Options

tired of talking about war? well...then, maybe u can help me out

melodiousmelodious Posts: 1,719
edited July 2006 in A Moving Train
I was wondering if anyone here has any links or info saved up about the effects of cannabis on children. i read an article a while back talkling about rastafarian culture and how cannabis is introduced to children at young ages....fyi...i am not endoctrinated by american dea theory that it stifles growth and burns brain cells...i am seeking this info so that i write an essay for my argumentation class...thanks jammers....
all insanity:
a derivitive of nature.
nature is god
god is love
love is light
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    rightonduderightondude Posts: 745
    melodious wrote:
    I was wondering if anyone here has any links or info saved up about the effects of cannabis on children. i read an article a while back talkling about rastafarian culture and how cannabis is introduced to children at young ages....fyi...i am not endoctrinated by american dea theory that it stifles growth and burns brain cells...i am seeking this info so that i write an essay for my argumentation class...thanks jammers....

Sorry I have no links off the top of my head, however, I imagine anything like that while the body is still developing might not be the best

However I would'nt be surprised it the effects are very minimal if kept moderate. It is a natural weed after all.
  • Options
    so, i'm wondering how people would feel about using cannabis instead of other drugs for conditions such as ADHD, or depression, etc......i am hunting for this article i read in cannabis culture or high times a while back here in my home, but the more information the better...

for myself, as far as not having proof, i feel that ganja can be used constructively with everybody at every age..i know also that women in rasta cultures use it for chidbearing...so, if a mom can ingest while delivering and post partum breast feeding, then it probably calms the baby after traumatic passing of birth canal....(there is an article i have right here; right now; but it's in hard copy from a past dated cannabis culture magazine...).

i wonder why people limit the practicality of cannabis to getting high....maybe that's another good question.....tx..RoD......;)
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    I'm sure the results would be very positive. It doesn't have to be smoked. It can be made into butter and baked in chocolate chip cookies, brownies, chocolate. You can barely notice it. Mild doses would do wonders. It's a very different buzz when you eat it.

You see if it was legalized a lot of people would realize they don't need to buy all these expensive over the counter and perscription medecines.

Weed will put you in touch with your body and help you look inside it. If something is wrong, ie. your kidneys, heart, bowels, lungs, your perspective will change and you will notice something and tune in to that sensation inside you. Any wisdom you obtain from this new perspective transcends the high and helps tell you what you need to do i.e. smoke less cigarettes, drink more water, brush your teeth, lose weight, or excersize, from your heightened observations.

There's nothing bad about that!
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    You see if it was legalized a lot of people would realize they don't need to buy all these expensive over the counter and perscription medecines.

And that may be part of the problem.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    I'm sure the results would be very positive. It doesn't have to be smoked. It can be made into butter and baked in chocolate chip cookies, brownies, chocolate. You can barely notice it. Mild doses would do wonders. It's a very different buzz when you eat it.
    what is it like when you ingest? how much and what is the length of its effect?
    why do i think you are playing with me???
    If something is wrong, ie. your kidneys, heart, bowels, lungs, your perspective will change and you will notice something and tune in to that sensation inside you.
    can you please elaborate here? i don't quite understand; does your commentary mean that you will notice differences and then transcend, or does one already have a pre-conceived knowledge of particular alilments?
    Any wisdom you obtain from this new perspective transcends the high and helps tell you what you need to do i.e. smoke less cigarettes, drink more water, brush your teeth, lose weight, or excersize, from your heightened observations.
    this can occur when a person goes out and works physically in the heat for dayz on end, as well....but from what i've heard that large doses of cannabutter are really hard on kidneys....have you heard anything similar????
    There's nothing bad about that!
    then , why do people who even use cannabis, put limitations to age and developemtn when using it as the multi-faceted remedy that it can be....?????
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    uhhhhh huh...(yep)..that's the biggest part of the problem aye????
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options

What? giving all your money to some huge corporate drug company instead. Are you sure?
  • Options
    melodious wrote:
    what is it like when you ingest? how much and what is the length of its effect?

why do i think you are playing with me???

can you please elaborate here? i don't quite understand; does your commentary mean that you will notice differences and then transcend, or does one already have a pre-conceived knowledge of particular alilments? this can occur when a person goes out and works physically in the heat for dayz on end, as well....but from what i've heard that large doses of cannabutter are really hard on kidneys....have you heard anything similar????

then , why do people who even use cannabis, put limitations to age and developemtn when using it as the multi-faceted remedy that it can be....?????

