Options

Israel started this....

Eliot RosewaterEliot Rosewater Posts: 2,684
edited July 2006 in A Moving Train
Sorry, I just got so goddamn sick and tired of seeing that "Hezbollah started this" bullshit thread that is clearly misrepresenting the truth.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,117
    Sorry, I just got so goddamn sick and tired of seeing that "Hezbollah started this" bullshit thread that is clearly misrepresenting the truth.

and the USA is doing nothing to stop them. In fact, we sell Israel their weapons, and provide funding for 20% of their military.....

so.....

In essence, the USA is attacking Lebanon too.
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.  5-10-2024 Portland.  5-30-2024 Seattle.
  • Options
    Milestone wrote:
    and the USA is doing nothing to stop them. In fact, we sell Israel their weapons, and provide funding for 20% of their military.....

so.....

In essence, the USA is attacking Lebanon too.
    Exactly how I've felt all along. Of course, that apparently makes me a U.S.A.-hating piece of shit, but whatever.
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917

Its an oversimplification of the truth, perhaps, but its not a misrepresentation.
  • Options
    Jammin909Jammin909 Posts: 888
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • Options
    shirazshiraz Posts: 528

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_Israel-Lebanon_conflict

Its not biased and easy to read. BTW, you should read my last post in that thread, I've just post it. its a nice conversation between me and a lebanese civilian called ruud.
  • Options
    RockinInCanadaRockinInCanada Posts: 2,016
    shiraz wrote:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_Israel-Lebanon_conflict

Its not biased and easy to read. BTW, you should read my last post in that thread, I've just post it. its a nice conversation between me and a lebanese civilian called ruud.

Its you and Ruud that are the people I worry about...innocents whose lives are being toyed with by the violent selfish actions of a few on both sides....the murderous cycle has got to end....
  • Options
    shirazshiraz Posts: 528
    Its you and Ruud that are the people I worry about...innocents whose lives are being toyed with by the violent selfish actions of a few on both sides....the murderous cycle has got to end....

Well, if some people [1] around here (and around the world) stoped being such one-sided, demagogic and full with hate, they would:

1. note our (Ruud & I) conversation.
    2. Learn somthing out of it - people who actually live here (the mid-east)know better than you. We don't need too many biased & stupid articles, we don't need you to take one side, we don't need a constant reminders of what our govt are doing or not, we don't need to be attacked with all kinds of demagogic expressions.

We just need you to litsen instead of reading what you want to read, and assuming what you like to assume. If Ruud & I can litsen to each other, then you can all be able litsening to us.

[1] I'm not talking about you.
  • Options
    RockinInCanadaRockinInCanada Posts: 2,016
    shiraz wrote:
    Well, if some people [1] around here (and around the world) stoped being such one-sided, demagogic and full with hate, they would:

1. note our (Ruud & I) conversation.
    2. Learn somthing out of it - people who actually live here (the mid-east)know better than you. We don't need too many biased & stupid articles, we don't need you to take one side, we don't need a constant reminders of what our govt are doing or not, we don't need to be attacked with all kinds of demagogic expressions.

We just need you to litsen instead of reading what you want to read, and assuming what you like to assume. If Ruud & I can litsen to each other, then you can all be able litsening to us.

[1] I'm not talking about you.

Thanks....at least you dont have the nerve to say I follow Nazi philosophy....which is complete and utter bullshit....but anyway like I said I just want the murderous cycle to end and that includes members from both sides making concessions to ensure this gets done....
  • Options
    hailhailkchailhailkc Posts: 582

Do you have a patent on the truth? You must have been there, right? I mean let's forget that this has been going on for thousands and thousands of years…and let's just skip ahead and hear your first person account of the events that led up to this recent fighting. After all, to make such a claim, you MUST have been there in person for all of it.

So, let's hear it.
    MOSSAD NATO Alphabet Stations (E10)
    High Traffic ART EZI FTJ JSR KPA PCD SYN ULX VLB YHF
    Low Traffic CIO MIW
    Non Traffic ABC BAY FDU GBZ HNC NDP OEM ROV TMS ZWL
  • Options
    rightonduderightondude Posts: 745
    Jammin909 wrote:

Oh....they must be renovating I guess.
  • Options
    dkst0426dkst0426 Posts: 523
    Jammin909 wrote:

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20060725/i/r2610056732.jpg

And that's an Israeli family.

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20060725/i/r1753066374.jpg

And that's Israeli blood.

It's sickening from both sides, so claiming one end as worse than the other is disingenuous.
  • Options

So what exactly started this particular conflagration other than the Hezbollah crossing the agreed-upon border and kidnapping an Israeli national? Please do "represent the truth" for me.
  • Options
    dkst0426 wrote:
    http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20060725/i/r2610056732.jpg

And that's an Israeli family.

