Options

Tony Blair: World-Class A-Hole

TruthmongerTruthmonger Posts: 559
edited June 2007 in A Moving Train
Oh, if only I believed in capital punishment......TB would be swinging from the end of a noose. On top of everything else that's been revealed about him in the last several years, we now get this nugget wherein HE KNEW BEFOREHAND Bush had no virtually no post-war planning in Iraq and that he sent British troops anyway - like the spineless, negligent, inconsiderate, sychophantic fuck that he is.

Tony Blair to me has been a colossal failure as a Prime Minister. Why he isn't in jail right now is astounding to me.

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,,2104966,00.html
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Oh, if only I believed in capital punishment......TB would be swinging from the end of a noose. On top of everything else that's been revealed about him in the last several years, we now get this nugget wherein HE KNEW BEFOREHAND Bush had no virtually no post-war planning in Iraq and that he sent British troops anyway - like the spineless, negligent, inconsiderate, sychophantic fuck that he is.

Tony Blair to me has been a colossal failure as a Prime Minister. Why he isn't in jail right now is astounding to me.

Apparently there's talk of him being the next head of the UN or something, last I heard. :(

I still don't understand how a government that has committed tons of funding to address social exclusion issues in the UK (for what its worth), he could go to war like this with another country, with such little evidence etc. It's always seemed incongruent to me.

This war cockup is his legacy and will be what he is remembered for.
    "We have to change the concept of patriotism to one of “matriotism” — love of humanity that transcends war. A matriarch would never send her own children off to wars that kill other people’s children." Cindy Sheehan
    ---
    London, Brixton, 14 July 1993
    London, Wembley, 1996
    London, Wembley, 18 June 2007
    London, O2, 18 August 2009
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 31 July 2012
    Milton Keynes Bowl, 11 July 2014
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 06 June 2017
    London, O2, 18 June 2018
    London, O2, 17 July 2018
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 09 June 2019
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 10 June 2019

• Options
    fragileblakefragileblake Posts: 716
    I was talking to a british friend of mine and he seems to think that Tony Blair is his country's Lyndon B Johnson. An interesting analogy I'd be inclined to agree with.
  • Options

Who know's what goes through Blair's mind?

Most people can't stand Brown but I can't wait until he takes over Tony Blair. People say he is quiet and boring but I think he will give TB a run for his money.