I'm not playing with you. Herb can cure and compliment a wide range of issues that doctors routinely perscribe drugs for. Drugs in large doses that are even harder on your liver and bowels than THC will be. When you get high you become self aware of what is going on inside you, and if something feels wrong.

When you eat it, you feel more dizzy and whole body buzzed. Similar to Oxyocodone: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxycodone also, herb gives you a fantastic appetite! Pain killers like Oxycodone make you constipated and nauseous. NExt up on the line is morphine pills, then a controlled drip, then eventually a constant drip in the final days of life in the hospital.

If herb is placed in that chain of effacy in terminal cancer treatment i.e palliative care, then why the hell is it illegal again?

Rich corporate greed keeps it illegal that's what...
  • Options
    I'm not playing with you.
    i was kidding....
    Herb can cure and compliment a wide range of issues that doctors routinely perscribe drugs for. Drugs in large doses that are even harder on your liver and bowels than THC will be. When you get high you become self aware of what is going on inside you, and if something feels wrong.
    okay, i'll admit, i have ingested the butter a time or two in my life, funny i think you already know that though...the first time i tried c/b, i actually laid in one space for over 30 hours; i could not move, nor could i talk..it was worse than drinking up shots of liquid/cough syrup....it was extremely hard on my kidneys as i got a really salty taste in my palette. i was naseated that particular time...i am not including that it was probably almost 1/4 lb which had about 1/4 oz of fantastic duff....i stayed away from it for a while and then got curious once again, this time i took a tablespoon's worth, melted in a warm cup of milk with nutmeg and cinammon...and kidneys and other excrement organs didn't have such a tremendous action. sleep....sleep..sleep... finally, i figured that i need only about a teaspoon for my size and it pretty much works for what i need and that is to prevent migraine headaches....if i can get in me before the pain starts, it seems to constrict blood vessels enough to prevent daze of pain...keeps me away from pharmi drugs for migraines......but...can't regulate it enough to ingest and carry on with a work day.....
    When you eat it, you feel more dizzy and whole body buzzed.
    uhhhh huh....i love the next day....;)
    Similar to Oxyocodone: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxycodone also, herb gives you a fantastic appetite! Pain killers like Oxycodone make you constipated and nauseous. NExt up on the line is morphine pills, then a controlled drip, then eventually a constant drip in the final days or life in the hospital.
    oxycodones are no game; stay away please...i cannot belive that doc's even prescribe that stuff...see ya, dude...
    If herb is placed in that chain of effacy in terminal cancer treatment i.e palliative care, then why the hell is it illegal again?

