Options

what does god and mushrooms have in common?????

melodiousmelodious Posts: 1,719
edited August 2006 in A Moving Train
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/gate/archive/2006/08/04/notes080406.DTL

interesting article sent by a friend....

i understand that lengthy article consumes resources, so i thought i'd put this out for those who may be interested...extracted from San Francisco Chronicle......
all insanity:
a derivitive of nature.
nature is god
god is love
love is light
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    i have a friend that used to be a HUGE pothead. i saw him a few years ago and he was totally different, he was a freaking bible freak. i'm talking the kind of guy that goes like 5 nights a week. i asked him what happened, he told me he was tripping on acid one night and jesus spoke to him so he changed his life around. pretty freakin weird, but i guess he's better off for it.
  • Options
    hodgehodge Posts: 519
    mushrooms have definitely made me a better human being

you can learn a lot about yourself, life and the universe if you use them as a tool to introspect as opposed to just getting 'fucked up' for a couple of hours and then forgetting about it the next day

i definitely recommend taking them outside in nature when you do it... the way you look at the world afterwards will forever be changed but for the better in my opinion.

they certainly open your eyes and make you think, "holy shit...my brain is capable of all this?!?!"
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • Options
    PaperPlatesPaperPlates Posts: 1,745
    You'll see dragons after three or four, I say YEAH!!!
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    LazLaz Posts: 118
    i have a friend that used to be a HUGE pothead. i saw him a few years ago and he was totally different, he was a freaking bible freak. i'm talking the kind of guy that goes like 5 nights a week. i asked him what happened, he told me he was tripping on acid one night and jesus spoke to him so he changed his life around. pretty freakin weird, but i guess he's better off for it.

what exactly is a 'freaking bible freak?' is that a good thing or a bad thing?
  • Options
    Laz wrote:

LOL, bad choice of words maybe..but thats about the best way to sum him up. the guy cut his hair short, spends about 5 nights a week at church, plays guitar in the church band, tells me how the world is going to end soon because of the euro (one world currency)...all because he had a bad trip.
  • Options
    LOL, bad choice of words maybe..but thats about the best way to sum him up. the guy cut his hair short, spends about 5 nights a week at church, plays guitar in the church band, tells me how the world is going to end soon because of the euro (one world currency)...all because he had a bad trip.

so to summarize, a bible freak is one who:
    1. cuts his hair short (how short? shoulder length? buzz? fade?)
    2. at least 5 nights a week at church (the horror!!!)
    3. plays an instrument in the church band (pref. guitar but also applies to keyboards, piano, bass, drums, sticks, spoons and cowbell)
    4. is conspiratorial towards the euro and one world currencies (i.e. has read the book of Revelation)

thanks man now i know what to watch out for ;)
  • Options
    melodiousmelodious Posts: 1,719
    Laz wrote:
    great question
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    hodge wrote:
    mushrooms have definitely made me a better human being

you can learn a lot about yourself, life and the universe if you use them as a tool to introspect as opposed to just getting 'fucked up' for a couple of hours and then forgetting about it the next day

i definitely recommend taking them outside in nature when you do it... the way you look at the world afterwards will forever be changed but for the better in my opinion.

they certainly open your eyes and make you think, "holy shit...my brain is capable of all this?!?!"
    Well that's fantastic. Can't wait to get off probation so I can find God.
  • Options
    WMAWMA Posts: 175
    I knew a guy that the same thing happened to. Trip= found God.

Later he stole a couple of guitars from me while I was at work... Before I knew it was him he told me "God is testing you". Later I realized that he didn't find God, but thought he WAS God. My roommate who was complicit had no such excuse.

Moral of the story? ...don't trust drug user friends ;)
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Laz wrote:
    so to summarize, a bible freak is one who:
    1. cuts his hair short (how short? shoulder length? buzz? fade?)
    2. at least 5 nights a week at church (the horror!!!)
    3. plays an instrument in the church band (pref. guitar but also applies to keyboards, piano, bass, drums, sticks, spoons and cowbell)
    4. is conspiratorial towards the euro and one world currencies (i.e. has read the book of Revelation)

thanks man now i know what to watch out for ;)

but if you go to Church 5 times a week..and worry about the Euro more than Bush....well there should be some concern....
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    callen wrote:
    but if you go to Church 5 times a week..and worry about the Euro more than Bush....well there should be some concern....

why shouldn't I worry more about the Euro than a British Nirvana knock-off?