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20060725/i/r1753066374.jpg

And that's Israeli blood.

It's sickening from both sides, so claiming one end as worse than the other is disingenuous.

Well in the first one, it looks like daddy is a cop and they're going for a walk.

In the second one, it looks like the guy stopped to talk to the cameraman and the meat (or something) in the guys grocery bag leaked on the sidewalk. It does lead right up to his feet.... Oh man, some of the WEAKEST pics I've ever seen :D
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    People started this.
  • Options
    Well in the first one, it looks like daddy is a cop and they're going for a walk.

In the second one, it looks like the guy stopped to talk to the cameraman and the meat (or something) in the guys grocery bag leaked on the sidewalk. It does lead right up to his feet.... Oh man, some of the WEAKEST pics I've ever seen :D
    About as weak as using one isolated picture to build a case against one side of an armed conflict. All a matter of perception, isn't it?
  • Options
    hailhailkc wrote:
    Do you have a patent on the truth? You must have been there, right? I mean let's forget that this has been going on for thousands and thousands of years…and let's just skip ahead and hear your first person account of the events that led up to this recent fighting. After all, to make such a claim, you MUST have been there in person for all of it.

So, let's hear it.
    You said it very well. Thousands and thousands of years. Now tell me, hailhailkc, how long has Hezbollah ben aoround?
  • Options
    Another sick twist to this ordeal is that the U.S. is now sending more troops to Iraq. Nice timing to shift the media to this other bullshit, right? No wonder Condi wouldn't push for a ceasefire....that would leave room in the media to cover Iraq again and the fact that 100 civilians are being killed every single day and now by sending even more troops we're intensifying the problem.
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    dkst0426 wrote:
    So what exactly started this particular conflagration other than the Hezbollah crossing the agreed-upon border and kidnapping an Israeli national? Please do "represent the truth" for me.

The latest chapter of the conflict between Israel and Palestine began when Israeli forces abducted two civilians, a doctor and his brother, from Gaza. An incident scarcely reported anywhere, except in the Turkish press. The following day the Palestinians took an Israeli soldier prisoner - and proposed a negotiated exchange against prisoners taken by the Israelis - there are approximately 10,000 in Israeli jails.
  • Options
    danmacdanmac Posts: 387
    hailhailkc wrote:

So, let's hear it.

I asked you another thread, where and what does it say that this has been going on for thousdands of years? You jump from thread to thread spouting ill educated bollocks, yet provide no facts to support your blatant war mongering stance.

Pathetic.
    A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects
    are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider
    god-fearing and pious: Aristotle

Viva Zapatista!
  • Options
    jsandjsand Posts: 646

It's true in the sense that since the modern state of Israel's inception, it has been repeatedly attacked by its Arab neighbors.
  • Options
    danmac wrote:
    I asked you another thread, where and what does it say that this has been going on for thousdands of years? You jump from thread to thread spouting ill educated bollocks, yet provide no facts to support your blatant war mongering stance.

Pathetic.

Anyone with half an education and some historical knowledge realizes that this conflict between the Jews and Arabs has been going on since pretty much the beginning of time. Look it up. I don't have to prove myself to you. However, since you're so upset that I can't answer your every question at your beck and call, here's the proof you wanted about the Iranian leader saying that he thinks Israel should be "wiped off the map". You wanted it, here it is. First paragraph.

http://www.iht.com/articles/2005/10/26/news/iran.php
    Low Traffic CIO MIW
  • Options
    You said it very well. Thousands and thousands of years. Now tell me, hailhailkc, how long has Hezbollah ben aoround?

I wasn't talking about just Hezzbollah specifically. So, were you there in person or not?
    Low Traffic CIO MIW
  • Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    This hasn't been happening for thousands of years. This has been happening since 1937. I've gone up and down every side of this conflict a few dozen times. Yes, it's true arabs have constantly attacked Israel. Yes, it's true Islamic extremists recruit using propaganda and launch suicide attacks against israel. Yes, it's true that Israel was an illegal state in it's creation, violating internional law. Yes, it's true that Israel has occupied and slaughtered countless territories.

I'm 99% sure that Hezbollah is funded by Syria and/or Iran. It's possible even Russia or China has a hand in it somewhere. I'm 99% sure that Hezbollah wants Arabs out of jail. I'm 99% sure Israel uses White Phosphorus, Depleted Uranium and something like Mustard Gas against palestinians and now Lebanon.

