Options

Anyone else miss the electric guitar on Crazy Mary?

JP2026766JP2026766 Posts: 1,125
edited October 2008 in The Porch
Just listened to this from Jones Beach in 00, and I forgot how much I liked the electric guitar from Stone opposed to his acoustic. Anybody with me?

Mansfield II '08

EV Solo Shows:

NYC I
NJPAC

I. LOVE. YIELD.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Apparently not
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    2009- Toronto, Philly III+IV
    2010- Bristow, Hartford, Boston, Newark
  • Options
    Stone needs to stop playing and drop the acoustic, there is not one song where it makes it better or more melodic, it just seems less energetic.

To date, the songs he has not enhanced with the acoustic:

*Better Man
    *Crazy Mary
    *Black (bring it back if not just for this song)
    *Elderly Woman
    *In My Tree
    *Immortality
    *Who You Are
  • Options
    I agree so much I miss Stone on electric so much especially on black. They really need to play black again with stone on electric, it sounds so much better.
    "Change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks"
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Just listened to this from Jones Beach in 00, and I forgot how much I liked the electric guitar from Stone opposed to his acoustic. Anybody with me?
    Wow. I didn't even realize some were electric and some weren't. I guess I'm a bad fan.. I failed!!!
  • Options

hells yeah i am. the electric guitar and no organ.
  • Options
    TrailerTrailer Posts: 1,431
    Stone needs to stop playing and drop the acoustic, there is not one song where it makes it better or more melodic, it just seems less energetic.

To date, the songs he has not enhanced with the acoustic:

*Better Man
    *Crazy Mary
    *Black (bring it back if not just for this song)
    *Elderly Woman
    *In My Tree
    *Immortality
    *Who You Are

I'll add Thin Air to this list.
    Whoa, chill bro... you know you can't raise your voice like that when the lion's here.
  • Options
    electric much better, with the acoustic he just strums, when he played electric on those songs he played the best fills during the jamming bits.
  • Options
    dustinparduedustinpardue Las Vegas, NV Posts: 1,829

i definitely love the older versions better without the church organ frenzy they have now
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,355
    I totally agree...although I think he has switched back to electric on Black for the most part.
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,478
    yeah def prefer electric specially for BLACK ..and CRAZY MARY ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....