Rich corporate greed keeps it illegal that's what...
    u got a point....
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    Hey all,just wanted to post a little thread on how well Med Mj works
    > and what it has done for my Father just Today.My Father has just been
    > diagnosed with Leukemia and Lymphnode Cancer in the last month.This
    > is a guy who was a Marine tunnel rat in Korea and is the kind of man
    > that wants no help or anything from anyone when he can do it himself
    > (stubborn but in a good way), he had his Legs run over in a Jeep
    > accident in Korea and has been taking Pain meds ever since,(Hes 70)
    > he has never smoked Pot ever and used to get mad at me for stinking
    > up the House when i was a kid.Well lately his pain meds have been
    > doing nothing and when i visit him(Daily) he seems smaller and weaker
    > and just in Pain .Well Today my Mother asks me about Med MJ because
    > she has heard(from Montell and others) that it helps with Pain.Hes so
    > bad i was like Hell yes i wil l roll him one right now.I had to think
    > about what to give him as its Daytime and didnt want to knock him out
    > right now.So i rolled a joint of C99(the fruity tangerine tasting
    > pheno) and i added some Kif from many diff strains that i just let
    > build up.Not even 5 mins later my Mother comes out to the Garage and
    > tells me she cannot even believe what this has done and how fast it
    > worked.So i go inside and he has this little grin on his face like a
    > kid that just did something,lol.He says he can feel it all the way
    > down to his toes and that the pain is gone right now.Hes sooo happy
    > right now and is getting just a little relief it just makes me feel
    > so good.I told him to smoke what he wants and ill bring him a nice
    > Indica(DJ BlueMoonShine) to smoke tonight and if he feels its stil
    > doing good ill make sure hes set.I have been feeling so low seeing
    > how he was in pain w ith no thing i could do(i never thought that this
    > would be an option for him) and now not only has the pain been eased
    > but he seems a little Happy too.Thank you for Med MJ and i hope it
    > makes what little time he has left just a little better,i know it
    > will though and im thankful.It stinks so bad that he has to be a
    > potential criminal because he needs relief that the Government wont
    > help him with! Peace and stay safe

okay, so we got the ederly; but we need to get acceptance for the children....
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    melodious wrote:
    so, i'm wondering how people would feel about using cannabis instead of other drugs for conditions such as ADHD, or depression, etc......i am hunting for this article i read in cannabis culture or high times a while back here in my home, but the more information the better...
    I'll tell you this, weed has FAR less side effects/negetive consequences than the shit those doctors give kids for things like ADHD and depression.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Options
    i need some links to show another site evidence that there position supports centralized thinking that is influenced by negative propaganda...i would use weed as remedy for my child far before i would use a doctor......
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    I personally have yet to see a study about this, but I think you are right on track as far as ADD/ADHD.
    From both, my personal life and professional one, I have noticed that a lot of people who were ADD as kids smoke a lot of pot. Like when I meet new people and they tend to smoke heavy, I will ask them if they were diagnosed ADD as a kid. Almost every time they answer yes.
    I noticed that the kids I worked with who are ADD prefered pot over their ADD medication.
    I started noticing this years ago...and have been asking those people questions for a long time. Its almost 100% that any heavy pot smoker I have met has been diagnosed ADD at some point.

I will bet there are studies that say how it hurts kids, but I doubt anyone has done one about its benefits, mainly cuz it likely does have some negative qualities, but I would bet if a study was done, pot is LESS harmaful than the current drugs they now use for ADD.
    Those drugs are horrible. All they amount to is speed, and we all know speed kills. Speed is worse than pot!
    Save room for dessert!
  • Options
    Heatherj43 wrote:
    I personally have yet to see a study about this, but I think you are right on track as far as ADD/ADHD.
    From both, my personal life and professional one, I have noticed that a lot of people who were ADD as kids smoke a lot of pot. Like when I meet new people and they tend to smoke heavy, I will ask them if they were diagnosed ADD as a kid. Almost every time they answer yes.
    I noticed that the kids I worked with who are ADD prefered pot over their ADD medication.
    I started noticing this years ago...and have been asking those people questions for a long time. Its almost 100% that any heavy pot smoker I have met has been diagnosed ADD at some point.

I will bet there are studies that say how it hurts kids, but I doubt anyone has done one about its benefits, mainly cuz it likely does have some negative qualities, but I would bet if a study was done, pot is LESS harmaful than the current drugs they now use for ADD.
    Those drugs are horrible. All they amount to is speed, and we all know speed kills. Speed is worse than pot!
    wow! heather43, it's too bad you couldn't devise up a questionairre or survey to measure stats.....alcohol is worse than pot....;)
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    My grandpa has nerve problems and my mom, and uncle are trying to convince him to try pot.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V