Options

ronald reagon/alzheimers

The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
edited August 2006 in A Moving Train
a friend told me recently that ronald reagon had alzheimer's disease DURING his preidency, but it was kept a secret. i was pretty young when he was president, so i don't remember much about it. but she told me it would take 30 seconds for him to answer a question. apparently he just looked and acted very presidential and that's how he got elected. he was a perfect puppet president. true??
Another habit says it's in love with you
Another habit says its long overdue
Another habit like an unwanted friend
I'm so happy with my righteous self
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    aBoxOfFear wrote:
    a friend told me recently that ronald reagon had alzheimer's disease DURING his preidency, but it was kept a secret. i was pretty young when he was president, so i don't remember much about it. but she told me it would take 30 seconds for him to answer a question. apparently he just looked and acted very presidential and that's how he got elected. he was a perfect puppet president. true??
    I think the only presidents who weren't 'puppet presidents' were assassinated. But it sounds like your friend has a funny idea for an SNL skit....
  • Options
    angelicaangelica Posts: 6,053
    Starting to display memory loss is different than being a full-blown puppet President.
    "The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." ~ Niels Bohr

http://www.myspace.com/illuminatta

Rhinocerous Surprise '08!!!
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    I think the only presidents who weren't 'puppet presidents' were assassinated. But it sounds like your friend has a funny idea for an SNL skit....

Really? Lincoln, kennedy? I wouldn't have classed these people as puppets.
    On the subject of mentally ill Presidents, I wonder if Dubya is suffering from mental retardation? :confused:
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    On the subject of mentally ill Presidents, I wonder if Dubya is suffering from mental retardation? :confused:

I have wondered if W is smarter than we think he is...honestly acting like a complete ignoramus may actually work.
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    angelica wrote:
    Starting to display memory loss is different than being a full-blown puppet President.

no it isn't. if those in his administration kept his alzheimer's a secret from the american public, what does that tell you?? obviously you don't want someone with alzheimer's as the leader of the free world. and if he wasn't calling the shots, someone else was, which makes reagon a puppet.
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    No, I'm saying that Lincoln and Kennedy weren't puppets......but obviously couldn't live to tell about it.
  • Options
    No, I'm saying that Lincoln and Kennedy weren't puppets......but obviously couldn't live to tell about it.

i don't think clinton was a puppet, either. he was too smart.
  • Options
    aBoxOfFear wrote:
    Well, even the smartest of folks can be held up by strings....it's the strength of one's heart that cuts them, not their brain. While Clinton is extremely intelligent, and while his specific motivations may vary from dubya's, he was still pleasing the people in power to get what he wanted. I'm not convinced he had his heart into his work.
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037

O.k, sorry. Mis-read ya!
  • Options
    aBoxOfFear wrote:

He looked and acted very presidential and that's how he got elected. That is the stupidest thing I have heard today. The people I have met with Alzheimer's disease would have a pretty rough time looking and acting presidential. I would love to know where your source got this information, because it just seems really ridiculous.
  • Options
    He looked and acted very presidential and that's how he got elected. That is the stupidest thing I have heard today. The people I have met with Alzheimer's disease would have a pretty rough time looking and acting presidential. I would love to know where your source got this information, because it just seems really ridiculous.

i didn't say that he had full-blown alzheimers when he was in office. i just said he had symptoms and was in the early stages, perhaps??? it's like someone said about their grandmother having it and he/she could think of early warning signs of it. i don't think it's a disease you get overnight. it developes over time. so i was just asking if reagon had shown signs of it while he was still in office. but remember, the man was 69 years old when he was elected president. he's the oldest person ever elected to the presidency. that prolly didn't help, either. shit, people retire at 65, wtf was he doing running the country?? shoulda been fishing or something.
  • Options
    my wife works with kids with mental disabilities. she pegs dubya's IQ at around 80.

yes, i'm serious. she has a PhD. and she is dead serious too. the guy is an embarassment.

i heard forrest gump is his favorite movie.
  • Options
    aBoxOfFear wrote:

Except when his libido came into play
    We can evade reality, but we cannot evade the consequences of evading reality. - Ayn Rand
  • Options
    Except when his libido came into play

he had a puppet penis??
  • Options
    aBoxOfFear wrote:
    angelica wrote:
    no it isn't. if those in his administration kept his alzheimer's a secret from the american public, what does that tell you?? obviously you don't want someone with alzheimer's as the leader of the free world. and if he wasn't calling the shots, someone else was, which makes reagon a puppet.

I've been around people with the beginnings of memory loss. They can be quite competent on very many things, and in my opinion are far from being puppets.

"If" is a very important word..."if those in his administration...." The possibility of something is quite different than a fact.
    "The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." ~ Niels Bohr

• Options
    angelica wrote:
    I've been around people with the beginnings of memory loss. They can be quite competent on very many things, and in my opinion are far from being puppets.

with all due respect, the people you've "been around" weren't in charge of running their country, were they?? in my opinion, that might not be a good combination. ;)
  • Options
    aBoxOfFear wrote:
    with all due respect, the people you've "been around" weren't in charge of running their country, were they?? in my opinion, that might not be a good combination. ;)
    The point is, forgetting a few words of a speech and forgetting the concept and the underlying problem the speech refers to are very important distinctions to grasp in such a topic. One is not a big deal, the other would be.

• Options
    angelica wrote:
    The point is, forgetting a few words of a speech and forgetting the concept and the underlying problem the speech refers to are very important distinctions to grasp in such a topic. One is not a big deal, the other would be.

well, hopefully he had his wits about him. :)