Options

What Do You Guys Feel About The Other Acts?

2»

Comments

• Options
    alex_scalex_sc Posts: 116
    I'm excited about a lot of the names on the list (most already mentioned). I'm glad PJ is going, though, because I've looked at festival lineups before and thought "Ehh...not worth the trouble" even when I really liked some of the artists.

A PJ appearance is just what I needed to pull the trigger and make the trip. I understand it's not going to be like the PJ concerts I've attended, but it'll be fun and I think it will lead me into a cool weekend of checking out lots of performers alongside a bunch of other music fans.

Plus, I'll be gearing up for grad school poverty in the fall. Living in a tent for 4 days will help prepare me for that endeavor.

-edit- oh, and after flying all over hell and back to see PJ this will be a nice treat...I can drive. Stay in a tent for cheap, etc. etc. Can't pass up that opportunity.
    Philly 05 ~ Camden I 06 ~ DC 06 ~ Columbia 08 ~ Va. Beach 08 ~ Camden I 08 ~ Atlanta 12 ~ Charlotte 13 ~ Columbia 16
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Drive-by Truckers is the probably the best live act in the world.....bar none.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    SchokiSchoki Posts: 5,072
    Great Line Up.Would love to see

Metallica
    Jack Johnson
    Sigur Ros
    The Raconteurs
    Ben Folds
    Broken Social Scene
    Against Me!
    Aimee Mann
    Minus The Bear
    Donovam Frankenreiter
    Two Gallants
    B.B.King

Have to find a way to attend that festival! Wow what a lineup!
  • Options
    JP2026766JP2026766 Posts: 1,125
    is a small band named State Radio. A fairly heavy sound that is very similar to Pearl Jam. Just released another album, lots of politically fueled songs (Guantanamo, CIA, Sudan, Fall Of The American Empire), plus you can download alot of their songs free on myspace, or something like that. So for those of you going, I strongly urge you to check them out.

Mansfield II '08

EV Solo Shows:

NYC I
    NJPAC

I. LOVE. YIELD.
  • Options
    yep, that's exactly the same with me unfortunately. I was hoping for atleast another big band like Led Zep or REM or someone performing.... but I don't know if this is enough for me to go all the way there...
    Me too. My husband and I were set to go, but there is really no one else that we are that crazy about to justify the expense. I was going for PJ anyway and would have like to have seen Death Cab and Jack Johnson, but my husband isn't that into any of the bands and he likes all kinds of music. I'm so bummed about it, but if we are going to pay that much, I would rather save the $$ and hopefully later they will play some other shows (vote for change maybe) and we will travel to see them then. I know I'm taking my chances of not getting to see them this year.
  • Options
    Redmosquito91Redmosquito91 Jackson, WY Posts: 48
    is a small band named State Radio. A fairly heavy sound that is very similar to Pearl Jam. Just released another album, lots of politically fueled songs (Guantanamo, CIA, Sudan, Fall Of The American Empire), plus you can download alot of their songs free on myspace, or something like that. So for those of you going, I strongly urge you to check them out.

STATE RADIO!!!!! fuckerin right!!! long long time dispatch fan here and been a fan of all their solo stuff.. Democracy in Kind is a balls wicked song! so yes..RUN.. dont walk to see this band at the ROO...

also i'm stoked about...

PJ (duh),Metallica (Quit hating... Lars is a douche but the rest of them are sweet and they have a shit load of amazing songs before the ST. Anger album and they were amazing when i saw them a few years ago), jack Johnson (again.. duh), O.A.R (again.. quit hating), Plant, MIA, State Radio, BB FUCKING KING!.... and like 30 other bands that will be there.

this will be a fun ass four days! (if u cant hack camping.. maybe ur too old for rock n roll... j/p... but maybe....)
    Pittsburgh 4/26/03, State College 5/3/03, Reading 10/1/04, Toledo 10/2/04, Toronto 9/19/05, Pittsburgh 9/28/05, Cleveland 5/20/06, Pittsburgh 6/23/06, Cincinnati 6/24/06, Washington D.C. 6/22/08, Cleveland 5/9/10, Pittsburgh 10/11/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, Los Angeles 11/24/13, Oakland 11/26/13, Missoula 8/13/18, Denver 9/22/22, St. Paul 8/31/23, St. Paul 9/2/23
  • Options
    If Sigur Ros is true, I will make every effort to experience the roo for the first time.