Options

Academic Essay: Pearl Jam Social Entrepreneurs?

Sloth2Sloth2 Posts: 277
edited August 2006 in A Moving Train
I posted this on the Porch too. If this p!sses anyone off then I apologise, but after posting on Porch I thiought I might get a response here too. Kat & Sea if you decide to delete I understand. Anyhow here it is: Any help or worthy discussion would be valuable, and a reference to this forum will be part of my offcial research :D

I have an academic presentation to do in about a month on Social Entrepreneurship. I want to argue that Pearl Jam are Social Entrepreneurs, though the various charity works they do and the ticket levy imposed on this concert series. However I am having a little trouble. Here is a A definition of Social Entrepreneurship:

A social entrepreneur is someone who develops social innovation through entrepreneurial solutions. A social entrepreneur takes notice of a social problem or need, decides to passionately pursue it, creatively innovates new solutions and entrepreneurially addresses the issue through an organised 'business plan' approach, thus allowing the social entrepreneur to address the issue of sustainability of the social venture undertaken.

Anyone wanna help discuss? Be ace
"I hope they feed you in jail" - Ed V to a stage intruder 18/02/2003 Melbourne.

High Above
i'll break the law
if it's illegal to be in love
leave the hatred on the cross