions
    Not that I want to turn this into a great big discussion about symbolism, but I just watched the scene from Immagine that the original poster is refering to.
    The swastika on Eddie's back isn't turned like the ones the nazi's used/uses. It's "upright", like the symbol used by Hindus. Also I can't see that there's any cross thruogh it. I haven't seen this Dead Kennedys shirt or followed the previous threads, but I'm just thinking that maybe it's not anti-nazi, but more Pro-Hindu?
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    jeremy wrote:

I remember that shirt. I also remember thinking that I was sure he wore it because he actually knew where the swastika came from.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Also A big Buddhist symbol.

I think it goes the opposite ways with the lines.
  • tph987tph987 Posts: 14
    he wore that shirt at the 2006 new jersey continental show night one,, always wondered what the shirt meant, cool
    Go Mets
    dharma69 wrote:
    I remember that shirt. I also remember thinking that I was sure he wore it because he actually knew where the swastika came from.

Of course he knows that it's from the pre-war Carlsberg labels! ;)
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • yellowbirdyellowbird Posts: 184
    jeremy wrote:

my son just brought this to my attention a couple weeks ago.
    it does look a bit strange, but i'm sure it's all good. right ed?
  • Mpcook18Mpcook18 Posts: 6
    Ed has most definitely earned the benefit of the doubt by now.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,152
    what a weird necrobump
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,367
    12 year old thread