I've constantly posted links to sources during my research. I've given critical thought to the conflict and drawn some pretty clear conclusions. It really doesn't matter if you are there or not, I appreciate the first-person perspective, but it's not solid evidence. I prefer things like government statements, news articles and video footage. Even news articles, ehh, if I can find something else to back them up, like a university website or something, government documents, anything.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    The latest chapter of the conflict between Israel and Palestine began when Israeli forces abducted two civilians, a doctor and his brother, from Gaza. An incident scarcely reported anywhere, except in the Turkish press.
    Hmm, I'm actually curious to find out more about that. Got a source?
    prisoners taken by the Israelis - there are approximately 10,000 in Israeli jails.
    Many of whom were detained within Israel for suspicion of involvement in Hezbollah-related activities.
  • Options
    Israel didn't start the fire
    It was always burning
    since the world's been turning
    Israel didn't start the fire
    No they didn't light it
    But they tried to fight it...

Next time you see an Israeli soldier or the opposition hezzy/hamassies, ala-slamai peanut butter sandwich, walk up to them, pull out a smoke, offer them one and ask them for a light... :D

They all carry fire of some sort...
  • Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    dkst0426 wrote:
    Many of whom were detained within Israel for suspicion of involvement in Hezbollah-related activities.

Wow, getting arrested for suspicion, welcome to the prison planet. Thank you, your cell is the third one on the right. Don't worry, we have plenty of ignorant slaves to pay for all this.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    dkst0426 wrote:
    About as weak as using one isolated picture to build a case against one side of an armed conflict. All a matter of perception, isn't it?

wha?? do your eyes function ok? I saw nothing overly out of the ordinary other than Mr. "Daddy Gun and badge" - being a cop. - (also reminds me of Daddigon... a great bredrin of mine)

The need for the existence of police. Bah!

Download this mp3: to hear respects to Daddigon: (excellent song if you follow the lyrics btw)
    why not learn some Jamaican Patois?
    http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/seanpaul/nevergonnabethesame.html

http://www.daddigon.com/
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    This hasn't been happening for thousands of years. This has been happening since 1937. I've gone up and down every side of this conflict a few dozen times. Yes, it's true arabs have constantly attacked Israel. Yes, it's true Islamic extremists recruit using propaganda and launch suicide attacks against israel. Yes, it's true that Israel was an illegal state in it's creation, violating internional law. Yes, it's true that Israel has occupied and slaughtered countless territories.

I'm 99% sure that Hezbollah is funded by Syria and/or Iran. It's possible even Russia or China has a hand in it somewhere. I'm 99% sure that Hezbollah wants Arabs out of jail. I'm 99% sure Israel uses White Phosphorus, Depleted Uranium and something like Mustard Gas against palestinians and now Lebanon.

I've constantly posted links to sources during my research. I've given critical thought to the conflict and drawn some pretty clear conclusions. It really doesn't matter if you are there or not, I appreciate the first-person perspective, but it's not solid evidence. I prefer things like government statements, news articles and video footage. Even news articles, ehh, if I can find something else to back them up, like a university website or something, government documents, anything.

actually it didn't start in 1937.
    i'd love to know why you picked 1937 as the start-date for this conflict, since the only notable thing i can think of from that year is the peel commission partition plan. but this wasn't the first proposed partition plan or even the second. so what makes 1937 such an important year?
    it's not when the violence started.
    the first large-scale violent acts took place in 1920 when british authorities incited the arabs to riot and attack jews in jerusalem. they continued to do that throughout the 20's.
    if you know so little about palestine before israel was created, maybe that explains why you're so off the mark in your analysis of israel's creation.

can i see a bibliography of your "research" please?
    Anti Zionism is not Anti Semitism

Most antizionists are antisemites
  • Options
    sourdoughsourdough Posts: 579
    As far as my understanding goes, during the Ottoman Empire (which existed for a very long time) Jews were treated quite well within a Muslim society relative to their experience in Europe. They weren't really equals, and were only allowed to live within Jewish enclaves but within those areas they operated with quite a bit of free autonomy, religious freedom and even a bit of representation (not much granted). I'm not saying it was great, but not open war or and not horribly mistreated. They were give about the same amount of rights as the Christians. Can anyone contradict this?
  • Options
    sourdough wrote:
    As far as my understanding goes, during the Ottoman Empire (which existed for a very long time) Jews were treated quite well within a Muslim society relative to their experience in Europe. They weren't really equals, and were only allowed to live within Jewish enclaves but within those areas they operated with quite a bit of free autonomy, religious freedom and even a bit of representation (not much granted). I'm not saying it was great, but not open war or and not horribly mistreated. They were give about the same amount of rights as the Christians. Can anyone contradict this?

and there were fewer lynchings before the civil war.

under muslim rule, jews were tolerated as long as it suited the rulers. there were massacres, just not as frequent as in europe.
    we don't feel like being 2nd class citizens, thank you.
    Anti Zionism is not Anti Semitism

Most antizionists are antisemites